Best NAV/GPS system - Page 3 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 12-06-2012, 08:29 PM   #21
IanRTL
ROC Rank: 5k Comma Club
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Re: Best NAV/GPS system

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxiedog13 View Post
I was looking at the same unit from a company in China. The one big problem that I see with this unit is that it cannot support any satellite radio. If that is not an issue then certainly it should be a great alternative.
That's a good point, too. I'm still curious to see if it has any pre-amp outputs at all. There is no picture of the back of it to be able to tell. If it doesn't, you would only be able to use the door speakers with no sub - unless you got crafty with LOC's, external amps and/or a product like the JL Audio Cleansweep. It would be great to have someone try it, but $435 is a good chunk of change to put up to be a guinea pig. Especially when you can get a Pioneer AVH-P4400BH, which has many more features and is more powerful, for less than that on Amazon now.
Westin chrome tube steps, AVS vent visors, AVS bug shield, blue LED interior switches, LED interior/exterior lights, Weathertech floor mats, Extang Trifecta soft tonneau cover, Pioneer AVH-P4400BH bypassed head unit, Metra Axxess ASWC, Jensen Carbon 65C components, Jensen Power 400 2ch bridged amp, 10" Boss Onyx shallow sub in custom behind-seat enclosure, FatMat sound deadening, Koolertron backup camera
IanRTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 08:45 PM   #22
roxiedog13
ROC Rank: Freshman
2012 SPORT
White/Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli ATP View Post
I'm verry happy with my Kenwood DNX9990HD. The backup camera is excellent with multiple views with the push of a button. It also has the option for a second (front) camera, which I won't be doing. The GPS works great especially the traffic updates. Dual AV outputs is perfect for the rear DVD screens.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/f...ad.php?t=44250
I was looking at the 9990hd as well, just so expensive. For that price I can also get the new Alpine with the 8" screen if I want to do some fitting work too. The rear seat headrest options are great as well but then again, my rear
seat passengers are grown up . I'll likely do the speaker upgrade as you have done, the extra sound deading in the door is almost reason enough .
roxiedog13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 08:50 PM   #23
roxiedog13
2012 SPORT
White/Grey

Anyone tried this one? Looks like it would fit, has all the options of the expensive 2 din units with the exception of the rear usb though it does have this on the front side of the unit. I would rather run the usb to a specific location and not have the wires dangling.
At 9.2" this is the biggest screen out there. Easy enough and big enough to see effectively from the back seat too and avoid the necessity of another display in the rear.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_530VR93....html?tp=20220
Old 12-07-2012, 07:07 AM   #24
rollinhonda
ROC Rank: 9k Comma Club
2010 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

Quote:
Anyone tried this one? Looks like it would fit, has all the options of the expensive 2 din units with the exception of the rear usb though it does have this on the front side of the unit. I would rather run the usb to a specific location and not have the wires dangling.
At 9.2" this is the biggest screen out there. Easy enough and big enough to see effectively from the back seat too and avoid the necessity of another display in the rear.

Crutchfield is the best one to ask if it will fit.

Home of the Free, because of the Brave!
rollinhonda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 04:12 PM   #25
IanRTL
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Quote:

As long as the main body was installed towards the top of the HU opening and you are able to have it protrude outward enough for clearance, I don't see it being an issue to fit. It shouldn't block any other buttons, but it will certainly draw attention to your dash. Could be a magnet for would-be thieves. I'd still be interested to hear what Crutchfield would have to say about its fitment.
Westin chrome tube steps, AVS vent visors, AVS bug shield, blue LED interior switches, LED interior/exterior lights, Weathertech floor mats, Extang Trifecta soft tonneau cover, Pioneer AVH-P4400BH bypassed head unit, Metra Axxess ASWC, Jensen Carbon 65C components, Jensen Power 400 2ch bridged amp, 10" Boss Onyx shallow sub in custom behind-seat enclosure, FatMat sound deadening, Koolertron backup camera
Old 12-10-2012, 06:58 AM   #26
roxiedog13
2012 SPORT
White/Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanRTL View Post
As long as the main body was installed towards the top of the HU opening and you are able to have it protrude outward enough for clearance, I don't see it being an issue to fit. It shouldn't block any other buttons, but it will certainly draw attention to your dash. Could be a magnet for would-be thieves. I'd still be interested to hear what Crutchfield would have to say about its fitment.
Crutchfield says it will work, albeit with a little tweaking . I personally measured the clearances and the faceplate will clear although I am a little nervous there will be considerable gaps . I also do not like the position of the USB on the side only. I would like a rear USB so I can remote mount a hub but other than that it appears to be doable.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:03 AM   #27
IanRTL
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Quote:
Crutchfield says it will work, albeit with a little tweaking . I personally measured the clearances and the faceplate will clear although I am a little nervous there will be considerable gaps . I also do not like the position of the USB on the side only. I would like a rear USB so I can remote mount a hub but other than that it appears to be doable.
It would certainly be interesting to see if it would work and how it would actually fit. Crutchfield has a return policy, but I don't know how actually installing the thing would affect the policy if it doesn't fit properly. Then again, with Crutchfield's customer service, I would doubt they'd give you much trouble as long as you purchased something else instead.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:25 AM   #28
roxiedog13
2012 SPORT
White/Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanRTL View Post
It would certainly be interesting to see if it would work and how it would actually fit. Crutchfield has a return policy, but I don't know how actually installing the thing would affect the policy if it doesn't fit properly. Then again, with Crutchfield's customer service, I would doubt they'd give you much trouble as long as you purchased something else instead.
Hopefully Crutchfield Canada is equally as cooperative?? I'm probably going to
try it, I like the idea of a BIG screen. Not sure about the sound quality of this unit vs the stock , probably better and I don't require a whole lot more in the sound department. Adding better tweeters and front speakers with Dynamat and a improved sub with amp I expect a little better sound...........I hope. I need Bluetooth and backup camera, the Nav part I'm not convinced that I need to be honest. My iPhone is good enough for the little Navigation I require and I believe the display would run the app from my iPhone anyway as needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.