Raptor 4 Inch Oval Stainless Nerf Bars - Review & Install - Page 9 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Accessories

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 02-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #81
YW84U
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2009 RTL
Sterling Gray Metallic

Re: Raptor 4 Inch Oval Stainless Nerf Bars - Review & Install

Hi Hamhocs,

I don't recall specifically why I went longer, but likely all I could find locally at the were the 35mm in stock. From what I recall, either one will work fine as there is plenty of depth to the frame mounting points on the RL.

Cheers,

Tom
YW84U is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 01:01 AM   #82
AWILLIAMS64
2010 RT
Crystal Black Pearl

the company says they are going to send me out a new set, they are just backordered right now. I will see if i have to send the others back and pay shipping...so i will wait and see what happens. If i get to keep the others, i am going to sand them down and repaint them. I have a friend that works in a powder coating shop, so i may see if he can redo them, and if nothing else, as easy as they are to take off, run the old ones in the winter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YW84U View Post
That really sucks! You may want to check into the warranty from Raptor:

http://www.raptorseries.com/warranty.php

I bought the stainless ones, and they are still fine - I've only noticed some rust starting on the black metal brackets. I figure with rock chips and damage this is to be expected, so I'll probably repaint them later this year. The stainless bolts are holding up as good as new, so I'm definitely glad I changed them out.

Good Luck with the inquiries, and maybe post back what you hear.

And I just registered mine a few minutes ago! (Didn't have that option a couple years ago....)

Cheers,

Tom
AWILLIAMS64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 09:30 AM   #83
AWILLIAMS64
2010 RT
Crystal Black Pearl

i got a new set of steps today directly from raptor. They may have rusted, but their customer service is top notch. I think i am going to wax these steps more often to see if that may help.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:04 PM   #84
DeuceRon
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2011 RTL
Dark Cherry Pearl

After reading the warranty, it appears as though I have some of the so called 'surface rust' and it should be removed without incident on the stainless ones. Let's hope that's all it is..

2011 Ridgeline RTL Nav - Dark Cherry - OEM hood shield, OEM roof rack, Husky floor mats, S5 Dude's custom sills and plate frame, bed graphics, Truxedo cover, vent visors, Raptor stainless tubes, Dee Zee mat, Infinity Reference dash tweets, Sportwings, OEM rear seat mat, 20" TSW Vortex Wheels and Nitto NT 404 Tires, Rampage LED tailgate bar, Stainless bull bar

2007 Lexus RX350
2008 Roush 427R Mustang
1932 Ford Deuce Coupe (sold)
1997 Corvette
DeuceRon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2013, 05:38 AM   #85
IN_Darel
2012 RTS
Crystal Black Pearl

I've been kicking around the purchase of Stainless 4" oval Raptors, but like many others that have posted, I want black to go with my Crystal Black Pearl paint. Has anyone concidered powder coating the stainless tubes to get the color they want and the rust protection of the stainless?
IN_Darel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2013, 07:21 PM   #86
lynnp
ROC Rank: Freshman
2012 RTL
White/Grey

Awesome post, Tom. I installed my Raptor bars today and have never worked on a car (beyond changing the oil or a flat tire, or filling washer fluid). The tip alone about pushing in the middle of the plugs before popping them out was a literal revelation to me :^)

As I was aligning the bolts and tightening them down (with a regular old clicky ratchet, as I call it), my husband put the power driver to everything. He felt this was necessary. Now they're a tad wonky, but I'll fix them Monday when he goes to work (assuming I can even loosen the bolts).

I think all black would have looked better on Moby (white), but I liked the idea of stainless.
lynnp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2013, 09:39 AM   #87
Rickman
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club
2007 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Nimbus Gray Metallic

lynn, the black probably would look better, but the stainless steel ones won't rust in a few years, like the black ones do. Depending were you live I suppose, like here in Canada

My other ride is my Bicycle!
Rickman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2014, 10:48 PM   #88
AWILLIAMS64
2010 RT
Crystal Black Pearl

not sure if I am just unlucky or what, I am on my second set of the black raptors and they have rusted just as bad as the last ones. They have only been on about a year, but the salt has been horrible here in ohio this year. Rusting at the end caps and at the steps again. Not sure if its worth contacting raptor again. THey sent me a new set at no charge the first time I sent pics to them from the rusting. I guess I should have bout stainless or the oem Honda ones.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:58 PM   #89
4LINEX

Yep, if salt is an issue, go with stainless steel. Or, have the black ones (which are powdercoated mild steel) coated with LINE-X.

You also have to worry about the mounting hardware which is usually not stainless steel, it's usually galvanized steel. These brands do offer all stainless steel hardware: Nasta, Westin E-Series with optional stainless steel hardware.
4LINEX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Accessories

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.