RV6 Performance J-pipe REVIEW!!! - Page 4 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Under The Hood / Performance

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 11-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #31
rollinhonda
ROC Rank: 9k Comma Club
2010 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

Re: RV6 Performance J-pipe REVIEW!!!

That's not a huge jump, maybe 10%, but if it is all on the low end, that's a good thing! What's the normal torque at the wheels?

Maybe with better exhaust components to the rear as well it could be even more.

Honda North, Clovis CA Sales 4 Service 3.5
Private Mechs:
Kurata Automotive, Fresno
Charlies Automotive, Clovis

Home of the Free, because of the Brave!

Last edited by rollinhonda; 11-29-2012 at 03:12 PM.
rollinhonda is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #32
Philip
ROC Rank: Freshman
2006 RTS
White / Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soobie99 View Post
Hey- Rich is waiting on some more feedback from me before adjusting the current pipe design to fit better. Its a process, and ridgelines are not the main source of business for him. We're lucky theres anyone out there producing products that make our trucks more enjoyable to drive.

These pipes are worth it in my opinion. The truck is much stronger off the line and so much smoother throughout the power band. It also requires less pedal to get it moving when passing. Also there are dyno charts out there showing gains of 17ft/lbs at the wheels (down low in the rpm range where its needed).
You're right, I'm thankful someone's building it! I'm sure we all appreciate your efforts in updating us as well. Do you have a Gtech or anything of the sort to quantify a before and after 60 or 1/4 time? I would think that Rich would want objective, quantifiable data, versus subjective. My experience is that the butt dyno can be misleading. Please don't take offense as there is none intended.
Thanks again for your efforts!
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 03:35 PM   #33
IanRTL
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinhonda View Post
That's not a huge jump, maybe 10%, but if it is all on the low end, that's a good thing! What's the normal torque at the wheels?

Maybe with better exhaust components to the rear as well it could be even more.
17 ft/lbs may not seem like much, but if it makes the torque more usable at lower RPM's, you'd most certainly feel it. I would also be interested to see what could be done with the combination of the J-pipe and the aftermarket exhaust. Maybe after that we could add an aftermarket intake and put that old argument to bed to see if there is actually anything to be gained from the change. I'd put my money on a "no". jnc2000 seemed to think there was some big gains to be had by doing the J-pipe and exhaust - maybe up to about 30hp.
Westin chrome tube steps, AVS vent visors, AVS bug shield, blue LED interior switches, LED interior/exterior lights, Weathertech floor mats, Extang Trifecta soft tonneau cover, Pioneer AVH-P4400BH bypassed head unit, Metra Axxess ASWC, Jensen Carbon 65C components, Jensen Power 400 2ch bridged amp, 10" Boss Onyx shallow sub in custom behind-seat enclosure, FatMat sound deadening, Koolertron backup camera
IanRTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 11:40 AM   #34
FuriousGeorge
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

I neeeeeeeeeeed one!!!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:07 PM   #35
Heathen
2006 RTL
Alabaster Silver Metallic

As an avid driver and tradesman I have had my ups and downs with engine modifications all in the pursuit of more power. I was half owner of VW/Audi/Porsche performance shop for 4 years and in that time I learned that reliable true Hp increases come from 3 main alterations.
1) Increased air flow (better in and out).
2) Bigger motor/bigger displacement (bigger top and bottom, pistons, cam re-grinds, etc.)
3) Re-mapping or stand alone engine management (Motec, etc.).

My preference by a long shot is custom intake manifold, headers, and exhaust systems.

So before I spend a dime on increasing the Hp on my 2006 Honda Ridgeline I need to know if I can get my hands on a well made and designed J pipe upgrade to go along with a good hi flow exhaust system.

Your imput is greatly appreciated.
Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #36
IanRTL
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
As an avid driver and tradesman I have had my ups and downs with engine modifications all in the pursuit of more power. I was half owner of VW/Audi/Porsche performance shop for 4 years and in that time I learned that reliable true Hp increases come from 3 main alterations.
1) Increased air flow (better in and out).
2) Bigger motor/bigger displacement (bigger top and bottom, pistons, cam re-grinds, etc.)
3) Re-mapping or stand alone engine management (Motec, etc.).

My preference by a long shot is custom intake manifold, headers, and exhaust systems.

So before I spend a dime on increasing the Hp on my 2006 Honda Ridgeline I need to know if I can get my hands on a well made and designed J pipe upgrade to go along with a good hi flow exhaust system.

Your imput is greatly appreciated.
Sounds like it will be available sometime in the near-ish future. It also sounds like you'd have access to the right type of dyno equipment to get a good idea of what this J and a good aftermarket exhaust can do to wake up this truck. In addition to that, once you get those parts on, it would be VERY interesting to see what the numbers would be with the stock air intake and an aftermarket air intake. There has been a lot of talk on here for years saying that an aftermarket intake will do nothing for the performance on this truck because the stock one can outflow what the truck is capable of taking in. It'd be nice to put that to bed!
Westin chrome tube steps, AVS vent visors, AVS bug shield, blue LED interior switches, LED interior/exterior lights, Weathertech floor mats, Extang Trifecta soft tonneau cover, Pioneer AVH-P4400BH bypassed head unit, Metra Axxess ASWC, Jensen Carbon 65C components, Jensen Power 400 2ch bridged amp, 10" Boss Onyx shallow sub in custom behind-seat enclosure, FatMat sound deadening, Koolertron backup camera
IanRTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 10:14 AM   #37
Macinudo
2008 RTL
Steel Blue Metallic

Are there any updates to this thread? This mod would be very useful to me here in Utah (high altitude, driving in the mountains).

2008 RTL
2010 Pilot Touring
Macinudo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 10:29 AM   #38
Soobie99
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macinudo View Post
Are there any updates to this thread? This mod would be very useful to me here in Utah (high altitude, driving in the mountains).
Im trying to figure out a way to secure the pipe and the mid pipe so that it keeps it from jiggling on the cross member and whatever else it hits when the engine is under a load. I've got one idea tested and it seems to help. I need to get pictures and info to Rich still.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:17 PM   #39
alinfante
2007 RTS
Bali Blue Pearl

Thumbs up Re: RV6 Performance J-pipe REVIEW!!!

I heard this was still in the "test" phase and still under development. This was back in December though.
alinfante is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #40
Soobie99
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

by the way, i haven't noticed any increase in fuel mileage in city or highway travels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Under The Hood / Performance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.