2007 RTL Needs Engine Lower Block Replacement - Page 2 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Under The Hood / Performance

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 12-24-2012, 09:42 AM   #11
TeamRidgeline
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2007 RTL
Steel Blue Metallic

Re: 2007 RTL Needs Engine Lower Block Replacement

I have 196k+ miles on my 07 Ridge a lot of it towing 4500# (all I really use it for now) and it is still going strong. Only failure is the replacement of both primary cat converters and the battery. Everything else has been maintenance only; fluids, brakes, tires, spark plugs, air filter, timing belt/water pump service. I do change all of the drivetrain fluids every 15k due to the towing duty, but oil service by the dash minder. Most reliable vehicle I have ever owned.

I can only imagine the prior owner of yours just abused it some way.
2007 RTL Steel Blue Metallic/Gray, Leer Topper with e-lock rear hatch, Dynolock e-lock for rear gate, Centric semi-metallic brake pads, Belltech/KW V3 double-adjustable coilover suspension kit modified with 10k front and 14k rear springs, SPC adjustable front camber bolts, SPC adjustable rear camber upper control arms, 245/65-17 Bridgestone Blizzak DZ-M3 winter tires or 245/65-17 General Grabber HTS summer tires

Last edited by TeamRidgeline; 12-24-2012 at 09:47 AM.
TeamRidgeline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2012, 09:51 AM   #12
Timberdog
2007 RT
Other

I have all my service records on MyHonda owners website. It's free and is a great tool. I'd get rid of that truck if you can without taking a bath on it. I'd be leery also after a repair like that. For 7200 you be getting a brand new engine.
Timberdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 09:00 AM   #13
2007RTLGUY
ROC Rank: Freshman
2007 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberdog View Post
I have all my service records on MyHonda owners website. It's free and is a great tool. I'd get rid of that truck if you can without taking a bath on it. I'd be leery also after a repair like that. For 7200 you be getting a brand new engine.
Yes I'm very leery now. I think this thread is going to evolve into a soap opera. So the next iteration is the dealer Mimi of Montgomery county called me Thursday December 27 to say the vehicle was ready. They also said they had transported the car to Honda to have the "short block" replaced. So Honda actually performed the work. Ok, so after settling up with the service manager, them washing the vehicle, pulling it around and handing me the keys. I get into the car drive 1/2 a mile look down at the odometer, the "check engine" light is on, and the "D" gear light is flashing. So in the spirit of the holidays, I have Christmas lights on my dash board. I call the service manager, and asked is there a reason why the service engine light is on? She says please bring the car back so they can scan the check engine code. Technician says it's something to do with a transmission sensor, and they needed to keep the vehicle. Mind you I have taken a 30 min train ride from DC to Rockville, Maryland, and a taxi to get to the dealer and the @#$@# truck gets 1/2 mile from the service bay and it's a light show on the dashboard. Wow! I bought this car on November 23, and of those 5 weeks it's been out of service for almost 4, does anyone know anything about the Maryland state Lemon laws that could probably rescue me from this imminent disaster? My biggest fear was that this car was going to turn into my part time job of repairs, and time investments.
2007RTLGUY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 09:44 AM   #14
csimo
Administrator
2014 SE
White/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007RTLGUY View Post
They also said they had transported the car to Honda to have the "short block" replaced. So Honda actually performed the work.
Somebody is not being honest with you. Honda doesn't have the facilities and does not do vehicle warranty work.

Perhaps they sent the vehicle to another dealer better prepared to replace a short block, but that doesn't sound right either. To be a Honda authorized warranty repair center the dealer mush have the facility, tools, and trained mechanics to do all repairs.

Get a DETAILED receipt of all work done.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:00 AM   #15
Bethard728
ROC Rank: Junior
2008 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by csimo View Post
Somebody is not being honest with you. Honda doesn't have the facilities and does not do vehicle warranty work.

Perhaps they sent the vehicle to another dealer better prepared to replace a short block, but that doesn't sound right either. To be a Honda authorized warranty repair center the dealer mush have the facility, tools, and trained mechanics to do all repairs.

Get a DETAILED receipt of all work done.
I don't see why Mimi BMW couldn't pay the Honda dealer to perform the repair. It sounds like a logical senerio to me.

Hopefully it's just a sensor damaged while changing the motor.
Bethard728 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 10:17 AM   #16
csimo
Administrator
2014 SE
White/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethard728 View Post
I don't see why Mimi BMW couldn't pay the Honda dealer to perform the repair. It sounds like a logical senerio to me.

Hopefully it's just a sensor damaged while changing the motor.
I guess I didn't read the thread well enough to know this wasn't a Honda dealer. Yes, the BMW dealer probably sent it to a Honda dealer.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:57 PM   #17
2007RTLGUY
ROC Rank: Freshman
2007 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

Captains log (December 31, 2012). So feeling a bit neglected, not sure if this is from a lack of attention from my wife, or my Ridgeline being gone for the past 4 weeks. At any rate I left a voice mail for the service manager, and an email. So a couple hours later I get the following, "We are sending the vehicle out to Honda to diagnose and repair. I don't want to take any chances. Unfortunately I will not know a time frame yet. I will let you know when I know a little more. Sorry for the delay" I received that email at 12:30PM today.

Also, I have started the process of contacting an attorney. With all the vague, and possibly misleading information from the Mini dealer I think I need some leverage on my side as well. I spoke with an attorney this morning about the Maryland Lemon law where it applies to used cars. He dropped a phrase that could be use to remedy this situation, "Revocation of Acceptance", which basically means I'm writing you to notify you that I will be returning the vehicle, and revoking the acceptance of the purchase contract. This particular attorney doesn't do that type of litigation anymore so he sent me to a couple different names. I've gone through a messy divorce 10 years ago, writing an attorney a check is as painful to me as cutting an appendage and probably about as productive.

At this point, I feel as though I need to turn up the heat on the Mini dealer to get this right or else. Like I said I don't want dealing with repairs to be my part time job. My Nissan Frontier with 107K, that never have my 1 problem, and was never in the shop for repairs sure does sound good about now.
2007RTLGUY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 03:19 PM   #18
Slider
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2006 RTL
White / Olive

I wouldn't trust one dealer let alone two. I would run so fast from that truck. If I had to write a lawyer a check so be it. I don't think neglecting a Honda for 50k would cause that damage. A lot of people touch nothing for their 3/36 lease and things go normal. Sounds fishy from every angle.
OEM- Hitch, Brush Guard, Fog Lights, Wood Dash, Side Mouldings, Fender Flares/Splash Guards, Roof Rack, Hard Tonneau and 2013 RTL wheels. Non OEM- Fat Bob's Lift, 265/60/18 LTX MS 2's, front tint, LED's, Figs props, Pioneer Avic x930 bt, Bazooka sub, Backup camera, Fog Light mod.
Slider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 03:50 PM   #19
Timberdog
2007 RT
Other

Not sure about the lemon laws in your State but I think the mini dealer is hoping you'll keep it. I wish we had a lemon law in Canada, a vehicle is a huge investment and you should able to enjoy it. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Timberdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 09:19 PM   #20
chiph
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club
2006 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Steel Blue Metallic

I used to have a 2003 Cooper S. I had to threaten to invoke the lemon law on the MINI dealer to get repairs done correctly under warranty (ended up dumping it at CarMax and making it someone else's problem)

I don't know about MD, but in NC the lemon law says they have to buy it back if the number of repair attempts and time spent being repaired meets the conditions for doing so, but it doesn't say anything about for how much they have to buy it back for.

So in your talks with the attorney, make sure you cover the money aspect.

Chip H.

Former owner: 2012 Civic LX, 2006 Ridgeline RTL, 2000 CR-V EX, 1991 Accord EX
chiph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Under The Hood / Performance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.