Vote em out! - Page 1215 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > ROC Member Central > The Ridge - Off-Topic Discussions

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 03:13 PM   #12141
MoosePond
ROC Rank: 7k Comma Club
2007 *Former Ridgeline Owner
White / Beige

Re: Vote em out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNY PAT View Post
And we will end up with Hillary Clinton unless the GOP does a better job of welcoming moderates back in the fold.
Speaking of Ms. Thunderthighs, is she really ill or just in need of a convenient reason to resign now, distance herself from O and/or gain some sympathy?

Life is too short to drive boring vehicles!
MoosePond is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #12142
Lingered_I
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Yeah, faking a blood clot on the brain and getting the hospital, nurses and doctors in on the conspiracy is the first thing I'd think of too in her position.

Look up Occam's razor.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #12143
WNY PAT
ROC Rank: Senior
2013 RTL
Crystal Black Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoosePond View Post
Speaking of Ms. Thunderthighs, is she really ill or just in need of a convenient reason to resign now, distance herself from O and/or gain some sympathy?
I can't remember who went out front and claimed Clinton had Bengazi fever and made other assertions that she had faked symptoms... but someone did. Last I heard, she is in the hospital, on anti-clotting drugs and (by reports) has an imaging study that shows a blood clot inside her skull.
2012 RL RTS (Sold)
WNY PAT is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #12144
Lingered_I
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Unfortunately you won't deter the conspiracy theorists. Best not feed the trolls although I was the first to respond. Sorry.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #12145
WNY PAT
2013 RTL
Crystal Black Pearl

Well I sure don't want her to be President but I don't wish her any ill will either. She's done a good job as Secretary of State by any measure. Whether the Bengazi debacle tarnishes her image, history will determine that. But the "hate" and personal attacks that permeate reactions to certain figures is rather scary. People do their best, forward an agenda they believe is best for the country and succeed or fail as history judges. It may be all for naught, but we are having a crisis of decency in this country IMO.
2012 RL RTS (Sold)
WNY PAT is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #12146
MikeT
Mall Ninja Moderator
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lingered_I View Post
Yeah, faking a blood clot on the brain and getting the hospital, nurses and doctors in on the conspiracy is the first thing I'd think of too in her position.

Look up Occam's razor.
Who claimed she's faking it? Never saw or heard that, but I have been busy with family and work. Good thing she is excluded from ocare! Make what you want of it. As far as the Gandhi quote, he was referring to the unlawful British rule and treatment of Indians in their own country. Another unfortunate and politically incorrect example wold be pre-WWII Germany (Think 1936, our existing NFA law banning ownership of true machine guns and other weapons is pretty much based on the it). History is a bitch and has the habit of repeating itself.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #12147
MoosePond
ROC Rank: 7k Comma Club
2007 *Former Ridgeline Owner
White / Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lingered_I View Post

Look up Occam's razor.
Didn't say it was either a conspiracy or that she was faking - only that this could be a very timely "out" for her in light of the Benghazi debacle or further identification with an administration that has a very good chance to be much less popular by the time the 2016 campaign begins in earnest. Don't like her or agree with most of her politics but she's clearly a smart and politically-savvy woman who could very well be the 2016 Dem candidate. btw, as much as I would not like to see her elected, she would most likely be a far, far better leader than the current occupant of our executive mansion.

Life is too short to drive boring vehicles!
MoosePond is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #12148
Rockwood
2006 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Billet Silver / Gray

Having lived in UK for 20 years and here for many more, there is no way the UK system is superior where it counts, on patient care.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Rockwood is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 09:13 AM   #12149
speedlever
2008 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

An excerpt from today's article in The New Media Journal :

Outside the Territory of Reason
Daniel Greenfield
As the edge of the fiscal cliff approaches and then recedes, like an imagined desert isle appearing and disappearing admit the waves, the process that has brought America into the tyranny of debt goes on. The national debt, like our annual deficits, is a symptom of the true problem.

Irresponsible behavior is a symptom of irresponsible thinking. Bad choices come from the failure to understand consequences. Power is not just an aphrodisiac, it numbs one to the understanding that there even are consequences.

The centers of people in a nation are the last to feel the cold and their decisions are insulated from their consequences by power and comfort. Even as they warn about the danger, they are too far away from it to truly feel it. It is a shadow to them. An idea. Not a reality.

To the powerful, power is the only reality. And the limits of their own power are unknown to them. The possession of power is a constraint that prevents the possessor from seeing its limits.

We live in a world that has lost touch with the very idea of hard choices. That even in the richest and most prosperous country in the world, you still have to choose one or the other. That you can't have you cake and eat it too. But as the hard edges of reason have blurred into the haze of wishful thinking, the idea of mutually incompatible choices also fades away. Soon there are no choices, only options.

Our government has vanished into that haze. A haze in which our leaders actually believe that we can be tough and kind, strong and beloved and spending as much as we want without worrying about where it's coming from. The haze extends to our policies which assume that we can win wars without offending anyone, and spend as much money as we want without recouping it in some way. In a system built on a two party stalemates usually broken by compromises, it's all too easy to believe that you can give and take, without ever having to choose. One or the other.

2006 Pilot EXL-RES in BSM
speedlever is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #12150
sta
ROC Rank: Freshman
2008 RT
White / Olive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
I believe if you pay close attention to the good book, man has the right to self defense. Even if it means taking the life of the attacker.

Hey, I respect your right not to own weapons and to avoid defending yourself. Please respect my right to own a handgun or rifle, and my right to self defense.
The Hebrew Bible contains numerous prohibitions against unlawful killing, but also allows for justified killing in the context of warfare, capital punishment, and self-defense.

Our preacher did a sermon about this several weeks back. The original commandment, before translation was thou shall not murder. It is our responsibility to protect and defend our families, the weak and ourselves.
sta is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > ROC Member Central > The Ridge - Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.