LED light bar on roof rack. - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Exterior

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 01-01-2013, 02:42 AM   #1
guamjake
ROC Rank: Freshman
2010 RT
Steel Blue Metallic

LED light bar on roof rack.

I have been contemplating on putting a light bar on my roof rack. From what I have read, I would need a 40 inch light bar. I was wondering if anyone has ever done this or if anyone else thinks it would work. Pretty much I am just looking for more insight on this Idea. Please let me know what you guys think! thanks!
guamjake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 08:57 AM   #2
northernlights
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2006 RTS
Steel Blue / Gray

Re: LED light bar on roof rack.

How much did you have to drink. JK. Lights on top can only be used off road and covered when on road here.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
jonesbb630
2014 SE
Crystal Black Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernlights View Post
How much did you have to drink. JK. Lights on top can only be used off road and covered when on road here.
He's probably thinking amber led light strip.
Honda Snowblower, Honda Lawnmower.
jonesbb630 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 12:01 PM   #4
Fubard
ROC Rank: Freshman
2012 RTX
Nimbus Gray Metallic

I've been curious about trying this too. I heard it was illegal to to many years ago but here in TX, I see every buh buh w a lift riding around w a hundred flood lights along his roof. I'd cover em up if 'ol Johny stops me to ask about it. At any rate, it WOULD be a cool addition and great for those late night country roads.
Fubard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #5
Elkhunter
2007 RTS
Aberdeen Green Metallic

I'm partial to these...

http://www.galls.com/cgi/CGBCSTYL?PMSTYL=LB587

Full Size Spare, USA-Spec iPod adaptor, Westin powdercoated sidesteps, OEM tow hitch & harness, 2009 camera handle, Back-up camera, 3.6-inch Boyo Monitor (with second camera on rear of teardrop trailer), Trunk carpet, Trunk dividers, Billet Grill, Infinity Reference 1031t Tweeters, Full-time power to front and rear 12V outlets, Fumoto oil drain valve, FIGS G2 hood prop kit. Rhino 360B Hitch step, Rear Splashguards, 255/65/17 MS2's
Elkhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #6
Rickman
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club
2007 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Exclamation Re: LED light bar on roof rack.

Just remember every time you have to go into underground parking or what have you, you might not fit.

This is the delema I am having about getting the 2" lift as I am currently just touching the warning bar when I go to one of our shopping malls.

Just a thought, but ya lights do look good on a truck

My other ride is my Bicycle!
Rickman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 03:11 PM   #7
Oddjob
2009 RTL
Bali Blue Pearl

Ask the Police Ridgeline guys, I'm sure they can tell you what they put on them. If you are going for more light and visiability then mount then as high as you can (with in reason) and put warning signs on the dash so it reminds you about your limited height clearance. If you just want flashing lights for effect, I would go with the interior mounted ones, no one can steal them and there is no height clearance issue. MTC
2006 & 09 RTL w/o Nav. Motto: "Be not drunk with wine." EPH5:18 As I spent 10years in a BATU.
RETIRED March 2011
Oddjob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #8
Bethard728
ROC Rank: Junior
2008 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickman View Post
Just remember every time you have to go into underground parking or what have you, you might not fit.

This is the delema I am having about getting the 2" lift as I am currently just touching the warning bar when I go to one of our shopping malls.

Just a thought, but ya lights do look good on a truck
That is some low parking!!! Out of curiosity, I went to the garage and measured my vehicles...and I wouldn't be able to shop at that mall unless I brought the ridge. My ridge is 70" (without roof rack), my Yukon is 77", and my 2500hd is 83". All factory height. Where do all the domestic trucks and SUVs park?
Bethard728 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 09:49 PM   #9
MannyJ
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2012 RTL
Crystal Black Pearl

Hi everyone,

Lingered did this mod quite some time ago in a very tasteful way (I think). See the link to the thread below. There are even some awesome details on the routing of the wiring. They are not LEDs but the concept is sound and can probably be modified to accept your choice of lights.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/f...ead.php?t=9194

There is also a prefabed unit by Westin I think (again not an LED) discussed on page 4 of the SEMA thread:

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/f...ight=Light+bar

I hope these help out.

Manny

Last edited by MannyJ; 01-01-2013 at 10:06 PM.
MannyJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 06:30 AM   #10
Timberdog
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2007 RT
Other

You can buy the single LED lightbars, 1.5" height, from vision X or Rigid. You would only need at most a 20" lightbar. Get the spot and flood combo. Easy install, just have to run a switch to your dash. They take almost no power and will light up the night. These things are almost indestructible and are waterproof. Don't cheap out with an ebay knockoff. You could also mount them on a bulbar. They come in clear and amber applications.
Timberdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Exterior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.