Toyota Tundra commercial - the truth... - Page 2 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > ROC Member Central > The Ridge - Off-Topic Discussions

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 04-01-2007, 05:43 PM   #11
Raplon
ROC Rank: Senior
2007 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

Re: Toyota Tundra commercial - the truth...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeXRidge View Post
Wanna talk about misleading ads? I believe GM (but not sure) is running the ad where a full size truck is racing down a constructed highway that leads to an overhang to what looks like the Grand Canyon. Of course it stops only inches from the edge. Not to mention it also races through a closing steel door that barely misses the truck.

This ad has CGI written all over it. Can you imagine the expense of building that overhang and massive doors, for a commercial that may only run for a month or two. I can't see it. I wonder if this ad was in response to the above letter.
It is Toyota truck, actually, and not GM.
Raplon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2007, 09:22 PM   #12
Tihstae
ROC Rank: Junior
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raplon View Post
It is Toyota truck, actually, and not GM.
Yep, it is the other Tundra commercial. This one is touting its speed and again its brakes.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:08 AM   #13
chrism9232
ROC Rank: Freshman

read this http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/...D=200770223033

chrism9232 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 08:23 AM   #14
Heli ATP
ROC Rank: Junior
2011 RTS
Crystal Black Pearl

Another Toyota Ad....

Peragon Cover, 2012 Grille, OEM Fog Lights, Romik Running Board SideSteps, AVS Hood & Window Deflectors, WeatherTech Mats, Wetokole Seat Covers, Pilot Conversation Mirror, Gentex Autodimming Mirror W/ Homelink & Compass, Audiovox ASH300 back-up warning system. JBL GTO18T Tweeters. JBL GT6-6 Door Speakers. DIY Tailgate Lock. Kenwood DNX9990HD with CMOS-310 Camera and dual 7" headrest monitors, Bazooka 6" amplified Bass Tube.

Heli ATP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 09:15 AM   #15
speedlever
2008 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

Hah! Well, if they won't bring the Hilux here, maybe it's time to move to where you can buy a Hilux.

2006 Pilot EXL-RES in BSM

Last edited by speedlever; 12-01-2012 at 09:38 AM.
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 10:19 AM   #16
Sparkland
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club
2008 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Dark Cherry Pearl

My son and I watched those shows on Top Gear. I love the British version much better than the American guys.

It is tough!!

Sparkland is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #17
IanRTL
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Just saw the Tundra commercial of it pulling the space shuttle in CA. I wonder how true that one is. I know once the thing gets rolling, it might be possible, but getting the 146 TONS moving from a dead stop? I'm skeptical. The Tundra is a great truck, but I find that hard to fathom.
Westin chrome tube steps, AVS vent visors, AVS bug shield, blue LED interior switches, LED interior/exterior lights, Weathertech floor mats, Extang Trifecta soft tonneau cover, Pioneer AVH-P4400BH bypassed head unit, Metra Axxess ASWC, Jensen Carbon 65C components, Jensen Power 400 2ch bridged amp, 10" Boss Onyx shallow sub in custom behind-seat enclosure, FatMat sound deadening, Koolertron backup camera
IanRTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 05:27 PM   #18
rollinhonda
ROC Rank: 9k Comma Club
2010 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanRTL View Post
Just saw the Tundra commercial of it pulling the space shuttle in CA. I wonder how true that one is. I know once the thing gets rolling, it might be possible, but getting the 146 TONS moving from a dead stop? I'm skeptical. The Tundra is a great truck, but I find that hard to fathom.
I wondered the same thing. Maybe they wait for a strong tailwind before starting.

Honda North, Clovis CA Sales 4 Service 3.5
Private Mechs:
Kurata Automotive, Fresno
Charlies Automotive, Clovis

Home of the Free, because of the Brave!
rollinhonda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #19
IanRTL
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinhonda View Post
I wondered the same thing. Maybe they wait for a strong tailwind before starting.
Hahaha! Quite possibly. I love how they showed the driveshaft connection to the rear diff as it started to pull. I would think that thing would just disintegrate. Who knows... Maybe it actually happened. Seemed like there were a lot of bystanders there as witnesses. Some of the newer reliability and repair cost articles point towards some fairly expensive problems with the Tundra. Bigger vehicle = bigger repair bills. I still think it's better than most of the Big 3's offerings but that is certainly something to take into consideration for someone who might be in the market for a full size truck.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Westin chrome tube steps, AVS vent visors, AVS bug shield, blue LED interior switches, LED interior/exterior lights, Weathertech floor mats, Extang Trifecta soft tonneau cover, Pioneer AVH-P4400BH bypassed head unit, Metra Axxess ASWC, Jensen Carbon 65C components, Jensen Power 400 2ch bridged amp, 10" Boss Onyx shallow sub in custom behind-seat enclosure, FatMat sound deadening, Koolertron backup camera
IanRTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 12:18 AM   #20
MikeT
Mall Ninja Moderator
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

All depends on the rolling resistance of the transporter (Wheels and carriage under the shuttle). I happen to believe the Tundra was in front of and guiding (In theory only) the package as the dolleys and carriage are self powered and remotely steered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > ROC Member Central > The Ridge - Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.