2013 Ridgeline Sport-motor bleeding oil between head and block - Page 2 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Problems & Issues

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 12-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #11
716PRO
ROC Rank: Freshman
2006 RTL
Billet Silver Metallic

Re: 2013 Ridgeline Sport-motor bleeding oil between head and block

Meh, its a new motor. matching VINs dont mean anything nowadays, its not a musclecar. I do understand its a new car and you want it to match but if its gonna cost you more money for a lawyer and more time blah blah blah, I would just tell them simply you want a new RL or threaten them with a lawsuit , not necessarily doing it.
716PRO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #12
Bethard728
ROC Rank: Junior
2008 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 716PRO View Post
Meh, its a new motor. matching VINs dont mean anything nowadays, its not a musclecar. I do understand its a new car and you want it to match but if its gonna cost you more money for a lawyer and more time blah blah blah, I would just tell them simply you want a new RL or threaten them with a lawsuit , not necessarily doing it.
Nicely said 716. When is the last time anyone has ever checked vin numbers to see if they matched on a "modern" non collectible vehicle? It wouldn't hurt to try and get something out of the deal for your time and headache, but I would be satisfied with a new motor and full Honda warranty. Im sure everyone said the same thing about a 69 camaro ss back in the day....but I highly doubt a ridgeline will ever be a collector.
Bethard728 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #13
JadedSoulX
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2009 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Billet Silver / Gray

They have 30 days to fix the problem or else it is considered a lemon.

http://doj.nh.gov/consumer/sourcebook/lemon-law.htm

Get a lawyer, they usually work for "free". That is, Honda will pay them. I had a similar issue with a Hyundai in NC - and they took the car back, refunded all payments that I had made, and paid off my loan.

I chose this route, because it was a Hyundai. If you trust Honda, you could get a new RL.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #14
quickshift
ROC Rank: Junior
2008 LX
White/Grey

I'm a little concerned that it was TOWED!
How far? This may be another potential problem.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #15
SaratogaRTL
ROC Rank: Freshman
2011 RTL
Polished Metal Metallic

I wouldn't stress out too much over a new engine. Everything will be checked over twice as compared to coming from the factory. It's a bummer, but life is short. Enjoy the truck.

I would try for an extended warranty or some sort of compensation for your time and lowered value of the truck. Arguably the truck has lost value due to this issue. Maybe a high end, 2way remote starter for those cold NH winters!

If they are total A-holes go to arbitration.
SaratogaRTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 09:08 AM   #16
PhotoMaster
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2008 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

My question is how this would appear on a Carfax? I know it sounds stupid to ask, but every service call ends up on the Carfax. Every oil change, brake fix, etc. at the dealership. I don't know how it would effect the resale/trade-in value of the vehicle with an engine replacement. Maybe not at all being the replacement engine should be new as opposed to rebuilt, but it's worth finding out about. I don't know how much detail on a repair gets put into a report in a Carfax. There is no doubt they should replace the vehicle outright, but who knows. I'd call TV news. Dealerships hate this kind of "advertising", if you know what I mean.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
PhotoMaster is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 11:32 AM   #17
Ridgy2428
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2006 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

It will appear in Carfax that the motor was replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
2006 RTS Billet Silver Metallic- OEM Chrome Side Bars , OEM silver roof rack, 20% tints, Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 245/70R17, 2" Ready Lift, Pioneer Avic x910BT Navigation Bluetooth, JL Sub 10'' , Crunch Amps, JVC 6.5, Tweeters, Backup Camera, AVS Visors, Blue Pilot Fog Lights behind bumper, Metra Axxess Aswc, K&N Drop Filter, 8000k HID, Bakflip G2 Tonneau.
Ridgy2428 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Problems & Issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.