Considering parting ways :( - Page 3 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Shoppin' and Test Drivin'

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 12-31-2012, 06:53 PM   #21
KWbuilder
ROC Rank: Freshman
2011 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Billet Silver Metallic

Re: Considering parting ways :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberdog View Post
I do hits cheap! J/K. Your going to need that to pick up chicks. Good luck, the New Year is almost here.
Can you PM me your number? Lmao! Thanks for the kinds words bro!

2013 Honda CRV EX AWD Polished metal metallic
KWbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2012, 06:58 PM   #22
KWbuilder
Billet Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Ridge View Post
Sorry to hear of a fellow RL owner giving up his ride! I hope 2013 is a better year. I lost both of my parents over the last 2 months and am selling their 2007 Rav. It has 26K miles and is in great shape. It is the 4 cyl 2.4 litter AT 2WD. Garage kept and no wrecks as well as a southern car (no rust). I am asking $14,750 (OBO). Just a thought....
Really sorry to hear about your recent losses man....That can be pretty tough. I appreciate you running that by me but with where I live the 4wd really is almost a must. Looks and sounds like a sweet deal for someone though! Good luck and stay strong! Hopefully 2013 will be a much better year for us both!

Old 12-31-2012, 07:38 PM   #23
John's Ridge
ROC Rank: Junior
2008 RTS
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Wink Re: Considering parting ways :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWbuilder View Post
Really sorry to hear about your recent losses man....That can be pretty tough. I appreciate you running that by me but with where I live the 4wd really is almost a must. Looks and sounds like a sweet deal for someone though! Good luck and stay strong! Hopefully 2013 will be a much better year for us both!
Thanks!! Mom and dad's health really went down hill over the last 3 years so they are in a better place and without pain!! I figured you may want to have 4WD. Best to you and getting on with your life....
John's Ridge Mods inc: Roof Rack, Black Nerf Bars, Hood Deflector, Window Visors, Access Roll Up Tonneau Cover, BedRug, John Made Trunk Cover and Dividers, ExactSeat Covers, Reciever, S5 Dude goodies (Cubby Cover, Sill Plates, Front and Rear License Holders), Scanguage, Weathertech Mats, Alpine door speakers.:
John's Ridge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 03:27 AM   #24
KWbuilder
Billet Silver Metallic

Just thought I would update everyone. The whole carmax thing was a bust. They only offered $21,000. About the best trade in offer I have gotten is $22,800. KBB has mine at $24,500 trade in so I'm not really liking these offers. Maybe I am asking too much. My truck is absolutely immaculate and I am a freak about detailing so I don't want to give it away. May try to sell it outright and see whaere that takes me.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #25
doublesharp
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2008 RTL
White / Beige

I've gotten good results on the ebay free classifieds. It goes out 200 or 250 miles from your zip, I forget the details but it is a regular ad with all the photos you care to post and no word limit on the description. The ad runs 7 days and is a pure classified, no auction. You put your price and a phone #. I've also sold on Craigslist with good results and it's also free.
doublesharp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2013, 05:16 AM   #26
WNY PAT
ROC Rank: Senior
2013 RTL
Crystal Black Pearl

First, sorry my man! Double knife - and that sucks! It's always better to find out today so you can begin a new (and better) life tomorrow I guess. And with kids involved, boy does that complicate things! Ill be thinking of you and the little ones!

As for the RL, I gotta agree with some of the advice you've gotten about weighing out all the variables. Where I live in NYS, our sales tax is 8% so I always consider trade offers as the offer plus 8 percent (since I only pay tax on the difference in cost between my trade and the value of the new car). I realize you are in the unusual spot of trading a more expensive ride for a less expensive ride but if you end up trading for a $16,000 car, the math isn't completely different at least... although a bit less in your favor for sure. In that regard, the trade in and private party value are close enough where to me, they are about equal in that if you are paying 7% or 8% tax, is it really worth the hassle of coordinating your own sale for $100 or $200? I also add that the risks of buying used at a car lot, even reputable big name places, are very real. A lot of their cars still come from auction with no maintenance history and with Sandy so recent and close by, some of those cars (the underinsured ones) are going to start showing up in neighboring states. I guess that's the log way of me saying that at least you know what you've got with the RL. Unless you were trading for something less expensive but brand new, I'd say try to stick with the paid off RL. But that easy for me to say and justify... good luck with everything!!
2012 RL RTS (Sold)

Last edited by WNY PAT; 01-26-2013 at 05:22 AM.
WNY PAT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #27
KWbuilder
Billet Silver Metallic

Thanks for the kind words and input WNY PAT!!! I have to be honest in saying I didn't realize how the whole tax things worked until I went to work a deal on a used CRV. The sales manager actually asked me to maybe consider a new CRV. I wouldn't be walking away with any cash but I would be starting at 0 miles in a great vehicle with great mpg. The only thing is I would have be going in debt about $2000 after all was said and done. Not a bad deal really. With the tax issue it would take a really good deal on a used vehicle to make it worthy of doing. A deal that I am not likely to find on a CRV or Rav4. If I could go back to a car I would consider a new Accord sport and save even more money. Just don't know if I could go back to a car. I'm still mulling all my options over and not gonna rush into a decision I might regret. Decisions decision........

I do appreciate and enjoy everyone's opinions!!

Old 01-27-2013, 10:40 AM   #28
ff157
2011 RT
Dark Cherry Pearl

Smart move Kwbuilder in not making any rash decisions and taking your time. I was always told not to make any important decisions when under stress or going through a difficult time. Take a step back, look at all your options, listen to people that care about you,and do what you think is best fo YOU. Good luck to you brother, and hang in there.
ff157 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #29
tiggar
2012 RT
White/Grey

sorry to hear it KWbuilder, hope things work out for you in 2013.....
tiggar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #30
KWbuilder
Billet Silver Metallic

Well I did it last night....traded the RL for a new 2013 CRV. It ended up being about $1800 difference between the two but by the time I get my refund for my extended warranty it will cut that down to about an $800 difference. The new CRV is a great vehicle but I know I will miss the RL. Hopefully Honda will keep the RL going and maybe someday I can get back into another one. Thanks for all the help in this thread and over the past year and a half!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Shoppin' and Test Drivin'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.