The Competition is getting warmer. 2014 Chevrolet Colorado - Page 2 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > ROC Member Central > Other Cars, Trucks and Bikes


RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 09:39 PM   #11
franc944
ROC Rank: Senior
2006 RTL
Billet Silver Metallic
 
franc944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wethersfield, CT
Posts: 607
Send a message via AIM to franc944
Thumbs down Re: The Competition is getting warmer. 2014 Chevrolet Colorado

The Colorado 5 cyl was a real POS.

Don't even think about plowing with that 5cyl rig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethard728 View Post
You must of got a lemon if you disliked the 4.3. Those things were one of the most "bulletproof" engines I have ever seen. Torque was right were it needed to be to pull good and all of mine did exceptional for MPG for the size of vehicle. I know several people in the 300K-400K range without repairs and one guy went over 500K without repair in a 92 C1500 W/T. I think the tranny finally shelled out at 565K ish.
__________________
2006 Silver RTL Navi, rear camera, oem step tubes, oem bug deflector, oem bed extender, and eBay 4 piece grill insert.
franc944 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-22-2013, 10:40 PM   #12
JAG54321
ROC Rank: Freshman
2006 RTS
Billet Silver / Gray
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Nepa
Posts: 84
Re: The Competition is getting warmer. 2014 Chevrolet Colorado

Ehhh... I'm a big Chevy person. I had A 2005 cobaltss supercharged. I loved the looks and the performance was astounding with full exhaust intake, staged upgrades from GM performance. Fast little car!! TERRIBLE quality of interior materials on every aspect of the car. Every button, every surface, quality of the material of the seats.... Any item relating to fit and finish seemed like it was meant to break over and over again and/or Fade, crack, etc.!!! I babied this car and took care of it immaculately especially working as an auto detailed for years while I owned it. But it was the main reason why I bought a Honda! So it hurts me to say bad things about Chevy but they deserve it!
What does anyone think of the 2013? S-10? Is that a concept or is it in production yet? I'm not sure what to make of it. It seems strange to me but I could see it growing on me. If only all the materials used to manufacture almost the entire truck excluding the engine and transmission weren't meant to last for 1 year at the most or 15000 miles!
JAG54321 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 03:47 AM   #13
speedlever
Moderator
2008 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic
 
speedlever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 17,001
Re: The Competition is getting warmer. 2014 Chevrolet Colorado

I dunno. Seems to me like some of these would be fun for a night but I wouldn't want to marry 'em.
__________________
2008 Ridgeline RTS in BSM


2006 Pilot EXL-RES in BSM
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 05:51 AM   #14
crimsonaudio
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club
2008 RTX
Dark Cherry Pearl
 
crimsonaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,243
Re: The Competition is getting warmer. 2014 Chevrolet Colorado

I'd have to give it about five years to see if reliability wasn't still an issue with GM, but right now a majority of GM owners I know have had some sort of issue with their new(isn) autos and trucks. No thanks.
__________________
FatBob's 2" lift, Nitto Terra Grappler 265/65-17, front and rear skid plates

crimsonaudio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 10:01 AM   #15
Bethard728
ROC Rank: Junior
2008 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Litchfield, IL
Posts: 317
Re: The Competition is getting warmer. 2014 Chevrolet Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG54321 View Post
Ehhh... I'm a big Chevy person. I had A 2005 cobaltss supercharged. I loved the looks and the performance was astounding with full exhaust intake, staged upgrades from GM performance. Fast little car!! TERRIBLE quality of interior materials on every aspect of the car. Every button, every surface, quality of the material of the seats.... Any item relating to fit and finish seemed like it was meant to break over and over again and/or Fade, crack, etc.!!! I babied this car and took care of it immaculately especially working as an auto detailed for years while I owned it. But it was the main reason why I bought a Honda! So it hurts me to say bad things about Chevy but they deserve it!
What does anyone think of the 2013? S-10? Is that a concept or is it in production yet? I'm not sure what to make of it. It seems strange to me but I could see it growing on me. If only all the materials used to manufacture almost the entire truck excluding the engine and transmission weren't meant to last for 1 year at the most or 15000 miles!
Im with you 100% on fit, finish, and interior quality on a lot of GM's. I have found you have to go up in class to get any kind of quality. I have been very pleased with finish on trucks and SUV's. My 03 Yukon that is pushing 200K is still way "tighter" and way less rattly than my Ridge was at 100K. But....with that being said, the Yukon and Ridgeline are not even in the same classs. Comparing a Colorado and a Ridge is a different story. Much like the Civic and the Cobalt. You had to go up into the Malibu or Impala in order to get similar quality interior to the civic.
Bethard728 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #16
gene r
ROC Rank: Senior
2006 RTL
Amazon Green / Olive
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 886
Re: The Competition is getting warmer. 2014 Chevrolet Colorado

If my daughters 2010 Equinox is any example of Chevy quality I wouldn't think twice about buying one. At 36,000 miles not one problem. Doesn't rattle at all and is a pleasure to drive. I'm convinced at this point that Honda is living on its reputation. Not ONE significant improvement in the RL in 8 model years. Pathetic.
gene r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 11:59 AM   #17
Bethard728
ROC Rank: Junior
2008 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Litchfield, IL
Posts: 317
Re: The Competition is getting warmer. 2014 Chevrolet Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene r View Post
If my daughters 2010 Equinox is any example of Chevy quality I wouldn't think twice about buying one. At 36,000 miles not one problem. Doesn't rattle at all and is a pleasure to drive. I'm convinced at this point that Honda is living on its reputation. Not ONE significant improvement in the RL in 8 model years. Pathetic.
I think GM along with the other US automakers have REALLY stepped it up in the last 3 or 4 years. IMO, the Equinox, Malibu, Cruze, Impala, and the entire full size linup are at the top in their respective classes.
Bethard728 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #18
Ian Brantford
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club
2009 VP
Sterling Gray Metallic
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,453
Re: The Competition is getting warmer. 2014 Chevrolet Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
I'd have to give it about five years to see if reliability wasn't still an issue with GM, but right now a majority of GM owners I know have had some sort of issue with their new(isn) autos and trucks. No thanks.
I'd give it ten years. Five years would just be the tip of the iceberg in terms of consumer complaints.

I've heard the song and dance that sounds like "sure, we sold you garbage for the last few decades, but we've miraculously fixed it with the new generation of our products" too many times to believe it without evidence. I'm talking about long-time owner reports in aggregate, such as from Consumer Reports or from fleet data.

The 2008 recession is just the kind of trauma that it takes to push for major institutional change, for those reluctant to adapt. I am prepared to entertain the thought that Ford has made major strides, mainly because it appeared to already be underway before the recession. I do not extend even tepid credit to GM or Chrysler in this regard.
Ian Brantford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #19
rollinhonda
ROC Rank: 9k Comma Club
2010 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl
 
rollinhonda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fresno-Clovis, CA
Posts: 9,802
Re: The Competition is getting warmer. 2014 Chevrolet Colorado

The present Colorado is a much simpler vehicle. No IRS, no AWD, etc. Nothing very special about it, and yet has a dismal record of reliability.
They need to do more than just throw new engines, etc. at it. That's just putting lipstick on the pig.
__________________


Honda North, Clovis CA Sales 4 Service 3.5
Private Mechs:
Kurata Automotive, Fresno
Charlies Automotive, Clovis


Home of the Free, because of the Brave!
rollinhonda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 08:46 PM   #20
Jimmyglendale
ROC Rank: Junior
2009 RT
Billet Silver Metallic
 
Jimmyglendale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 315
Send a message via ICQ to Jimmyglendale
Re: The Competition is getting warmer. 2014 Chevrolet Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinhonda View Post
The present Colorado is a much simpler vehicle. No IRS, no AWD, etc. Nothing very special about it, and yet has a dismal record of reliability.
They need to do more than just throw new engines, etc. at it. That's just putting lipstick on the pig.
i always liked the 4.3 v6 engines, they would pull like a bat out of hell.

I hear the colorado 5 cyl. is a total pos.

different engines are a step in the right direction.
__________________
1946 Ford truck streetrod crate motor 410 hosses

1947 ford coupe black/flamed crate motor 330 hosses

1964 Impala 2dr. hardtop 454 big block Air/bagged
Jimmyglendale is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > ROC Member Central > Other Cars, Trucks and Bikes

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HondaLink for 2014 Ridgeline Lifesaver1 Dear Honda: (Feedback Forum) 3 01-13-2013 04:42 PM
2014 Silverado zroger73 Other Cars, Trucks and Bikes 21 12-26-2012 09:57 AM
So what's going to go in the middle switch hole (between seat warmer switches)? John32070 Miscellaneous/General Honda Ridgeline Discussions 22 06-03-2011 03:17 PM
WHat goes in between the the seat warmer buttons I have the RTL KrazieZ Interior 5 06-29-2008 12:06 PM
Does your Ridgeline Perform Better as the weather gets warmer? chisoxjim Under The Hood / Performance 7 04-18-2006 08:17 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:43 AM.



Views and opinions expressed on this forum are not necessarily those held by Autoforums, Inc. or forum management.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.