Windows not going up together (2012!) - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Problems & Issues

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 12-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #1
Fubard
ROC Rank: Freshman
2012 RTX
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Windows not going up together (2012!)

2012 RTL Navi w 6K Mi

It only bothers me because the thing isn't even a year old yet. which makes me think its only the first symptom of something much larger and more sinister going on. Hopefully someone else has had this problem and can fill me in with what might be causing it.

When I try to put up two or more windows at the same time, one of em doesn't. If I do them one at a time, they work every time. If I momentarily pause the passenger switch after triggering the auto on the driver's it will go up while the driver's is going up. It makes me think its low control voltage going to the switch panel but who the hell knows in this digital age.

The worst thing is that its entirely inconsistent. It doesn't happen every time but at least once or twice a day during normal use. It's not getting any worse or better but its not going away. It started the first time it got real cold out.

I'm not afraid to take it back to the Dlr but I really want some idea what's going on to make suggestions to them as far as what to look for. Being an ex oil jerk, I know how techs react to intermittent issues "couldn't reproduce", call em back, break time.

Anyone had something like this happen?
Fubard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 08:30 AM   #2
PhotoMaster
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2008 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

I haven't had this happen but it sounds like the battery may not like the cold. I'd get it checked.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
PhotoMaster is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #3
Fubard
2012 RTX
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Re: Windows not going up together (2012!)

I feel like the battery can be eliminated due to the fact that it happens while the engine is running and that the power supply in general is fine since if I start them a split second after eachother they work fine. Its like the dip in voltage supplied to the switch box wile one is being triggered is too low. Or maybe the BCM (assuming thats what is in charge of the windows) is hypo sencitive.

Cumon guys, I cant be the first guy in history to have this issue!
Old 12-10-2012, 01:41 PM   #4
FTM1
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club
2007 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

Location: Washington, DC & Southern Maryland Pax River Naval Air Station

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubard View Post
I feel like the battery can be eliminated due to the fact that it happens while the engine is running and that the power supply in general is fine since if I start them a split second after eachother they work fine. Its like the dip in voltage supplied to the switch box wile one is being triggered is too low. Or maybe the BCM (assuming thats what is in charge of the windows) is hypo sencitive.

Cumon guys, I cant be the first guy in history to have this issue!
Could be it might be rare issue just like when I purchased my 1994 Accord it was one of the first bunch to hit the dealerships in a redesigned year. The drivers side power window regulator was bad in this bunch. Honda had issued a bulletin to it's dealerships & service departments that week. They said to roll the window up & down at least 10 times. Do to rain most of the first week I had mine the window was up & I use A/C most of the time as it was still summer when I got that car. I rolled the window down that night to alert some woman her lights were not on at midnight & may window would not go up. I did not drive my car the next day & it was in my garage. I was the first person at the dealership that Monday mourning & they had just got the bulletin when they came in that mourning.
Take it back to dealership service so they can check/fix the issue & document the problem. I had the issue with my 2000 TL brake warning light took 4 times for the dealer to get fix. The car was out of warranty by years when the final fix was done. Because it was documented it was covered just a simple brake fluid cap. The problem would happen every year & a half & the last time most have got correctly fixed car will be 13yrs old at the end of Dec.
BED EXTENDER +BODY COLORED SIDE PROTECTERS 35% Tint 2 sides OEM Hood Air Deflector/ Covercraft model UV10938 HEATSHIELD/OEM Window Visors+Moonroof Visor+ Under-Seat Storage Tray/LRV ProTecta Heavy Weight Bed Mat #LV6968 /Wet Okole Hawaii Seat Covers

2000 ACURA 3.2TL Navi NighthawkBlack Ebony
FTM1/ FRED
FTM1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #5
Fubard
2012 RTX
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Yeh, that sounds like a good idea. Trending is necessary for a recall. Or a memo at least, lol!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #6
RidgelineSport
2012 SPORT
Crystal Black Pearl

I can't duplicate the problem on my 2012, but agree with the above comment that you need to get it back to the dealer for both repair and more importantly document the issue. Honda stood by a power door lock problem on a relative's 2005 Civic 2 years into ownership that had the problem occur again after the B2B warranty expired and Honda fixed it again at no cost. The 2nd repair did the trick through the following 3 years and into the dealer for trade when the car was 5 years old and running like a top.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #7
PhotoMaster
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2008 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

I'd be very interested to hear what you find out.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
PhotoMaster is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Problems & Issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.