Off-Roading Ride-Along Video - Page 3 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Activities > Off-Roading

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 11-27-2009, 10:55 AM   #21
jtunson
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2009 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Re: Off-Roading Ride-Along Video

Thanks speedlever, that worked!
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2009, 05:59 AM   #22
kwoodman
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2007 RT
Aberdeen Green Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjburns View Post
Good video allmost makes me want to go off roading every weekend after my hony do list is done.
Is that list ever done
Old 11-28-2012, 02:10 PM   #23
Loo
ROC Rank: Freshman
2007 RTX
Billet Silver Metallic

Very cool!
Loo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #24
jeb
2008 LX
Formal Black

I found it!!!!!!!!!! Ive been looking for this for awhile.

Previous Rides:
2010 Honda Civic Sport, 2003 Acura MDX, 2005 Acura TL, 1998 Accord V6 EXL, 1995 Accord EX (x3), 1995 Acura Integra
jeb is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #25
kevin_stevens
2008 RTS
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Does anyone have this video as a downloadable file? I'm concerned about losing access to it and like to review it occasionally.

KeS
kevin_stevens is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2013, 11:06 PM   #26
kevin_stevens
2008 RTS
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rontopia View Post
so on that one big hill did he have to use vtm-4 lock or did he do that just because he hit the cruse botton and thought "oh well, I guess now I can so how this other stuff works"

it looks to me that for most of the course, he was not in vtm4.. is that correnct? so through mud and water and all that one would just use the mormal vsa system?
I think the latter. What he was trying to do when he hit the cruise control button was to turn VSA OFF, since he was getting so much front wheel spin that the engine was being stalled by VSA. If he'd just turned VSA off, he would have gotten transfer to the rear wheels by virtue of the front wheel slip (VSA OFF only turns off the traction control part, not the rear clutch pack activation), and he should have been fine. I suspect that having botched the demo on camera, he didn't want to take any chance of a further problem, and went ahead and engaged VTM-4 as well. I agree that it would have been interesting to see if he could have gotten going on that hill from a stop - although truthfully that would have been more of a tire test than a driveline test.

KeS
Old 05-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #27
jeb
2008 LX
Formal Black

Hahahha the comment on the video is priceless:

"You can do that in 2 wheel drive right up until 60,000 miles when your American Made truck falls apart."

I agree. I havent been there obviously but I dont think its too challenging but a good demonstration none the less

Previous Rides:
2010 Honda Civic Sport, 2003 Acura MDX, 2005 Acura TL, 1998 Accord V6 EXL, 1995 Accord EX (x3), 1995 Acura Integra
Old 05-04-2013, 11:04 AM   #28
jeb
2008 LX
Formal Black

One thing I noticed he said: "VSA is braking the Appropriate wheel". Not, "braking the rear wheel".

This has long been a discussion on this site. Some say it only does the rear due to the front wheel bias for stability.... Maybe the guy who designed it knows? I have seen my girl friend drive mine through deep snow and you can actually see the front wheel stop and start spinning when the vsa brakes it.

Previous Rides:
Old 05-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #29
kevin_stevens
2008 RTS
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb View Post
One thing I noticed he said: "VSA is braking the Appropriate wheel". Not, "braking the rear wheel".

This has long been a discussion on this site. Some say it only does the rear due to the front wheel bias for stability.... Maybe the guy who designed it knows? I have seen my girl friend drive mine through deep snow and you can actually see the front wheel stop and start spinning when the vsa brakes it.
I didn't realize it was a debate. There's no doubt VSA brakes the front wheels - on a loose surface you can easily feel which wheels (or at least which end) is affected. Now, I couldn't tell you offhand if it brakes the REAR wheels - usually by the time I'm at that point I've already turned VSA off. I could do an experiment, I guess. Always assumed VSA traction control worked on all four, since it's integrated with ABS and why wouldn't you?

KeS
Old 05-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #30
jeb
2008 LX
Formal Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin_stevens View Post
I didn't realize it was a debate. There's no doubt VSA brakes the front wheels - on a loose surface you can easily feel which wheels (or at least which end) is affected. Now, I couldn't tell you offhand if it brakes the REAR wheels - usually by the time I'm at that point I've already turned VSA off. I could do an experiment, I guess. Always assumed VSA traction control worked on all four, since it's integrated with ABS and why wouldn't you?

KeS
I have seen it work first hand on all four wheels. I just remember a thread on here where there was some heated discussion about weather or not it braked the front or not. Like I said in my last post, someone said (I cant remember who) that the front were for the stability control. I don't doubt that its just that it can do both.

I tried to find the thread but I ended up sifting through pages and pages of "Whats VSA" threads.

Previous Rides:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Activities > Off-Roading

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.