Pimp Your Factory Sound In 15 minutes - Page 56 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 02-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #551
IanRTL
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Pimp Your Factory Sound In 15 minutes

Oh man. S2k to a RL? That's a bit of a change! Welcome to the club and happy modding.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Westin chrome tube steps, AVS vent visors, AVS bug shield, blue LED interior switches, LED interior/exterior lights, Weathertech floor mats, Extang Trifecta soft tonneau cover, Pioneer AVH-P4400BH bypassed head unit, Metra Axxess ASWC, Jensen Carbon 65C components, Jensen Power 400 2ch bridged amp, 10" Boss Onyx shallow sub in custom behind-seat enclosure, FatMat sound deadening, Koolertron backup camera
IanRTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 06:56 AM   #552
coolbob
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2012 RTL
White/Grey

Re: Pimp Your Factory Sound In 15 minutes

Kalibo, I'm going to second IanRTL's suggestion that you install the tweeters first.

If you are still itching to do the door speakers, order a couple of Dynamat door kits from Amazon (much cheaper than Crutchfield) and install the dynamat and speakers together.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/f...=gt6-6+dynamat

If you decide not to install the door speakers, just call Crutchfield and tell them you changed your mind, they will gladly take them back and refund your money.

2012 RTL/Navi
USA SPEC PA15-Hon2 iPod Adapter
Rear Splash Guards
Hertz D16 Dash Tweeters (used from ROC member)
JBL GT6-6 Speakers (4)
Dynamat added to doors
BedRug (floor and tailgate only)
BakFlip G2 (used from ROC member)
Weathertech Mats (front and rear)
DynoLock tailgate lock installed
Electric Pop&Lock replaced failed DynoLock
Figgs hood prop kit (NIB from ROC member)
coolbob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 12:51 PM   #553
IanRTL
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Pimp Your Factory Sound In 15 minutes

I would also suggest Fatmat. It's pretty good stuff and its much less expensive than dynamat comparatively. It's available on eBay and amazon. I used it on my truck and am happy with the results. I got 25 sq ft and was able to do the entire back wall and both front doors - one layer on all - with it. I think it was less than $50.

Westin chrome tube steps, AVS vent visors, AVS bug shield, blue LED interior switches, LED interior/exterior lights, Weathertech floor mats, Extang Trifecta soft tonneau cover, Pioneer AVH-P4400BH bypassed head unit, Metra Axxess ASWC, Jensen Carbon 65C components, Jensen Power 400 2ch bridged amp, 10" Boss Onyx shallow sub in custom behind-seat enclosure, FatMat sound deadening, Koolertron backup camera
Old 02-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #554
Kalibo
ROC Rank: Freshman
2009 RTL
Bali Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanRTL View Post
Oh man. S2k to a RL? That's a bit of a change! Welcome to the club and happy modding.

Oh no. I still have the S2K. I DD'd a Ranger for 2 years and now that the S is paid off, I traded the Ranger for the Ridgeline. The S is my play car. Because I don't DD it, my insurances is only $300/year. Now I just need to get my wife out of the Mercury Mariner and into a Pilot.

Kalibo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #555
IanRTL
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Very nice! That's a nice lookin' Ridge. The Mariner just doesn't seem to fit. A buddy of mine at work drives one. I've ridden in it a few times and it just doesn't compare with the build quality of a Pilot or Ridgeline. Looks like a little work has been done on that S, too. Exhaust and a few other goodies maybe? I had the privilege of riding in one about 7-8 years ago. I believe it was a 2006 model. I say riding because I'm not great a driving a stick. There wouldn't have been much clutch left when I was done with it. As is was, the guy who was driving was VERY good at it. I've been in several great cars in my day, but that thing was the most fun I've ever had being in a vehicle. It handled unbelievably well and the power was awesome for being N/A. A friend of mine had a Mazdaspeed 3 and that was probably the only one I can say could compare with the handling and fun-factor of the S2000. Anyways... sorry to get off-topic. Glad to have you on the site!
Old 02-13-2013, 08:24 AM   #556
Kalibo
ROC Rank: Freshman
2009 RTL
Bali Blue Pearl

Thanks. Yeah, the Mariner is not up to par. Its an '09 and has 38k miles and we've already had to replace a few things on it. The RL is the same year and has 33k miles and looks brand new while the Mariner looks older than it is. Oh well......

Back on topic now. Sorry to Hijack.....
Kalibo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 10:20 PM   #557
Northwood
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserguy View Post
By removing the dash tweeters in the steps below as pictured and install the after market tweeters, you will improve the sound of your factory system, you may notice not only clearer more defined sound but also find the bass even better once you complete these installation.

Factory Wiring Color Code for the front speakers and tweeters

BLUE Front passenger door speaker (+) Right tweeter (+)
RED Front passenger door speaker (-) Right tweeter (-)

LT GREEN Driverís door speaker (+) Left tweeter (+)
PURPLE Driverís door speaker (-) Left tweeter (-)
laserguy,
Thanks.
Just replaced my tweeters with Infinity 1031t.
Taped them in the factory grills.
Amazon Amazon
Definitely worth $40.
Could never pull the trigger on an audio update because the Ridgeline sounded "good enough".
You are right, the sound, including the bass, is more refined.
And of course the treble is much better!
This is a perfect start for anybody on the fence about bettering the Ridgeline sound (with factory sub) easily and inexpensively.
Northwood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #558
Hamhocs
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2013 SPORT
Crystal Black Pearl

Just put in the Infinitys. If you really want to tell the difference, throw in some classic Van Halen. Thanks for this thread laserguy!
Hamhocs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #559
tpevehouse
ROC Rank: Senior
2009 RT
Dark Cherry Pearl

On a side note, I can't believe this thread is at almost 60 pages. I remember when laser made it before I did my speakers... I feel old now.
Sony XAV601BT, Polk DB coaxial/sail tweets, Dynamat, V-LED Ext./Int./Dash, GE NightHawk Platinum, Plastidiped Steels/Grill, Duralast Platinum AGM, OEM Tow Harness/Rear Mud Guards, Weathertech F&R Mats/Visors/Bug Shield.
tpevehouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #560
laserguy
ROC Rank: 5k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Other

Im glad to keep seeing more happy members posting here sharing their satisfaction with the simple upgrade.
laserguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.