Vote em out! - Page 1167 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > ROC Member Central > The Ridge - Off-Topic Discussions

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 10:07 AM   #11661
25 Year Honda Owner
ROC Rank: Comma Club HOF 10,000+
2013 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

Re: Vote em out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25 Year Honda Owner View Post
Also, I just heard this morning he is sending millions (borrowed money) to the mid East to help rebuild mosques. Heard anything about that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by manida View Post
Yes, it's true. Mosques are cultural sites and many are being rebuilt.

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/03/fun...ques-overseas/
Quote:
Where exactly is it in my posting that I said anything remotely near that?
It appeared to me that you were defending HIS actions. Sorry if I mistook your meaning!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 10:13 AM   #11662
manida
ROC Rank: Junior
2007 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

I think you mean the actions of the two previous presidents as well. Started with Clinton, has continued with Bush and Obama.

Nice try though. I get it. You wanna blame Obama for every.single.thing you dont like about our foreign policy. But you cant.
manida is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 10:23 AM   #11663
25 Year Honda Owner
2013 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

Quote:
Nice try though. I get it. You wanna blame Obama for every.single.thing you dont like about our foreign policy. But you cant.
Only on his watch, have a nice day and a Merry Christmas!!
Old 12-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #11664
mevers
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2008 RTL
White / Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25 Year Honda Owner View Post
No doubt about it, I would be surprised if the GOP would even present a candidate. The 47% will be well into the 50+ percentile range
Wasn't it ironic that 47 was the percentage of the vote Romney got in the last election?

"A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." George S. Patton
mevers is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 10:35 AM   #11665
cdepuydt
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

So, I guess it isn't really "about the children" now is it...?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1..._ref=education

RTL w/Nav and Sunroof, Running boards, Bug deflector, Leer Cap, OEM Hitch, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Weathertech Floor Mats, OEM Foglights w/Painted Bezels, OEM Side Door Protectors, '10 Pilot Touring Wheels, Kumho Road Venture KL61 Tires (New in Oct. 2012 and New Again in May of 2014), new Monroe OE Spectrum Struts (New in May 2013), RTX/Accessory Grill, and Figs Hood Prop Kit.
cdepuydt is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #11666
25 Year Honda Owner
2013 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdepuydt View Post

Organized labor, just another portion of HIS captive voters. It is all about "scratch my back and I scratch yours", no longer what is right, or what is good for the country, or what the Constitution requires, etc.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #11667
manida
ROC Rank: Junior
2007 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

Quote:

according to the teachers or the Michigan Legislature??
manida is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #11668
MoosePond
ROC Rank: 7k Comma Club
2007 *Former Ridgeline Owner
White / Beige

Quote:
IMHO teacher's unions have absolutely nothing to do with improving the quality of education but, perhaps, much to do with reducing it since most of these contracts reward longevity far more than they do competence or performance.

btw, a "right to work" law in no way diminishes the right of workers who so choose to belong to and support a union to continue to do so - it simply eliminates the requirement (just to have a job) for those who do not wish to belong to or support a union.

Life is too short to drive boring vehicles!
MoosePond is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 12:44 PM   #11669
cdepuydt
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

Quote:
“When school children start paying union dues, that 's when I'll start representing the interests of school children.”

That notorious quote was from Albert Shanker, President of the Teachers Union (United Federation of Teachers) from 1964 to 1984 as well as President of the Teachers Union (American Federation of Teachers) from 1974 to 1997.

Does that answer your question?

RTL w/Nav and Sunroof, Running boards, Bug deflector, Leer Cap, OEM Hitch, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Weathertech Floor Mats, OEM Foglights w/Painted Bezels, OEM Side Door Protectors, '10 Pilot Touring Wheels, Kumho Road Venture KL61 Tires (New in Oct. 2012 and New Again in May of 2014), new Monroe OE Spectrum Struts (New in May 2013), RTX/Accessory Grill, and Figs Hood Prop Kit.
cdepuydt is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #11670
B43
Banned
2006 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

Quote:
“When school children start paying union dues, that 's when I'll start representing the interests of school children.”

That notorious quote was from Albert Shanker, President of the Teachers Union (United Federation of Teachers) from 1964 to 1984 as well as President of the Teachers Union (American Federation of Teachers) from 1974 to 1997.

Does that answer your question?
You've used this quote several times now to make your anti-union point, so you must put a lot of stock in it. You may as well tell us where Jimmy Hoffa's buried, while you're at it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Shanker

Disputed quote

The quote,

"When schoolchildren start paying union dues, that’s when I’ll start representing the interests of school children."[16]

is often attributed to Shanker.

The Albert Shanker Institute attempted to find the source of this quote, and concluded that "we cannot demonstrate conclusively that Albert Shanker never made this particular statement... but, we believe the quote is fiction." The first appearance, which those at the Institute could find, was in the Meridian (Mississippi) Star newspaper, August 13, 1985, but no source is included in the article.
B43 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > ROC Member Central > The Ridge - Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.