DIY Power Steering Fluid Leak Fix - Page 2 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Under The Hood / Performance

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 04-21-2011, 03:16 PM   #11
speedlever
2008 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

Re: DIY Power Steering Fluid Leak Fix

Come to think of it, I still have a bunch of Toyota oil filters for mine too. And the original OM, etc. I tried to sell the FSM on Fleabay a couple of years ago and had 0 hits.

2006 Pilot EXL-RES in BSM
speedlever is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2011, 10:39 PM   #12
Sparkland
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club
2008 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Dark Cherry Pearl

Just found a brand new air filter for my T-100 in my garage while cleaning it out.

Thanks for the information on the CD! I have all the OEM shop manuals but the CD's would be great for my RL, and two Civics.
Sparkland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011, 02:32 PM   #13
arthursreign
ROC Rank: Freshman
2006 RTL
White / Olive

Thank you ridgeaz!!!! I was starting to hear the power steering whine on my RL a few weeks ago and I became worried that I might need a new pump. I called my local Honda dealership and they wanted $55 just to diagnose the problem (SNAP!!!). In my desperation and pride to NOT pay someone $$ simply to look at my truck when I knew I could figure it out on my own, I turned to my buddies here on ROC and watched the DIY video on this post. What great info everyone had for this problem! After it was all said and done, I did end up sending my wife to the Honda dealership....for a 57 cent washer!!! I installed it within minutes and suddenly the problem was solved! Thanks again guys for saving me some coin!!!
arthursreign is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2012, 03:04 PM   #14
skyrunner
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgeaz View Post
Hello forum members. I've been a long time reader to this forum and I like to really thank everyone for sharing their knowledge so we can do our own maintenance and know we did it right. A month ago, I had no idea how to even change my engine oil. Anyways, I have a 06, and I'm not sure when the power steering fluid started to leak but it got my attention a few months ago. The leak is very slow and can be hard to notice. You need a flashlight and look closely for spill lines underneath the power steering cylinder. I came across this video and this guy is absolutely awesome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf-_qp1y4yc.
I reproduced the spill in my truck as illustrated in the video. This afternoon I ordered the o-ring and installed it. With the new o-ring, I have not been able to reproduce the fluid spill as before. The o-ring cost 60 cents and it may have just fixed my leak problem without spending hundreds of dollars changing rack/pinion. I know some folks here have power steering leaks and if you are without warranty like me, you might want to try this fix (if you can reproduce the spill or produce air bubbles).

Note: I used a 10mm wrench (the closed end) for the bolt. The bolt is in a frustrating location and hard to get to. You can get to it by getting your left hand/arm underneath all the cables on the left side. There is no washer, just a bolt. Service manual says 8 lb.ft torque for the bolt so go easy on it. The o ring may be inside the threads if you don't see it on the plastic tube. The part number in video is correct. That's it, be careful not to lose the bolt and good luck!

Mine has the air bubbles but not the leak........still the same issue???
skyrunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 07:00 AM   #15
jimmy 2 times
2008 RT
Billet Silver / Gray

Anyone have the part number for this O ring on the ridgeline? I have the noise and the bubbles and figured I'd try this first
jimmy 2 times is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 07:13 AM   #16
speedlever
2008 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

This is the p/n for the 13x1.9mm o-ring that goes on the inlet joint. I believe that's the one you're referencing.
91345-PAA-A01

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...KET+%28-+11%29

Old 01-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #17
jimmy 2 times
2008 RT
Billet Silver / Gray

thanks, this will be my saturday project
jimmy 2 times is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 07:04 PM   #18
speedlever
2008 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

Here's an interesting link of someone doing this on an Accord. I think you'll have the larger part of your day free for other stuff.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/sh...d.php?p=606221

Old 09-07-2013, 07:53 PM   #19
FL_Ridge

I feared a PS pump replacement, thanks to this thread noise and air are gone. Thanks ROC!
FL_Ridge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Under The Hood / Performance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.