Vote em out! - Page 1218 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > ROC Member Central > The Ridge - Off-Topic Discussions

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #12171
schwejo
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Steel Blue Metallic

Re: Vote em out!

I think Speeds post # 12149 deserves careful consideration. Its unfortunate to watch all this and not feel like there is a solution. We all know that some folks do need public assistance, that's not in question, but going back to Johnson's Great Society we have created generations who know nothing more then entitlements. Speaking to the choir I know, but when the "entitled" grow to a point where they change policy and vote for Santa Claus, then we have momentum that possibly cant be changed.

Add special interest groups and powerful lobby groups resulting in pork, and even politicians who want to do the right thing quickly find that they are powerless. Then add the biggest healthcare initiative where no one has a prayer of understanding, managed by a group who has never in my lifetime produced anything that works as intended, and exempts themselves from the issues they cause.

We all know that this is the short list of issues. Its cliche to say that if you don't like something then speak with your vote, but we are beyond that working any longer.

Republican or democrat, politicians are more like each other than those who work for a living.

Last edited by schwejo; 01-03-2013 at 10:23 AM.
schwejo is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 10:27 AM   #12172
B43
Banned
2006 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdepuydt View Post
I know you are a Obamath scholar, but it doesn't change the fact that our taxes were raised %2. Doesn't matter what the reason behind the increase is, doesn't matter what side of the isle you stand on, our taxes went up %2 under BO/the FC deal.
So, Obama created a tax cut as part of his stimulus plan, which the GOP crowd has been whining about for years. Obama (and Congress) let this stimulus tax cut expire after renewing it once before and now the GOP crowd whines about that.

These posts just continue to prove what the hardline GOP is founded on, whining stupidity. Apparently, they recruit well.
B43 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 10:33 AM   #12173
MoosePond
ROC Rank: 7k Comma Club
2007 *Former Ridgeline Owner
White / Beige

Question Re: Vote em out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwejo View Post
<snip>We all know that this is the short list of issues. Its cliche to say that if you don't like something then speak with your vote, but we are beyond that working any longer.

Republican or democrat, politicians are more like each other than those who work for a living.
While I agree that our ability to make changes and reverse the course appears to be an insurmountable obstacle, continuing to vote for the same career politicians certainly isn't working. So, what alternatives are left to us? Civil disobedience? Marching en masse on Washingon with pitchforks and torches? Hunkering down in our bunkers waiting for the smoke to clear?

Life is too short to drive boring vehicles!

Last edited by MoosePond; 01-03-2013 at 10:37 AM. Reason: correct typo
MoosePond is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #12174
MoosePond
ROC Rank: 7k Comma Club
2007 *Former Ridgeline Owner
White / Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by B43 View Post
So, Obama created a tax cut as part of his stimulus plan, which the GOP crowd has been whining about for years. Obama (and Congress) let this stimulus tax cut expire after renewing it once before and now the GOP crowd whines about that.

These posts just continue to prove what the hardline GOP is founded on, whining stupidity. Apparently, they recruit well.
I think that for a struggling parent who now must choose between groceries and much-needed new winter coats the distinction between an "expired tax cut" and a "tax increase" might not be understandable and certainly not something for which they hold any sympathy for either side of the political coin toss.

Life is too short to drive boring vehicles!
MoosePond is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 10:49 AM   #12175
cdepuydt
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

Quote:

And, it is obvious from your posts the left/progressive base is a group of absolute freaking morons. Do you really think taxing people more, especially those already paying almost %40 of the federal tax burden, is going to "fix things"?

Also, do you think the only people getting hit are those "evil" rich people??! Think again:

While most taxpayers were shielded from increases in their income taxes, payroll taxes went up for everyone. The IRS issued new withholding guidelines for employers earlier this week. Some workers will see the higher deductions on Friday; others next week.

Here are some examples.

-- for a single person earning $38,000 a year, the IRS told employers to withhold $5,437 a year. That's up $570, or $11 a week.

-- for someone earning $90,000, they will pay $19,885 -- or $2,443 more than last year.

-- for someone earning $185,000, the government will withhold $49,459 -- an increase of $5,977.

-- for someone earning over $400,000, payroll taxes will increase by $270 per week or $14,212 a year.

Most of people mentioned above are hardly "rich" yet your hero, and his lackies, hit them ALL with higher taxes. You are probably included in one of the groups above...yet you stand there and cheer it on? That makes no sense. Reminds me of the Animal House..."...thank you sir...may I have another..."...you stand there and shake your head in agreement, with a big stupid grin on your face, because it's your hero giving it to you in the shorts. If this was a GOP president doing this, all hell would be breaking loose.

I don't care what side of the isle you are on, if our representatives pass legislation that takes more money out of your pocket, everyone should be hacked off. Especially when they have shown time and time again they are not exactly great stewards handling our money. Especially when they have plenty of money and the issue in Washington is not a revenue issue, it's a spending issue. Especially when tax increases are not paired with spending reductions.

Even a complete and utter moron knows giving a heroin addict more heroin is not the answer. Attack me all you want, it still doesn't change the facts...which is obvious, you continue to ignore.

RTL w/Nav and Sunroof, Running boards, Bug deflector, Leer Cap, OEM Hitch, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Weathertech Floor Mats, OEM Foglights w/Painted Bezels, OEM Side Door Protectors, '10 Pilot Touring Wheels, Kumho Road Venture KL61 Tires (New in Oct. 2012 and New Again in May of 2014), new Monroe OE Spectrum Struts (New in May 2013), RTX/Accessory Grill, and Figs Hood Prop Kit.

Last edited by cdepuydt; 01-03-2013 at 10:55 AM.
cdepuydt is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #12176
cdepuydt
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoosePond View Post
I think that for a struggling parent who now must choose between groceries and much-needed new winter coats the distinction between an "expired tax cut" and a "tax increase" might not be understandable and certainly not something for which they hold any sympathy for either side of the political coin toss.
Yes, but it is for the "greater good" to make things "fair", so it's all good. Come on, haven't you been paying attention?!?!

RTL w/Nav and Sunroof, Running boards, Bug deflector, Leer Cap, OEM Hitch, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Weathertech Floor Mats, OEM Foglights w/Painted Bezels, OEM Side Door Protectors, '10 Pilot Touring Wheels, Kumho Road Venture KL61 Tires (New in Oct. 2012 and New Again in May of 2014), new Monroe OE Spectrum Struts (New in May 2013), RTX/Accessory Grill, and Figs Hood Prop Kit.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #12177
B43
Banned
2006 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoosePond View Post
Oh, well then, let's make it permanent and just reduce the SS withholding down 2%. Then let's wait for the old folks to start whining since we can't afford ANY cost of living raises.

Just what is it that you guys want? Seems to me the only thing you really want is anarchy....and to whine.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:55 AM   #12178
B43
Banned
2006 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdepuydt View Post
I don't care what side of the isle you are on, if our representatives pass legislation that takes more money out of your pocket, everyone should be hacked off.
Oh, so now you're on the Santa Claus bandwagon, too. Got it!

(So much for your little speech, Schwejo.)
Old 01-03-2013, 11:18 AM   #12179
cdepuydt
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

Quote:
Oh, so now you're on the Santa Claus bandwagon, too. Got it!

(So much for your little speech, Schwejo.)
So, Santa Claus comes and takes money out of my wallet? Since when?

Seriously, I am just getting really freaking tired of the politicians fixing their problems by taking more of our money. It has been their irresposibility with our money that has put us where we are today. Their spending. Their inability to come up with a balanced budget. Their inability to just say no. You can try to defend that logic and their actions...but to me, they are indefensible.

They are so irresponsibile and the only way to pull their behinds out of a jam is to come to us with with their hand out. Well, really, it's more like a mugging, since we don't have a choice in the matter. Either way, it should make everybody angry.

Aren't you tired of paying more and more and seeing less and less? Aren't you tired of seeing fewer and fewer makers in this country and more and more takers? Aren't you tired of success being villified and dependency being celebrated? Isn't everybody tired of that? I know am.

I see what I make, what is taken out by local/city/state/federal gov'ts, and what is left for me to take care of my family and try to save for the future...and it totally hacks me off. To see them (our so-called representatives) give themselves a raise and then take MORE money out of my pocket...it angers me to no end.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:21 AM   #12180
manida
ROC Rank: Junior
2007 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

Quote:
Even a complete and utter moron knows giving a heroin addict more heroin is not the answer.
a full-bore heroin addict will die if they arent weaned off the drug gradually. I suppose all medical doctors are morons, though.
manida is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > ROC Member Central > The Ridge - Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.