Perpetual Price Thread - Page 178 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Shoppin' and Test Drivin'

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 12-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #1771
plancaster
ROC Rank: Freshman
2010 RTL
White / Beige

Re: Perpetual Price Thread

Just picked up my Christmas present on December 17th. Got a 2010 RTL with Navi with 73K miles for $23,994 at a dealer.

Been wanting one for a long time now and finally got in on the fun.
plancaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #1772
nasskar

Looking at a 2008 RTL w/Nav and 36k miles - the dealer is asking $22,664. I've been reading the other posts and know you can get a 2013 RTS for around $28k, so what would be a good price target for the used RTL (and all its features) vs the new RTS?

I'd like to consider ownership as well as the bottom line price - thanks!
nasskar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 08:01 PM   #1773
speedlever
2008 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

That strikes me as a pretty good price for a low mileage 2008 RTL/navi if it's been properly maintained and looks to be in excellent condition.

So if that's asking price, you should be able to beat that by some amount.

I don't know what you mean by your last sentence.

2006 Pilot EXL-RES in BSM
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 08:51 PM   #1774
nasskar

thanks for the reply..and sorry I wasn't clear on that last line....I was just wondering if anyone thought that the features of a slightly used RTL would negate the additional cost of a brand new Sport. I've seen some posts that seem to be RTL or bust
nasskar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 09:14 PM   #1775
speedlever
2008 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

Well they are not equipped the same. What features are important to you? Leather seats? Sunroof? Tweaked tranny ratios and engine power? Trip computer? You're not comparing the same vehicle between a 2008 RTL/navi and a 2013 RTS.

Personally, I think the value buy is in the RTS. I don't care for the SR... which is only found on the RTL. Others insist on the SR. I'm happy with cloth seats. Others want heated leather. If you plan to tow, the '13 is fully equipped to tow. The '08 will need a hitch plus the OEM wiring harness, unless the PO had it installed as an option.

So what features are important to you?

2006 Pilot EXL-RES in BSM
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 03:25 PM   #1776
MINIz guy
2013 SPORT
White/Grey

2013 Sport. $27,800 + TTL. Best I could do in the NNJ area.
MINIz guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 11:04 AM   #1777
JPWilson
2013 SPORT
Alabaster Silver Metallic

I picked up my 2013 Ridgeline Sport for $27,395 which ended up being cheaper than my employee discount, go figure...

I've been debating about getting one for over 2 years, and I've also been looking at used ones for over 2 years. Almost bought a few of them, but I just couldn't pull the trigger until a few weeks ago. I've been reading this forum for a while and used the information to check out and pass on quite a few Ridgelines with wet carpet and weird electrical problems.

I love the truck so far, minus the whole transmission fluid leak out of the ATF cooler because it was cross-threaded from the manufacturer/supplier. 310 miles on the truck and I had to have it towed to a dealership for a new ATF cooler. The dealers acted like it was no big deal to drive it after it had already leaked 1.5 qts. of fluid out (on my concrete driveway!). The dealer is blowing me off for my problems/trouble. I'm pretty horrified at the service so far, no fluid was cleaned up, extra fluid found on the engine cover and doors... all on my 1st brand new truck! The AH case manager is supposed to be following up with me at the end of the week.

Last edited by JPWilson; 01-03-2013 at 11:14 AM.
JPWilson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 12:57 PM   #1778
IanRTL
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPWilson View Post
I picked up my 2013 Ridgeline Sport for $27,395 which ended up being cheaper than my employee discount, go figure...

I've been debating about getting one for over 2 years, and I've also been looking at used ones for over 2 years. Almost bought a few of them, but I just couldn't pull the trigger until a few weeks ago. I've been reading this forum for a while and used the information to check out and pass on quite a few Ridgelines with wet carpet and weird electrical problems.

I love the truck so far, minus the whole transmission fluid leak out of the ATF cooler because it was cross-threaded from the manufacturer/supplier. 310 miles on the truck and I had to have it towed to a dealership for a new ATF cooler. The dealers acted like it was no big deal to drive it after it had already leaked 1.5 qts. of fluid out (on my concrete driveway!). The dealer is blowing me off for my problems/trouble. I'm pretty horrified at the service so far, no fluid was cleaned up, extra fluid found on the engine cover and doors... all on my 1st brand new truck! The AH case manager is supposed to be following up with me at the end of the week.
Oh man... if the fitting was cross-threaded, the tranny fluid could have mixed with the coolant. That would cause not-so-great things. Did they do a coolant flush, too?
Westin chrome tube steps, AVS vent visors, AVS bug shield, blue LED interior switches, LED interior/exterior lights, Weathertech floor mats, Extang Trifecta soft tonneau cover, Pioneer AVH-P4400BH bypassed head unit, Metra Axxess ASWC, Jensen Carbon 65C components, Jensen Power 400 2ch bridged amp, 10" Boss Onyx shallow sub in custom behind-seat enclosure, FatMat sound deadening, Koolertron backup camera
IanRTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 01:34 PM   #1779
JPWilson
2013 SPORT

No, I had to ask several times just to see how much fluid leaked out and what they actually replaced. I had the service rep bring the part out to me so I could check it over. I'm pretty horrified that it made it out of the factory like that.

I'm going to look some info up at work tonight to see if the coolers are pressure tested by the supplier (which they should be) and some more in-depth information about the cooler assembly and what the factory specs are.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #1780
JPWilson
2013 SPORT

Just a follow-up, the cooler part number is 25510-RJE-013. ATF in/out, no coolant involved.

AH called last Friday and are contacting me again sometime this week to work something out. Dealer totally blew me off after telling me they would "do what they could to make this right" and told me they would call me (never did or returned my calls) so I reported everything back to the American Honda case manager. Pretty unbelievable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Shoppin' and Test Drivin'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.