Not enough heat in cabin - Page 5 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Problems & Issues

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 01-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #41
northernlights
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2006 RTS
Steel Blue / Gray

Re: Not enough heat in cabin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUinaRidge View Post
Driving Gravel roads tends to plug up the cabin filters... and need changing the cabin filter more often.
I drive plenty of gravel roads and have only changed my cabin filter three times in seven years. Heats fine, no dust or smells in cabin eitheir. Truck still looks new. I dont see how it could be the filter. Dont follow anyone close if drivin gravel roads or be in front and should be fine.
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 02:45 PM   #42
ktm_525
ROC Rank: Freshman
2011 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

My 2011 has been fine on cross prairie trips at minus 30. It was able to keep the cabin toasty and frost free for 6+ hours. I don't think 10 mintues is enough time to fully warm especially if it has been sitting at -30.

An old school trick is a piece of cardboard over the grill to limit the -30 degree air blasting into the rad. My old Toyota truck required the cardboard below -25.
ktm_525 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 03:54 PM   #43
jeb
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2008 LX
Formal Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm_525 View Post
My 2011 has been fine on cross prairie trips at minus 30. It was able to keep the cabin toasty and frost free for 6+ hours. I don't think 10 mintues is enough time to fully warm especially if it has been sitting at -30.

An old school trick is a piece of cardboard over the grill to limit the -30 degree air blasting into the rad. My old Toyota truck required the cardboard below -25.
I see that a lot up here. It seems some auto companies make either a big pad to cover the front or they make a grill that has next to no air flow vents on it so it really restricts the air flow. Havent seen anything like that for the RL tho...

Previous Rides:
2010 Honda Civic Sport, 2003 Acura MDX, 2005 Acura TL, 1998 Accord V6 EXL, 1995 Accord EX (x3), 1995 Acura Integra
jeb is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 10:33 PM   #44
Truckin'
ROC Rank: 5k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

If you, or a subsequent reader with a similar problem, want to change your air filter, here is the link to the tutorial thread. It's easy and cheap to do yourself. Do not pay your dealer to do this simple task.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/f...ead.php?t=9130
'06 Steel BLUE RTL with NAV, OEM roof rack, running boards, backup camera, hitch, rear mud guards, air deflector, underseat storage, body side moldings, pin stripes, decals, Doggie Deck, Retrax, vent visors, bull bar, dash plate, tubular hitch step, XM!!
Truckin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2013, 05:55 AM   #45
PJH
ROC Rank: Freshman
2011 DX
Crystal Black Pearl

Thanks Truckin' that's great.
PJH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Problems & Issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.