factory sub to an aftermarket HU's rear speaker outputs? - Page 3 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 11-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #21
laserguy
ROC Rank: 5k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Other

Re: factory sub to an aftermarket HU's rear speaker outputs?

Bridging the Alpine rear channels and tapping in the sub harnesses is free and done when the dash is removed. The plastic panels on the bottom of the back seat just unsnap easy if the sub connection needs to be checked or reconnected.

Adding a new sub and amp will cost nearly or over $300.00 a bazooka, $130.00. And don't forget a good wiring kit, easy extra $50.00 plus the little supplies to do the install that can add up.

If I made a box to go behind the seat I would go with the Pioneer, it's more efficient and the box would need to be 1 inch taller to fit the pioneer sub.
laserguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 03:36 PM   #22
tpevehouse
ROC Rank: Senior
2009 RT
Dark Cherry Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanRTL View Post
The Tang Band 10" sub (also called Wild Tang by tpevehouse.... hahaha!) .
Yeah, that! I could remember what the thing was call. Too much psychology from class for me to remember so I ran outa space. I didn't think that the cost difference wasn't that much, honestly. Apparently I under estimated the bazooka tube's cost effectiveness.

My box isn't 1 inch taller, but it was pretty tight getting the my sub to line up right. It goes from the very bottom to the very top of the box.
Sony XAV601BT, Polk DB coaxial/sail tweets, Dynamat, V-LED Ext./Int./Dash, GE NightHawk Platinum, Plastidiped Steels/Grill, Duralast Platinum AGM, OEM Tow Harness/Rear Mud Guards, Weathertech F&R Mats/Visors/Bug Shield.
tpevehouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 03:52 PM   #23
IanRTL
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpevehouse View Post
Yeah, that! I could remember what the thing was call. Too much psychology from class for me to remember so I ran outa space. I didn't think that the cost difference wasn't that much, honestly. Apparently I under estimated the bazooka tube's cost effectiveness.

My box isn't 1 inch taller, but it was pretty tight getting the my sub to line up right. It goes from the very bottom to the very top of the box.
Ouch... I had a class in college called "Logic". It was all theory and philosophy. I almost had a mental meltdown every time I left that class. I took it as an elective because I thought it would be interesting. Live and learn!
Westin chrome tube steps, AVS vent visors, AVS bug shield, blue LED interior switches, LED interior/exterior lights, Weathertech floor mats, Extang Trifecta soft tonneau cover, Pioneer AVH-P4400BH bypassed head unit, Metra Axxess ASWC, Jensen Carbon 65C components, Jensen Power 400 2ch bridged amp, 10" Boss Onyx shallow sub in custom behind-seat enclosure, FatMat sound deadening, Koolertron backup camera
IanRTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 06:16 PM   #24
laserguy
2006 RTL
Other

Quote:
Many have used the Pioneer and the Elemental Designs subs with great success. However, the ED is no longer available. The Tang Band 10" sub (also called Wild Tang by tpevehouse.... hahaha!) is widely available on partsexpress.com and is virtually the exact same driver as the ED. great end-result.
I thought it was called the Tang Bang, but I guess it can be called The Tang Band? We just need someone to call it the Big Bang or the Bang Tan
Old 11-28-2012, 06:52 PM   #25
IanRTL
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserguy View Post
I thought it was called the Tang Bang, but I guess it can be called The Tang Band? We just need someone to call it the Big Bang or the Bang Tan
Hahaha! Just for reference, here's a link to it:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=264-862

Astronaut drink + collection of music artists = Tang Band!
Westin chrome tube steps, AVS vent visors, AVS bug shield, blue LED interior switches, LED interior/exterior lights, Weathertech floor mats, Extang Trifecta soft tonneau cover, Pioneer AVH-P4400BH bypassed head unit, Metra Axxess ASWC, Jensen Carbon 65C components, Jensen Power 400 2ch bridged amp, 10" Boss Onyx shallow sub in custom behind-seat enclosure, FatMat sound deadening, Koolertron backup camera
Old 11-28-2012, 11:11 PM   #26
laserguy
2006 RTL
Other

Quote:
Hahaha! Just for reference, here's a link to it:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=264-862

Astronaut drink + collection of music artists = Tang Band!
I should have checked that link before I posted, I guess some names are very confusing or they simply change them with time.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:59 AM   #27
IanRTL
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserguy View Post
I should have checked that link before I posted, I guess some names are very confusing or they simply change them with time.
But Tang Bang and Wild Tang are SOOOO much better!
Old 11-29-2012, 09:42 AM   #28
tpevehouse
ROC Rank: Senior
2009 RT
Dark Cherry Pearl

noo. Wild tang sounds far to dirty for a sub.
Sony XAV601BT, Polk DB coaxial/sail tweets, Dynamat, V-LED Ext./Int./Dash, GE NightHawk Platinum, Plastidiped Steels/Grill, Duralast Platinum AGM, OEM Tow Harness/Rear Mud Guards, Weathertech F&R Mats/Visors/Bug Shield.
tpevehouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 10:17 AM   #29
IanRTL
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Well, now that we've thoroughly tainted this thread, Imho4ep, have you given some thought to what you plan to do?
Old 11-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #30
Imho4ep
ROC Rank: Freshman
2007 RTL
Formal Black

Quote:
Well, now that we've thoroughly tainted this thread, Imho4ep, have you given some thought to what you plan to do?
Haha, i'm suprised noone threw a "gang bang" in there.

Im actually in Belize right now ill make my mind up next week when i'm home. I really appreciate everyones help and suggestions!
Imho4ep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.