Tonneau Covers - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Accessories

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 01-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #1
SeanKosmann
ROC Rank: Freshman
2010 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

Tonneau Covers

Hey guys! I've been all over the forum looking at different covers, I'm hoping to bring a lot of the information together in this thread and maybe update. The #1 thing I'm trying to track down is the best cover in terms of waterproof capabilities! So let the information start flowing!
SeanKosmann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #2
jimfrancis
ROC Rank: Senior
2011 RTL
White/Grey

Re: Tonneau Covers

I've had a Bakflip F1 for about two years now, and it's tight as a drum. Besides, as fiberglass over aluminum, it doesn't dent, such as with hail, drops, etc.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:06 PM   #3
rollinhonda
ROC Rank: 9k Comma Club
2010 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

It all depends on how you plan to use it and under what conditions. I have an Extang Trifecta Signature,. It is a soft cover but a very strong frame and has proven to be a champ in any weather but I don't need to worry much about powerful hailstorms.
A hard cover might be better under those conditions, especially if you rarely garage your truck.
Hard, soft, or retractable, all the major brands are used by forums members, and most are very happy with their purchase. You can pick any brand and do a search and find enough info to keep you reading well until the early morning.

Home of the Free, because of the Brave!
rollinhonda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #4
golf3sc
2008 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

I can only voice my experience. When I bought my truck, it had the rails already installed for the OE tonneau. With much effort, I actually found a used OE tonneau, installed it. I like it. BUT IT IS NOT WATER TIGHT!!! I would have gone a different route if I had the choice.
golf3sc is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #5
rollinhonda
2010 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

Actually, if I was buying again, I'd look carefully at the Peragon. Very interesting design!

Old 01-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #6
DeuceRon
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2011 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

I don't think any of them are completely water tight so don't look for that option. Rollinhonda is right on the money. There are different applications for different uses. I did hear some horror stories about one of the alluminum covers denting fairly easily so I would stay away from that one.
Good luck!

2011 Ridgeline RTL Nav - Dark Cherry - OEM hood shield, OEM roof rack, Husky floor mats, S5 Dude's custom sills and plate frame, bed graphics, Truxedo cover, vent visors, Raptor stainless tubes, Dee Zee mat, Infinity Reference dash tweets, Sportwings, OEM rear seat mat, 20" TSW Vortex Wheels and Nitto NT 404 Tires, Rampage LED tailgate bar, Stainless bull bar

2007 Lexus RX350
2008 Roush 427R Mustang
1932 Ford Deuce Coupe (sold)
1997 Corvette
DeuceRon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 08:08 AM   #7
Rickman
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club
2007 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Thumbs up Re: Tonneau Covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinhonda View Post
It all depends on how you plan to use it and under what conditions. I have an Extang Trifecta Signature,. It is a soft cover but a very strong frame and has proven to be a champ in any weather but I don't need to worry much about powerful hailstorms.
A hard cover might be better under those conditions, especially if you rarely garage your truck.
Hard, soft, or retractable, all the major brands are used by forums members, and most are very happy with their purchase. You can pick any brand and do a search and find enough info to keep you reading well until the early morning.
I too have the Extang tri-fold soft top and 3 winters later, still looks fantastick!

The one really convenient thing a sof top, is you can remove it in under a minute to load the truck, and if your on the road, it will easily fit in your back seat.!

No regrets!

My other ride is my Bicycle!
Rickman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 09:57 AM   #8
rollinhonda
2010 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

I agree, and after 2+ years still looks new.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:08 PM   #9
Zenfly
2011 RT
Crystal Black Pearl

I decided on a BackFlip G2 which allow me to open the truck almost to the open position. Other rail system had a bigger impact on how much the truck could be opened. [IMG]C:\Users\Dales Laptop\Pictures\Photo Stream\My Photo Stream[/IMG]
Zenfly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2013, 06:45 PM   #10
DRUMER66
2012 RTL
Formal Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanKosmann View Post
Hey guys! I've been all over the forum looking at different covers, I'm hoping to bring a lot of the information together in this thread and maybe update. The #1 thing I'm trying to track down is the best cover in terms of waterproof capabilities! So let the information start flowing!
I have the Extang - Solid Fold... i love it ---$$$ is a around 780,00... its a hard top .. folds back twice... its sold as hell... not sure of the weight specs as far as what you can put on top of it if needed,,,, but im sure i a couple hundred pounds or something ... easy install... 95 % water proof, only leaks in slightly around the back corners.. but i was also sent some special foam pads from the manufacturer which should seal up a bit more... looks great... i will attach photos... i even just installed a POP N LOCK this weekend.... now its a secure storage area underneith too ...
Attached Images

DRUMER66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Accessories

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.