Finally eD sq-10 behind the seat install completed *pics and box comparison shots* - Page 26 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 12-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #251
laserguy
ROC Rank: 5k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Other

Re: Finally eD sq-10 behind the seat install completed *pics and box comparison shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky567 View Post
I erased to link to SonicElectronix where I have access. Sorry about that! I've been looking at a lot of things in the last few days and asking opinons of all the members, everybody has been great. I made a decision last night and I got an Alpine amp from one of the forum members.
The link was to the combo that Sonic had, Kenwood amp with a box pioneer sub and installation kit.
At some point that combo would have been a good deal, but you can basically get the components (box, sub and amp) separate for about the same combo price now, the sub was on sale not long ago, and the 8 gauge wiring kit was CCA wire not OFC wire. I still think that box has potential once the feet are shaved just hard to know if it is a bit too long or too thick too fit. Also the box is 5/8 thick not 3/4 inch. But I guess some members have built their box with 3/4 inch in the front and 1/2 on the back from what I read.

Thanks for the update and keep us informed about your box when it is ready.
laserguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #252
IanRTL
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Re: Finally eD sq-10 behind the seat install completed *pics and box comparison shots

Quote:
I erased to link to SonicElectronix where I have access. Sorry about that! I've been looking at a lot of things in the last few days and asking opinons of all the members, everybody has been great. I made a decision last night and I got an Alpine amp from one of the forum members.
The link was to the combo that Sonic had, Kenwood amp with a box pioneer sub and installation kit.
Ah, you bought laserguy's T220? I almost did, but went with something else. I think you'll be happy with what you decided.
Westin chrome tube steps, AVS vent visors, AVS bug shield, blue LED interior switches, LED interior/exterior lights, Weathertech floor mats, Extang Trifecta soft tonneau cover, Pioneer AVH-P4400BH bypassed head unit, Metra Axxess ASWC, Jensen Carbon 65C components, Jensen Power 400 2ch bridged amp, 10" Boss Onyx shallow sub in custom behind-seat enclosure, FatMat sound deadening, Koolertron backup camera
IanRTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #253
Moby
ROC Rank: Freshman
2006 RTS
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserguy View Post
I mentioned that in a prev post, what needs to be done is cut the legs of the box, it's hard to know, the legs can be 1 3/4-- 2". Once cut the bottom WILL FIT the top I bet there is a huge chance it will fit assuming the top can be a bit over 4 inches or 4 inches after the legs are shaved.

Someone needs to go to bestbuy an measure and report what the box depth is, 5 7/8 but if the legs are cut it could could fit, if 4 1/2" the top may fit, the target is 4 but again I, or someone else will have to confirm if over 4" will do it on the top. Also a way to hold it on the back wall will have to be figured out, Velcro or some brackets
The dimensions if you shaved the legs are:
length 47.5 cm
depth 30 cm
width 30 cm

The sub sits out by 1.5 cm and is pushed 14.5 cm from the edge so it sits closer to the the opposite side.

Now does anyone know if it'll fit behind the seat?.
Moby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #254
laserguy
2006 RTL
Other

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanRTL View Post
Ah, you bought laserguy's T220? I almost did, but went with something else. I think you'll be happy with what you decided.
Good guess Ian. Hard for me to let it go, but my wife's car systems plan changed and I decided to get her a 4 ch amp instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby View Post
The dimensions if you shaved the legs are:
length 47.5 cm
depth 30 cm
width 30 cm

The sub sits out by 1.5 cm and is pushed 14.5 cm from the edge so it sits closer to the the opposite side.

Now does anyone know if it'll fit behind the seat?.
Doing the math based on the last info you provided, 16 cm makes it 6 5/16 of an inch . That's more than the 5.5 inch target for the bottom and 4 inch on the top if I remember correctly. Thanks a lot for sharing that info.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:06 PM   #255
Moby
ROC Rank: Freshman
2006 RTS
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserguy View Post
Good guess Ian. Hard for me to let it go, but my wife's car systems plan changed and I decided to get her a 4 ch amp instead.

Doing the math based on the last info you provided, 16 cm makes it 6 5/16 of an inch . That's more than the 5.5 inch target for the bottom and 4 inch on the top if I remember correctly. Thanks a lot for sharing that info.
My bad the depth is only 11.25 cm not 30 cm
Moby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #256
laserguy
2006 RTL
Other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby View Post
My bad the depth is only 11.25 cm not 30 cm
Thats 4 7/16 of qn ich almost 4.5 inches If that includes the sub's top mounted part then it brings it to just shy of 4 1/8 . Good chance I can fit, I'll have to get there and check the seat to measure

Thanks
Old 01-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #257
sparky567
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2007 RTL
White / Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanRTL View Post
Thanks Ian I think I'll be happy too with this amp. Laserguy has given me a couple of options to where to mount it. Under the passenger seat looked like a viable option until I read some of his past posts regarding the maximum weight a person that could sit in the front seat was 250lbs...not option, and sometime some of my relatives drive my truck with and they exceed the weight restrictions.... I want to leave the cargo area clean, so that leaves behind the backseat.
sparky567 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #258
IanRTL
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Quote:
Thanks Ian I think I'll be happy too with this amp. Laserguy has given me a couple of options to where to mount it. Under the passenger seat looked like a viable option until I read some of his past posts regarding the maximum weight a person that could sit in the front seat was 250lbs...not option, and sometime some of my relatives drive my truck with and they exceed the weight restrictions.... I want to leave the cargo area clean, so that leaves behind the backseat.
I have my amp under the passenger seat. My father in law is about 6'-5" and about 260-270lbs. He's sat in that seat several times before and I've never had an issue. There is at least 1/2" to 3/4" of clearance on the top of it. You might want to test fit it to see if it would work there. It's by far the most convenient spot.
Westin chrome tube steps, AVS vent visors, AVS bug shield, blue LED interior switches, LED interior/exterior lights, Weathertech floor mats, Extang Trifecta soft tonneau cover, Pioneer AVH-P4400BH bypassed head unit, Metra Axxess ASWC, Jensen Carbon 65C components, Jensen Power 400 2ch bridged amp, 10" Boss Onyx shallow sub in custom behind-seat enclosure, FatMat sound deadening, Koolertron backup camera
IanRTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #259
sparky567
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2007 RTL
White / Beige

I love this place you can find answers to all the questions. That's why I try to buy components that has already been tried and proven that it works or it doesn't. A good example: everybody says/said that there was a significant difference the moment the tweeters are swaped for better quality, I had my heart set for the JBL GTO18T but got the tweeter that go with Pioneer TS-A1604C component speaker, it's smaller in size but my knowledge is very limited so I don't know what makes one better than the other.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the other hand I will get the subwoofer http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...-SW2501S4.html to match the my Alpine Amp, the owner's manual says to use #8 wire and also use a 25 amp fuse as close as possible to the + post of the battery. I think Laserguy mentioned using #10 with a 40 amp fuse. I work in maintenance and I have access to anything from #14 to #4 (THHN commercial wire) , I guess I could use #8 wire with a Scosche fuse holder (Walmart has them too) with a 40 amp fuse or smaller if needed. I think these amp wiring kits are overated especially the high current wires, I work with 460 volts 3 phase, and the way I see it as long as the wire has the right minimum overcurrent protection based on the wire, it should be ok, unfourtunatly the NEC does not cover automotive. I think I will use #8 thhn with a 40 amp fuse.
I've included some tech drawings of two of the speakers suggested for the box that would go behind the seat.
Attached Images

Last edited by sparky567; 01-02-2013 at 02:08 PM. Reason: additional comments
sparky567 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 09:52 PM   #260
tpevehouse
ROC Rank: Senior
2009 RT
Dark Cherry Pearl

I used a 60am inline fuse with my Alpine M500 Ian posted a page or two back. That amp has dual 30A fuses so the 60 is equal to the amp ones.

I just double checked the model number of that pioneer and it is actually the same thing I have. It will fit in the box and within the given dimensions. It is real tight and needs to be centered dead on or you'll encounter fitment issues when you get it put in the box.
Sony XAV601BT, Polk DB coaxial/sail tweets, Dynamat, V-LED Ext./Int./Dash, GE NightHawk Platinum, Plastidiped Steels/Grill, Duralast Platinum AGM, OEM Tow Harness/Rear Mud Guards, Weathertech F&R Mats/Visors/Bug Shield.
tpevehouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.