day/night mirror installation - Page 3 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Accessories

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 10-05-2012, 02:31 PM   #21
MannyJ
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2012 RTL
Crystal Black Pearl

Re: day/night mirror installation

Hi,

I actually did this on my 2012 RTL. It came from the factory with just a stock plain Jane mirror but all the wiring was already there tucked up in the headliner over the drivers side visor. I just had to cut the electrical tape they used to secure the plug up out of the way. They double it back and taped it to the electrical harness for the overhead map lights. The most nerve racking part honestly for me was removing the old mirror. I kept on having these visions of spinning it the wrong way and either pulling the mounting tab off the windshield or even worse cracking the windshield itself. Thankfully neither of those happened. I watched the video below about 15 to 20 times to get comfortable with what I would be looking for and it seemed to help. I didn't need channel locks to remove the old ones just my hands.

If you have the actual OEM mirror it should be pretty much plug and play. Mine was the model 08V03-SDA-100B. It came with the stronger clip and wire concealing cover.

If you have any more questions just ask and good luck!

Manny
MannyJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 04:54 PM   #22
speedlever
2008 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

Manny... you are the Man!

Good job finding that video. That should help the OP with his question.

And yes, I did not realize the OP had a RTL-nav.

2006 Pilot EXL-RES in BSM
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #23
MannyJ
2012 RTL
Crystal Black Pearl

Smile Re: day/night mirror installation

Thanks Speed. Just trying to pay the community back for all the help and information I've received in the past from you guys!

Manny
MannyJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2012, 07:00 AM   #24
Rickman
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club
2007 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Lightbulb Re: day/night mirror installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by zroger73 View Post
the RTL came with a compass in the mirror, but the RTL with navigation "downgraded" back to the standard mirror for the reason you specified.
I didn`t know that. How odd is that! Now I understand why some people would want it, possibly including me.

My other ride is my Bicycle!
Rickman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2012, 07:47 AM   #25
atoyota4x4
2006 RTL
White / Olive

Got the mirror off last night. Just took a little muscle. Trust me, I thought something was going to break but it turned first. Anyway, autodim mirror should be here this afternoon and I will post again with the outcome.

Thanks to all who have responded.

Oh, and speedlever, I found your original post under the "Interior" section when you did this mod. It actually helped a lot reading that. gave me more confidence to just DO IT.

Thanks
atoyota4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #26
atoyota4x4
2006 RTL
White / Olive

Mirror installed and wired in. All looks good. Thanks for all the responses
Old 10-09-2012, 05:40 AM   #27
speedlever
2008 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

Stumbled across these pics today that will help show how to remove the rearview mirror:

2006 Pilot EXL-RES in BSM
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2012, 09:07 AM   #28
cdepuydt
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoyota4x4 View Post
Mirror installed and wired in. All looks good. Thanks for all the responses
Looks like you got all the information you needed...did the info in my e-mail help at all?

RTL w/Nav and Sunroof, Running boards, Bug deflector, Leer Cap, OEM Hitch, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Weathertech Floor Mats, OEM Foglights w/Painted Bezels, OEM Side Door Protectors, '10 Pilot Touring Wheels, Kumho Road Venture KL61 Tires (New in Oct. 2012 and New Again in May of 2014), new Monroe OE Spectrum Struts (New in May 2013), RTX/Accessory Grill, and Figs Hood Prop Kit.
cdepuydt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2012, 01:46 PM   #29
atoyota4x4
2006 RTL
White / Olive

Thanks to all who contibuted to this. New mirror is installed and working great. Just takes some muscle to get the original one to turn. Once it starts turning though, its a piece of cake.

Hopefully others will come across this post if they are trying to do this. Lots of good info here.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:20 PM   #30
ridgeline30152
2006 RTL
Redrock Pearl / Beige

Just changed my 2006 RTL with NAV 'standard' mirror with the 'upgraded' OEM autodim compass mirror.

Easy mod if you can find one cheap like I did ($50 shipped from another truck forum member that put one on his leased truck and then removed it when he turned the truck in from lease).

You will need not only the mirror unit P/N 08V0-SDA-100B but the mirror attachment kit P/N 08V03-SJC-101.

Here are the PDF instructions to install:

http://www.handa-accessories.com/rid...automirror.pdf

Factory Equipment - Nav, AUX, Two-Tone Leather, Foglights, Tonneau Cover, Running Boards, Roof Rack, Mud Guards, Sunroof, Hitch, iVES, autodim compass mirror

Mods - K & N Intake,15% Tint, LED Interior & Rear Plate, Stainless Cubby Cover, Pop N Lock, LED Strips, Weather Tech Air Deflectors, Chrome Mirror Skins, Chrome bull bar, OEM Accessory Chrome Wheels, Hella driving lights. FIGS hood struts, Rampage LED Tailgate bar

Wishlist - To sell this gas guzzler
ridgeline30152 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Accessories

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.