Going camping with the family this spring; Generator ? - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Activities > Bikin', Campin', Hikin', Fishin' and Kayakin'

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 01-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
S1njin
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2012 *Former Ridgeline Owner
White/Grey

Going camping with the family this spring; Generator ?

Hey Gang,

Going to get some nice outdoorsy type use out of my truck this spring. Going to take the wife and girls camping. I can't wait - its been so long since I've been.

Question for you: Due to all the outages/issues w/ Hurricane Sandy I have 2 Honda EU2000is. I was thinking of bringing one along with me when we go camping. What types of things would you guys use this type of generator for? I was originally thinking coffee maker for the miss and I, and maybe the electric griddle since I don't have a propane camp stove yet. Any other good uses for one?

I'm just happy I may have another use for my investment !

(2) Honda EU2000i Generators
Pressure Washer with a Honda GCV160 engine

Gone but not forgotten:

2012 Ridgeline RTS
2012 Odyssey Touring
S1njin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #2
Rickman
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club
2007 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Exclamation Re: Going camping with the family this spring; Generator ?

Generator? You call that camping??????????

My other ride is my Bicycle!
Rickman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #3
S1njin
White/Grey

Re: Going camping with the family this spring; Generator ?

I know I know ... but I already bought them for home emergency power; since I already have 2 of them I might as well get more of my money's worth by bringing it along with me ...

Gone but not forgotten:

2012 Ridgeline RTS
2012 Odyssey Touring
Old 01-04-2013, 12:45 PM   #4
ff157
2011 RT
Dark Cherry Pearl

Space heater or fan,hair dryer, radio, crock pot,coffee pot, electric frying pan, lights,charge cell phones. These are just a few things I used the power for when I had a travel trailer and had a electric hookup.By the way, I bought a Honda EU2000I generator after Sandy, and I love it.It ran about 10 hours on a gallon of fuel. I energized my heat, and ran a refrigerator, lights, and small applainces. VERY quiet compared to less expensive and LARGER units. Just sayin. Good luck camping, our family loved it.
ff157 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #5
Parsec
ROC Rank: Senior
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff157 View Post
Space heater or fan,hair dryer, radio, crock pot,coffee pot, electric frying pan, lights,charge cell phones. These are just a few things I used the power for when I had a travel trailer and had a electric hookup.By the way, I bought a Honda EU2000I generator after Sandy, and I love it.It ran about 10 hours on a gallon of fuel. I energized my heat, and ran a refrigerator, lights, and small applainces. VERY quiet compared to less expensive and LARGER units. Just sayin. Good luck camping, our family loved it.
LOL, I think that sounds more like an outdoor hotel suite than camping.
Parsec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 07:34 AM   #6
ff157
2011 RT
Dark Cherry Pearl

I agree Parsec. I am glad I didn't mention that the trailer had a/c, heat, a couch, refrig, cable T.V. hook up, stove and oven, bunk beds,and a bathtub!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 10:47 AM   #7
Rickman
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club
2007 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Man times have changed.

When we used to take our kid camping, I thought it was the cats meow to have a rolling pop-up camper and a portable pooper, instead of a tent..

My other ride is my Bicycle!
Rickman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #8
COOPER_ABQ
ROC Rank: Junior
2007 RTS
Nimbus Gray Metallic

I read about this back in NOV 2012, Just FYI:

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.

Name of Product: Portable Generators

Units: About 150,600

Distributor: American Honda Motor Co. Inc., of Torrance, Calif.

Hazard: The generator’s fuel hose can leak, posing fire and burn hazards.

Incidents/Injuries: Honda is aware of four incidents of fuel leaks. No fires or injuries have been reported.

Description: This recall involves Honda gasoline-powered portable generators with model number EU2000i and serial numbers EAAJ-2260273 through EAAJ-2485025. The generators are black and red in color or have a camouflage design. They measure about 20 inches long by 11 ½ inches wide by 16 ½ inches tall. “Honda,” “EU converter” and the model number 2000i are printed on the side of the generator. “Companion” is printed on the side of some EU2000i models. The serial number is located on the lower right side, rear corner of the generator.

Sold at: Honda Power Equipment dealers, Camping World, Gander Mountain, Grainger, Hertz Rental, John Deere, National Pump & Compressor, Northern Tool, Scheels Sporting, Sportsman’s Warehouse, Sunbelt Rentals, True Value, United Rentals, White Cap and Wholesale Sports store nationwide and online from October 2011 through September 2012 for between $1,150 and $1,400.

Manufactured in: Japan

Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled generators and contact the nearest Honda Power Equipment dealer to schedule a free inspection and repair.

Consumer Contact: American Honda; Phone toll-free (888) 888-3139, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or online at »powerequipment.honda.com and click on “Recalls and Updates” under “Service and Support” for more information.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #9
S1njin
White/Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOPER_ABQ View Post
I read about this back in NOV 2012, Just FYI:

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.

Name of Product: Portable Generators

Units: About 150,600

Distributor: American Honda Motor Co. Inc., of Torrance, Calif.

Hazard: The generator’s fuel hose can leak, posing fire and burn hazards.

Incidents/Injuries: Honda is aware of four incidents of fuel leaks. No fires or injuries have been reported.

Description: This recall involves Honda gasoline-powered portable generators with model number EU2000i and serial numbers EAAJ-2260273 through EAAJ-2485025. The generators are black and red in color or have a camouflage design. They measure about 20 inches long by 11 ½ inches wide by 16 ½ inches tall. “Honda,” “EU converter” and the model number 2000i are printed on the side of the generator. “Companion” is printed on the side of some EU2000i models. The serial number is located on the lower right side, rear corner of the generator.

Sold at: Honda Power Equipment dealers, Camping World, Gander Mountain, Grainger, Hertz Rental, John Deere, National Pump & Compressor, Northern Tool, Scheels Sporting, Sportsman’s Warehouse, Sunbelt Rentals, True Value, United Rentals, White Cap and Wholesale Sports store nationwide and online from October 2011 through September 2012 for between $1,150 and $1,400.

Manufactured in: Japan

Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled generators and contact the nearest Honda Power Equipment dealer to schedule a free inspection and repair.

Consumer Contact: American Honda; Phone toll-free (888) 888-3139, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or online at »powerequipment.honda.com and click on “Recalls and Updates” under “Service and Support” for more information.
You know, I saw that posted somewhere else too. I'm glad I registered them - I should really go check them out shouldn't I?

Gone but not forgotten:

2012 Ridgeline RTS
2012 Odyssey Touring
Old 01-11-2013, 08:24 AM   #10
ff157
2011 RT
Dark Cherry Pearl

Thanks for the information Cooper. I had heard about it also and I called Honda. They checked my serial # on the computer, then had me confirm a code stamped on the inside, that my unit was repaired before it left the factory. If any one has one of these, and thier serial # is in the group affected, as mine was, I would call Honda customer service. They were great with me, took three minutes on the phone. Thanks for looking out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Activities > Bikin', Campin', Hikin', Fishin' and Kayakin'

Tags
camping , generator , honda

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.