Convert OEM headlights to projector(any color you want) - Page 5 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Exterior

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 11-29-2012, 11:45 AM   #41
hessank
ROC Rank: Freshman
2006 RTL
Crystal Black Pearl

Re: Convert OEM headlights to projector(any color you want)

When you put the headlight in the oven to warm up the glue, what temp and for how long? This is a terrific mod that I want to do myself.

Please and thanks
hessank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 07:42 PM   #42
HIDridgeline
2006 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

I put mine in at 350 degrees for 2 minutes.
HIDridgeline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 08:06 PM   #43
ridgeline2006
ROC Rank: Senior
2006 RTL
White / Olive

Send a message via ICQ to ridgeline2006 Send a message via AIM to ridgeline2006 Send a message via Yahoo to ridgeline2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyH View Post
Like he said. My plan is to install them in the headlight, like the Audi lights. I'll be putting a different setup in the two small bumper inserts as soon as I can find something that will work with the billet inserts I currently have installed.
Hey Rusty Looks like you have a project going on. I look forward to seeing the finished product. I installed more LED's for the front lights, here are a few pictures.

Attached Images

Last edited by ridgeline2006; 12-01-2012 at 08:46 PM.
ridgeline2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 08:45 PM   #44
hessank
2006 RTL
Crystal Black Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIDridgeline View Post
I put mine in at 350 degrees for 2 minutes.
Thanks dude. Also what glue do you use to reseal it
hessank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 09:53 PM   #45
HIDridgeline
2006 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

just used the existing sealant. when you go to close them up put them together the best you can then re-bake them. as soon as you pull them out of the oven squeeze the two halves together as hard as you can working your way around the entire seam. keep doing it until the head light cools enough that it doesnt pull apart any more.
HIDridgeline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 01:53 AM   #46
hybridamp
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2011 RTL
Bali Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton View Post
I was love to do this mod, but the whole putting. Good the headlights in the oven worries me.
I have to agree, I want to attempt this mod, but not sure I could handle it... If anyone decides to trade their RL in, I would swap my oem's for your retros + cash.
hybridamp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 01:03 AM   #47
07AreTeeEx
2007 RTX
Billet Silver Metallic

It is not that difficult of a project to do. I bought a donor pair of headlights from Ebay to use. I was concerned I might mess up the OEMS. I put my lights in the oven at 250 degrees and checked every five minutes. I turned off the TV and all my phones as I can easily get distracted and did not want to overcook my lights. Use some mechanic's gloves and make sure you remove all the clips and screw(s). Once the butyl sealant is soft, use some muscle and pull the assemblies apart.

I had more trouble with taking off and replacing the bumper cover to get to the lights!!

Light output is a quantum leap over the OEM halogens.
2K7 Billet Silver Metallic RTX - OEM Rear Splash Guards, OEM Hood Shield, Sonarstep Backup Alert System, ScanGauge II, Honda Accessory Alarm System, Donnelly Autodim Compass/Temperature Rearview Mirror, OEM Foglights, Black Weathertech Floorliner Mats, Sprint Booster, Polished Stainless Exhaust Tip, HID Bi-Xenon Projector Headlights, Six Inch Amplified Bazooka Subwoofer with Stealth Install, Pioneer AVH-X4600BT with Dash Mount Auxiliary Jack, Tailgate Handle Rear View Camera
07AreTeeEx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 01:12 AM   #48
ShanesG
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Whenever i bake HL's i normally set the oven to 300, once it's preheated turn the oven off. Put the lights in and should be soft enough in 5-10 min to pull apart.
ShanesG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 05:00 PM   #49
hybridamp
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2011 RTL
Bali Blue Pearl

Does anyone happen to offer this service by mailing in our current halogens?
hybridamp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 10:34 PM   #50
RustyH
ROC Rank: 4k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgeline2006 View Post
Hey Rusty Looks like you have a project going on. I look forward to seeing the finished product. I installed more LED's for the front lights, here are a few pictures.

Looks great Tony. I want to install my LED lights along the bottom, IE Audi style. I still haven't gotten around to changing out my headlights yet. I simply don't have enough down time be without my truck for a couple of days.
06 RTL, 2011 ROTY billet cubby cover, door sills and license plate frame. Polished Billet Grills, Custom paint, 275/45R/20 Yokohama tires on Rozzi Octane wheels. caliper covers, custom airbag suspension. Kenwood DVD Player, Rockford Power T15004 Amplifier, Six Rockford Power 6.5" speakers and 2 10" downfiring subs. Custom 3 color Wet Okle seat covers. Airraid CAI, throttle body spacer, Magnaflow muffler, Truxedo Pro Tonneau Cover, Hidden Hitch, smoked head and taillights.
RustyH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Exterior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.