Ridgeline SQ Audio Build - Vancouver, Canada - Page 15 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 11-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #141
Lunchbox12
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2006 RTL
Other

Re: Ridgeline SQ Audio Build - Vancouver, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt08RTL View Post
Spent the last 2 days installing my stereo, what a PITA I think I could write a book on here about the process. Like always though I didn't take any pictures of the install. In the end It sounds great, better than I expected with a LOC and for once I managed to get it done without getting blood on everything.
Awesome bro! Hey a bloodless field is always nice!
Lunchbox12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 08:39 PM   #142
IanRTL
ROC Rank: 5k Comma Club
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

If you don't bleed, it's not a successful project. It took me about two weeks to heal after I installed mine last spring!
Westin chrome tube steps, AVS vent visors, AVS bug shield, blue LED interior switches, LED interior/exterior lights, Weathertech floor mats, Extang Trifecta soft tonneau cover, Pioneer AVH-P4400BH bypassed head unit, Metra Axxess ASWC, Jensen Carbon 65C components, Jensen Power 400 2ch bridged amp, 10" Boss Onyx shallow sub in custom behind-seat enclosure, FatMat sound deadening, Koolertron backup camera
IanRTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 04:09 PM   #143
Matt08RTL
ROC Rank: Senior
2008 RTL
Formal Black

After listening to my system for a few days i'm not real happy with the sound. It can go REALLY LOUD and not get distorted but it just doesn't sound right to me, it doesn't sound full. Too much highs and bass. I'll have to find some time to pull the back seat again to adjust it. I've been doing some research on how to set gains and crossovers and finally realized I don't know **** about car audio.

I'm embarrassed to say i worked at a car audio shop for years(many years ago),but 90% of what we did was remote starts. The rest was swapping tape decks for cheap Pioneer CD players or adding subs to crappy stock stereos. Thats all that came through the door. We did some SPL comp stuff and held some dbDrag comps but never really made enough money to build much of our own. I think the best we did was a 152. I never really cared for the SPL stuff though.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:08 AM   #144
chiph
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club
2006 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Steel Blue Metallic

Autosound 2000 used to have their newsletters online - they were really thorough.

Their test discs (sold through Crutchfield) are good, as well. (some are better than others, but all have value).

Do you have access to an RTA?

Chip H.

Former owner: 2012 Civic LX, 2006 Ridgeline RTL, 2000 CR-V EX, 1991 Accord EX
chiph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #145
IanRTL
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Matt, you shouldn't have to adjust anything on the sub amp. Everything can be adjusted from the HU. Remind me which HU you have? I'm sure we could work out some settings that would boost the midrange. There's no reason with the equipment you have that it shouldn't sound great.
Westin chrome tube steps, AVS vent visors, AVS bug shield, blue LED interior switches, LED interior/exterior lights, Weathertech floor mats, Extang Trifecta soft tonneau cover, Pioneer AVH-P4400BH bypassed head unit, Metra Axxess ASWC, Jensen Carbon 65C components, Jensen Power 400 2ch bridged amp, 10" Boss Onyx shallow sub in custom behind-seat enclosure, FatMat sound deadening, Koolertron backup camera
Old 11-27-2012, 01:34 PM   #146
laserguy
ROC Rank: Freshman
2006 RTL
Other

Amplifying the factory HU with different speakers may reveal some weaknesses from it.
An equalizer will help if the basic bass and treble does not give the sound we are looking for or a different set of speakers, sound deadening on the doors and properly sealing them and installing the speakers will make a difference
laserguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #147
Matt08RTL
2008 RTL
Formal Black

Rather than continue the hijacking of this thread I made new thread for general car audio discussion here http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/f...ad.php?t=46654
I'll respond to your questions comments there.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:52 PM   #148
tpevehouse
2009 RT
Dark Cherry Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt08RTL View Post
The rest was swapping tape decks for cheap Pioneer CD players or adding subs to crappy stock stereos.
Huh, what that?
Sony XAV601BT, Polk DB coaxial/sail tweets, Dynamat, V-LED Ext./Int./Dash, GE NightHawk Platinum, Plastidiped Steels/Grill, Duralast Platinum AGM, OEM Tow Harness/Rear Mud Guards, Weathertech F&R Mats/Visors/Bug Shield.
tpevehouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #149
IanRTL
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpevehouse View Post
Huh, what that?
So I guess you've never listened to the Beastie Boys on a Sony Walkman? Ugh... kids...
Old 11-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #150
fizzy77
ROC Rank: Freshman
2012 RTX
Amazon Green / Olive

hi

good thread mate

Last edited by fizzy77; 12-09-2012 at 05:09 PM.
fizzy77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.