NFL talk - Page 23 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > ROC Member Central > The Ridge - Off-Topic Discussions

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 01-16-2013, 07:15 PM   #221
TarheelGrad1998
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club
2008 RTL
Steel Blue Metallic

Re: NFL talk

If you want to go for the conspiracies, go for the all Harbaugh Super Bowl. Alternately, the Tony Gonzalez - Ray Lewis retirement Super Bowl.
TarheelGrad1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #222
K-Dog7469
ROC Rank: Senior
2007 RTS
Alabaster Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarheelGrad1998 View Post
If you want to go for the conspiracies, go for the all Harbaugh Super Bowl. Alternately, the Tony Gonzalez - Ray Lewis retirement Super Bowl.

Ya know, as much as I want an all Harbaugh super bowl, you bring up a point I had not considered.

Not that I think for a remote second, not for a remote fraction of a second, that Jim would "throw the game" so John can give the win to Ray upon his retirement. Reality is more than a few people would claim as much.

Sad.

ASE master collision repair certified.
I-CAR Platinum structural certified.
K-Dog7469 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 11:07 AM   #223
IanRTL
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

I'm torn all over the place. If I have to hear "all Harbaugh Super Bowl" over and over again, I'll probably find the nearest bridge. I don't mind the 9ers much, but I don't want to see them tie my Stillers for the most SB victories, either. I can't cheer for either the Ravens or the Patriots. Saying I'd rather have either of them in the SB is like saying I'd rather be punched in the face than kicked in the junk. I really like Tony Gonzalez both as a player and from what I've seen in interviews off the field. REAL stand up guy. I wouldn't mind seeing him get that SB win to end his career, but I just can't see the Falcons doing it. Although that is the best alternative to me, I just don't think anyone is going to touch what the 49ers are doing right now. It is exciting to think that all four teams have almost an equal chance of winning it all. Fun times over the next few weeks.
Westin chrome tube steps, AVS vent visors, AVS bug shield, blue LED interior switches, LED interior/exterior lights, Weathertech floor mats, Extang Trifecta soft tonneau cover, Pioneer AVH-P4400BH bypassed head unit, Metra Axxess ASWC, Jensen Carbon 65C components, Jensen Power 400 2ch bridged amp, 10" Boss Onyx shallow sub in custom behind-seat enclosure, FatMat sound deadening, Koolertron backup camera
IanRTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #224
laserguy
ROC Rank: 5k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Other

It's nice to dream. Our heads fight our hearts about who will win or could win.

The best team not always wins, I'm happy I don't have to fight my head or heart cause I have a favorite one already
laserguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 09:12 PM   #225
FTM1
2007 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

Location: Washington, DC & Southern Maryland Pax River Naval Air Station

The bums from Baltimore are going to the bowl I got to hear this stuff for two weeks. They can be beat my Redskins did it not to long ago.
BED EXTENDER +BODY COLORED SIDE PROTECTERS 35% Tint 2 sides OEM Hood Air Deflector/ Covercraft model UV10938 HEATSHIELD/OEM Window Visors+Moonroof Visor+ Under-Seat Storage Tray/LRV ProTecta Heavy Weight Bed Mat #LV6968 /Wet Okole Hawaii Seat Covers
Honda Ridgeline Truck Utility with Crossover DriveAbility
2000 ACURA 3.2TL Navi NighthawkBlack Ebony
FTM1/ FRED
FTM1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 01:40 AM   #226
laserguy
ROC Rank: 5k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Other

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanRTL View Post
I'm torn all over the place. If I have to hear "all Harbaugh Super Bowl" over and over again, I'll probably find the nearest bridge. I don't mind the 9ers much, but I don't want to see them tie my Stillers for the most SB victories, either. I can't cheer for either the Ravens or the Patriots. Saying I'd rather have either of them in the SB is like saying I'd rather be punched in the face than kicked in the junk. I really like Tony Gonzalez both as a player and from what I've seen in interviews off the field. REAL stand up guy. I wouldn't mind seeing him get that SB win to end his career, but I just can't see the Falcons doing it. Although that is the best alternative to me, I just don't think anyone is going to touch what the 49ers are doing right now. It is exciting to think that all four teams have almost an equal chance of winning it all. Fun times over the next few weeks.
Sorry Ian that pretty much nothing went the way you wanted. I hope the best team in the last game wins. If the niners loose it's gonna be the first time they loose a Super Bowl game, it's very possible. I kind of would have preffered the Patriots for their their weaknesses. It's going to be a tough game.
laserguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #227
rollinhonda
ROC Rank: Comma Club HOF 10,000+
2010 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

I briefly thought of a Harbaugh conspiracy also. But sometimes a coincidence is only that.
It should be one hell of a game.

Honda North, ClovisCA Sales 4 Service 3.5
Private Mechs:
Kurata Automotive, Fresno
Charlies Automotive, Clovis

Home of the Free, because of the Brave!
rollinhonda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 11:19 AM   #228
IanRTL
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserguy View Post
Sorry Ian that pretty much nothing went the way you wanted. I hope the best team in the last game wins. If the niners loose it's gonna be the first time they loose a Super Bowl game, it's very possible. I kind of would have preffered the Patriots for their their weaknesses. It's going to be a tough game.
Needless to say, I'm not happy at all, but I'm not surprised either. Baltimore still has a great defense and Flacco had a good game. That's basically what it takes to beat the Patriots - throw on them and slow down their offense.

I'm even more torn now. I usually root for the AFC in the Super Bowl if the Steelers aren't in it, but I just don't think I have it in me to get behind the Ravens (Sorry, K-dog). On the other hand, as much as I don't care for Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, you have to respect what they've done on the field. And, I certainly don't want the 49ers to win and tie the Steelers for most SB wins. Either way it goes, I'm going to be somewhat satisfied and greatly upset at the same time.
Westin chrome tube steps, AVS vent visors, AVS bug shield, blue LED interior switches, LED interior/exterior lights, Weathertech floor mats, Extang Trifecta soft tonneau cover, Pioneer AVH-P4400BH bypassed head unit, Metra Axxess ASWC, Jensen Carbon 65C components, Jensen Power 400 2ch bridged amp, 10" Boss Onyx shallow sub in custom behind-seat enclosure, FatMat sound deadening, Koolertron backup camera
IanRTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #229
K-Dog7469
ROC Rank: Senior
2007 RTS
Alabaster Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTM1 View Post
The bums from Baltimore are going to the bowl I got to hear this stuff for two weeks. They can be beat my Redskins did it not to long ago.
Bums ?

Isnt there some crazy stat that the Skins have beaten the eventual super bowl winner like eight times in the past ten years ?

ASE master collision repair certified.
I-CAR Platinum structural certified.
K-Dog7469 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 06:59 PM   #230
FTM1
2007 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

Location: Washington, DC & Southern Maryland Pax River Naval Air Station

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dog7469 View Post
Bums ?

Isnt there some crazy stat that the Skins have beaten the eventual super bowl winner like eight times in the past ten years ?
Not sure about that but we beat New York Giants twice last year & they won the super bowl the year before we beat the Packers & they went on to win. So if Baltimore wins we beat them this year.
BED EXTENDER +BODY COLORED SIDE PROTECTERS 35% Tint 2 sides OEM Hood Air Deflector/ Covercraft model UV10938 HEATSHIELD/OEM Window Visors+Moonroof Visor+ Under-Seat Storage Tray/LRV ProTecta Heavy Weight Bed Mat #LV6968 /Wet Okole Hawaii Seat Covers
Honda Ridgeline Truck Utility with Crossover DriveAbility
2000 ACURA 3.2TL Navi NighthawkBlack Ebony
FTM1/ FRED
FTM1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > ROC Member Central > The Ridge - Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.