2012 Service manual or wait for 2013 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Mods, Installs and How-To's

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 12-07-2012, 07:57 AM   #1
RTX
ROC Rank: Freshman
2013 SPORT
Alabaster Silver Metallic

2012 Service manual or wait for 2013

I just bought a 2013 Sport. I want to buy a service manual.

Is there any reason to wait to buy the 2013 service manual when it comes out, or would the 2009-2012 be the same?

I understand that the only known change in the 2013 is the back-up camera. I can buy the 2012 for$112 + shipping.

Thanks.

Todd
RTX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2013, 07:17 AM   #2
TerryK67
2013 RTL
Polished Metal Metallic

Re: 2012 Service manual or wait for 2013

Im wondering the same thing. I just bought a 2013 RTL and would like to get the service manual. I called Helm, the company that produces the manual, and they have no idea when they will put out the new one. My guess is that they will just expand the 2012 with minor changes for the 2013. I think the trucks are identical.....

I just looked up the 2014 and its looks like no significant changes to that either. Since the rumor is that 2014 is the last year for the current body style Ill bet they might just produce one that covers the 2013-2014 model year to save some money.....
TerryK67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #3
rollinhonda
ROC Rank: 9k Comma Club
2010 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

That's not cheap. I would wait or even get an older one. The differences for major components are likely to be very small if any at all.

Honda North, Clovis CA Sales 4 Service 3.5
Private Mechs:
Kurata Automotive, Fresno
Charlies Automotive, Clovis

Home of the Free, because of the Brave!
rollinhonda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #4
TerryK67
2013 RTL
Polished Metal Metallic

I agree with the money thing...but they pay for themselves with the first brake job you do on your own...and if you are ever pulling panels or need a torque value on anything they are good to have...
Old 10-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #5
rollinhonda
ROC Rank: 9k Comma Club
2010 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryK67 View Post
I agree with the money thing...but they pay for themselves with the first brake job you do on your own...and if you are ever pulling panels or need a torque value on anything they are good to have...
Exactly, but unless you know specific hardware has changed, I would not sweat it. I've been using a used 2005 SM for our 2003 CRV and so far zero impact.
And you did buy a Honda, how often do really think you will need it where few changes between years will matter?

I was fortunate to score a 2009-2010 Ridgline SM on ebay in 2011, both volumes for $70.

But now that Helms is getting out of the printing business and more into digital that may be your only course. Although, when working on my cars I find a hard manual more convenient than a tablet or laptop.

Another alternative is a subscription to Alldata which is way less than $100. But it is your money, good luck whatever course you take!

Honda North, Clovis CA Sales 4 Service 3.5
Private Mechs:
Kurata Automotive, Fresno
Charlies Automotive, Clovis

Home of the Free, because of the Brave!
rollinhonda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #6
TerryK67
2013 RTL
Polished Metal Metallic

Ill probably end op getting a 2012 if I can find one for a reasonable price. I traded in my Element and just sold my service manual for that....

Im going to try and figure out how to put a switch on the rear view camera so I can use it other than only when in reverse. I find myself putting the truck in reverse (to turn on the camera) to see if I have pulled far enough forward in tight parking spots. It would be nicer if I could just press a button to turn the camera on for just a moment to see if Im clear...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Mods, Installs and How-To's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.