How many miles can you go on a single tank? - Page 20 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Fuel Economy and Gas Related Discussion

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 12-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #191
bamf3000
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2010 RTL
Crystal Black Pearl

Re: How many miles can you go on a single tank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerhex View Post
I'm getting around 360 per tank (22 gal). All in town driving, rare on highway. I do not drive like a maniac. I use 87 octane fuel (Shell, exclusively). When I do all highway it's 420 miles. When towing my dad's 15' boat it's 300 even with mostly highway. So around 16/17 in town and 20 on the highway (no tow), 15ish when towing. I just went over 10K on the odometer. 2011 RTL w/Navi. Crystal black.
Man that is insane,

I don't get anywhere near that mileage. I do 95% city driving, and it is maybe 3-4 miles each way, with a lot of stop lights, but I baby this thing.

I take forever to get up to the speed limit because of how much I baby it. Then if I am near 40, I'll get up to 48 to get it into 5th and then slow down from there to get that extra gas mileage.

The last fillup I did I got around 14.5 MPG and went about 270 miles (18.5 gallons).

I did just get brand new tires, that are larger, so that isn't helping, but with how much I baby this thing, I assumed I would get 16-17 easy.

On top of that, the RL was showing I got 16.5, so it was about 2MPG off. Anyone know how to fix that?
bamf3000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 04:48 PM   #192
Ourfarm09
ROC Rank: 4k Comma Club
2011 RTS
Bali Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamf3000 View Post
Man that is insane,

I don't get anywhere near that mileage. I do 95% city driving, and it is maybe 3-4 miles each way, with a lot of stop lights, but I baby this thing.

I take forever to get up to the speed limit because of how much I baby it. Then if I am near 40, I'll get up to 48 to get it into 5th and then slow down from there to get that extra gas mileage.

The last fillup I did I got around 14.5 MPG and went about 270 miles (18.5 gallons).

I did just get brand new tires, that are larger, so that isn't helping, but with how much I baby this thing, I assumed I would get 16-17 easy.

On top of that, the RL was showing I got 16.5, so it was about 2MPG off. Anyone know how to fix that?
Your first paragraph states all the reasons why your mileage is so low.

AVS ventvisors, ROC decal,
Ourfarm09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 09:22 PM   #193
Gouranga
ROC Rank: Junior
2007 RT
Formal Black

seriously how the hell are you guys getting 400miles... (u sure its not 400kms) ?

I get 270 miles on a full tank... from when the low gas light comes on to as full as it gets I get 270MAX.... and I hardly even hit traffic.. usually straight raods with very little red lights and hardly ever any stop signs.. 60% highway... 20% normal suburban streets with almost no stop signs... 10% traffic and 10% random red light green light red light green light

is there something wrong with my truck ? fuel filter maybe ?
I changed the air filter, good tires, not sure what else

but it is winter... so maybe its because of lots of wet road/snow
with the heat always on ? (does having heat on full blast all the time reflects on milege ?
Gouranga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 03:43 AM   #194
speedlever
2008 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

Winter fuel formulation and use of the A/C compressor will cut into your mpgs. Yes, the compressor runs with the heat to dehumidify the air, unless you cut it off by pressing the AC switch.

But unless you are driving aggressively, your mpgs sound very low to me based on your description of your driving environment. What is your typical stage length?

When you say as full as it gets, what do you mean? Are you filling to the brim?

Back when I was filling practically to the brim, I could routinely get high 300's and low 400's per tank between refills. Now that I'm not doing that anymore, I'm down in the low 300's per tank in the same driving environment.

2006 Pilot EXL-RES in BSM
speedlever is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 05:13 PM   #195
Gouranga
2007 RT
Formal Black

I meant I fill up to when the gas pump clicks off I dont pump more gas to try to fill it up to the very top top.. just when it licks off (from empty gas light )

I think total of 72 Litters gets me 270miles

and like I said I try to even let the truck roll
say I see a red light 1mile away id let go off the gas and let the car roll before I need to upply the brake instead of keeping my foot on the gas all the way until I came up to the redlight and then hit the brake

but still 270 is all I get

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedlever View Post
Winter fuel formulation and use of the A/C compressor will cut into your mpgs. Yes, the compressor runs with the heat to dehumidify the air, unless you cut it off by pressing the AC switch.

But unless you are driving aggressively, your mpgs sound very low to me based on your description of your driving environment. What is your typical stage length?

Back when I was filling practically to the brim, I could routinely get high 300's and low 400's per tank between refills. Now that I'm not doing that anymore, I'm down in the low 300's per tank in the same driving environment.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:42 PM   #196
speedlever
2008 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

And how far do you typically drive between crank up and shutdown?

Old 12-21-2012, 08:48 AM   #197
FLA-Vyk
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2011 RTL
Mocha Metallic

I drive arround 150 to 200 miles before refueling. But the fuel tanks reads that I can go 335 miles. I just don't like to let my tank get that low.
2011-Ridgeline RTL-Mocha, RETRAX Tonneau Cover, side boards, moon roof wind screen, window drip shields, roof rack, front-rear chrome trim kit, mud flaps, chrome mirror-door handles, and flip extender
1997-Jaguar XK8 Coupe, Red
1992-Jaguar XJS-V12, Diamond Blue
1972-Dodge Ram V8 pickup
1971-Triump TR-6, Dark Green
SOLD 2008-Honda-S2K-CR (#367 of 699), Apex Blue
SOLD 2009-Jaguar-XF, Azure Blue
FLA-Vyk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 07:54 PM   #198
Gouranga
2007 RT
Formal Black

question:

I did have the heat on full blast everytime I drive anywhere for the past month its -20 here

I did not realize you have to manually turn the AC off even when the heat is on

basically what I had before I just had the heat up but it said nothing about AC in the little round LCD on the climate console

but when I press AC button then it says AC on on the lcd and if I click it again it says AC off and it stays this way

but if I switch from lets say... windshield/lower vents on to just windshield the LCD will show that again its blank, No AC off or on just blank showing the windshield or the legs picture but agai if I click AC... it will display AC ON.. then i click it again and it will say AC OFF.. and stay that way on the LCD instead of just nothing

anyone else?

so far I just leave it on windshield/lower vents on and clicked AC twice to display AC off and left it like that so it always says AC OFF
ill report to see how many miles I get

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedlever View Post

Old 12-26-2012, 08:52 PM   #199
speedlever
2008 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

For the HVAC, I just punch the auto button and leave it alone unless I don't want the compressor running. In that case, a quick press of the AC button turns off the compressor. Touching either the AC button or the auto button turns the compressor back on.

Simple and easy.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:09 PM   #200
KTMRICK
2006 RT
Billet Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouranga View Post
seriously how the hell are you guys getting 400miles... (u sure its not 400kms) ?

I get 270 miles on a full tank... from when the low gas light comes on to as full as it gets I get 270MAX.... and I hardly even hit traffic.. usually straight raods with very little red lights and hardly ever any stop signs.. 60% highway... 20% normal suburban streets with almost no stop signs... 10% traffic and 10% random red light green light red light green light

is there something wrong with my truck ? fuel filter maybe ?
I changed the air filter, good tires, not sure what else

but it is winter... so maybe its because of lots of wet road/snow
with the heat always on ? (does having heat on full blast all the time reflects on milege ?
Thats about the same as mine. I do not get how the others are going 400 miles? But then again I do not light foot the pedal.
KTMRICK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Fuel Economy and Gas Related Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.