Vote em out! - Page 1147 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > ROC Member Central > The Ridge - Off-Topic Discussions

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 01:58 PM   #11461
cdepuydt
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

Re: Vote em out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manida View Post
so incredibly awesome! Holy sweeping generalizations Batman!

You really have no idea, do you.

I'd bet $1M that I am 10x more successful than youve ever been at any age in your entire life and Im just under 40.

yep, a successful Democrat that has never had a handout in his life and has never expected one.
Eu contraire mon frair, I do have an idea. I said that because I knew that comment would get under your skin/tick you off a bit. Kinda feels good, don't it?!?

I find it interesting that you support the current administration, and their attempt to redistribute wealth through higher taxes and programs like Obamacare, yet you bristle at the thought of somebody making a comment about you being dependent on somebody/thing...be it your parents or the gov't or whatever. I don't think you are as calm and collected you as you claim to be and are proud of your success...which is exactly as you should be.

So, if you are truely as successful as you claim to be, explain to me why you are OK with...no...why you want...the federal government taking more than they already take and give it to others...give it to those who have not worked even 1/10th as hard as you have to get where you are today...through forced redistribution of wealth (ie, higher mandates/taxes). Explain to me why you want even more gov't intervention in your life. Explain to me why you want the freedoms you enjoy today to be infringed upon by the gov't you pay to run. Explain to me why you want the gov't to be running more of your life than it is today.

If you are truely as successful as you claim to be, you should NOT want our government infringing on that success, and should be fighting to keep more of what is yours. I mean, if you really don't think the gov't takes enough of what is yours already...maybe your success makes you feel a bit guilty, I dunno...you can write a check to the US Treasury. If that makes you feel better...then by all means...feel free.

RTL w/Nav and Sunroof, Running boards, Bug deflector, Leer Cap, OEM Hitch, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Weathertech Floor Mats, OEM Foglights w/Painted Bezels, OEM Side Door Protectors, '10 Pilot Touring Wheels, Kumho Road Venture KL61 Tires (New in Oct. 2012 and New Again in May of 2014), new Monroe OE Spectrum Struts (New in May 2013), RTX/Accessory Grill, and Figs Hood Prop Kit.

Last edited by cdepuydt; 11-28-2012 at 02:02 PM.
cdepuydt is online now   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #11462
manida
ROC Rank: Junior
2007 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

thanks for all the advice as to what I should be doing, now you can go to Dennys
manida is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 03:06 PM   #11463
MoosePond
ROC Rank: 7k Comma Club
2007 *Former Ridgeline Owner
White / Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
As my friends from the West of Ireland would say . . . dead fookin' brill mate! Some very simple solutions: eliminate government borrowing, return to issuance of debt free money by sovereign governments, banks cannot control the currency or lend money that they do not have, no private enterprise is too big to fail. George Bailey good, Jamie Dimon bad. Those are the lessons I took from this fascinating video. Bring back the greenback!

Life is too short to drive boring vehicles!

Last edited by MoosePond; 11-28-2012 at 06:56 PM. Reason: correct spelling error
MoosePond is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 03:11 PM   #11464
MoosePond
White / Beige

Quote:
because old people are usually the angriest.
Other than your own personal observations, on what exactly do you base such an opinion? Very few of the "old people" that I know exhibit anything close to the anger that was in great evidence during the various occupy movements or at any La Raza gathering or any speech by a union leader or by the people hired to teach our children when they walked off their jobs in Wisconsin last year. Arthur Godfrey had a favorite saying that has stayed with me: "We grow too soon old, and too late smart."

Old 11-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #11465
Outfitter
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club
2008 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoosePond View Post
As my friends from the West of Ireland would say . . . dead fookin' brill mate! Some very simple solutions: eliminate government borrowing, return to issuance of debt free money by sovereign governments, banks cannot control the currency or lend money that they do not have, no private enterprise is too big to fail. George Bailey good, Jamie Dimond bad. Those are the lessons I took from this fascinating video. Bring back the greenback!
"Give a man a gun
and he will rob a bank

Give a man a bank
and he will rob the world"

08 Nimbus Grey RTL w/Nav 6/25/08
06 Billet Silver RTL (5/23/05 -6/25/08.. RIP)
13 Pearl White CR-V, EX-L w/Nav 5/3/13
10 Urban Titanium CR-V, EX-L w/Nav 7/10-5/3/13..RIP)
Oh, and....2 ATV's, a lawnmower, a trimmer and 2 generators...all by Honda and if Honda made a chainsaw, I dang sure would buy one.
Outfitter is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #11466
MoosePond
White / Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outfitter View Post
"Give a man a gun
and he will rob a bank

Give a man a bank
and he will rob the world"
The infamous Willie Sutton said it best when asked why he robbed banks: "Because that's where the money is!" However, neither he nor any other bank robber throughout history has been even remotely close to being as big a public enemy as are the banksters. We don't just need to audit the Fed, we need to eliminate it (as we've done four times previously in our history)!!

Last edited by MoosePond; 11-28-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:50 PM   #11467
cdepuydt
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

Quote:
thanks for all the advice as to what I should be doing, now you can go to Dennys
Thank you for your usual inane response and...what's wrong with Denny's...?...I like their breakfasts.

And, as usual, you side-step direction questions. You claim, quite proudly I might add, to be a successful person "that has never had a handout in his life and has never expected one", as if you think everybody should be just like you...you know, work hard and be successful...which is what made this country great.

Yet you support this administration...that has made no bones about the fact they support forced redistribution of wealth through taxation and programs, like Obamacare, that redistribute wealth...ie...take money away from a successful person like you...and provide handouts to others...which takes money out of your pocket, away from you and diminishes your ability to support your family and save for the future...it makes no sense.

Do you like people taking away what is yours? If somebody came up to you in the street and asked you to give them your wallet, would you comply without so much as an argument? That is pretty much what you are saying...by supporting the current administration...it's OK if strangers come and take what is yours...and you are happy to give it.

If that is the case, I'll PM you my address and you can write out a check to me as large as your checking account will support. Heck, I'll take it! Of course, if I win the Powerball tonight, I won't need it...

RTL w/Nav and Sunroof, Running boards, Bug deflector, Leer Cap, OEM Hitch, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Weathertech Floor Mats, OEM Foglights w/Painted Bezels, OEM Side Door Protectors, '10 Pilot Touring Wheels, Kumho Road Venture KL61 Tires (New in Oct. 2012 and New Again in May of 2014), new Monroe OE Spectrum Struts (New in May 2013), RTX/Accessory Grill, and Figs Hood Prop Kit.

Last edited by cdepuydt; 11-28-2012 at 03:55 PM.
cdepuydt is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 04:05 PM   #11468
MoosePond
White / Beige

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”
Sir Winston Churchill (a better man than anyone presently in our government)

It's gonna be entertaining to watch Manida make the transition when he finally realizes just how badly the liberals are screwing him and how desperate they are to take away all that he's worked for.

btw, there is no question that a lot of seniors are mad as hell and who wouldn't be when much (all in many cases) of what they've worked decades for is stolen from them by the crooks in Washington and on Wall Street?

Old 11-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #11469
WNY PAT
ROC Rank: Senior
2013 RTL
Crystal Black Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by k757 View Post
Everyone should be angry when these actions start to spread across all business lines. Business people know how to stay in business by following gov't rules forced onto them. It's not their fault that they want to stay in business. People need to look at the rules forced onto them. This is where the fault lies.
Anyone care to research how many businesses fail? I DO own my business, small but successful at that. I've seen more morons run their companies in to the ground than I can remember. I sure wouldn't want them making decisions about big policy, economic or otherwise. This modern idea that all we need to do to run government better is put a bunch of business folks at the helm is idiotic. Put the best decision makers in place.
2012 RL RTS (Sold)
WNY PAT is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 06:10 PM   #11470
MoosePond
White / Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNY PAT View Post
Anyone care to research how many businesses fail? I DO own my business, small but successful at that. I've seen more morons run their companies in to the ground than I can remember. I sure wouldn't want them making decisions about big policy, economic or otherwise. This modern idea that all we need to do to run government better is put a bunch of business folks at the helm is idiotic. Put the best decision makers in place.
We're certainly doing a fabulous job in that area! We tend to put people in place who've never accomplished anything outside of government (Obama and Biden are perfect examples) rather than the type of highly successful business leaders who've taken things from concept to success and actually built something that didn't exist before.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > ROC Member Central > The Ridge - Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.