Vote em out! - Page 1293 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > ROC Member Central > The Ridge - Off-Topic Discussions

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #12921
B43
Banned
2006 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

Re: Vote em out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedlever View Post
Even you, oh mighty and all-knowing B43, do not know what goes on via PM. Nor will you unless it is directed to you.

'Nuff said.
You're right. What you do with your buddies in private is your own business.
B43 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #12922
k757
The Spoolin' Moderator
2006 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Redrock Pearl / Beige

k757 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 03:03 PM   #12923
speedlever
2008 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by B43 View Post
You're right. What you do with your buddies in private is your own business.
Yes, it is. And so are any communications I have with you via PM. And it will stay that way.

2006 Pilot EXL-RES in BSM
speedlever is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #12924
mevers
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
2008 RTL
White / Beige

The point did come from way out of left field (or right depending upon your POV) and seemed kind of random.

Rick I think you do a pretty good job in keeping your mod/participant hats separate in this thread and while I usually disagree with you politically I respect that about you. That being said not everyone here is as adept at that skill.

"A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." George S. Patton
mevers is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #12925
speedlever
2008 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

Thank you Mark.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #12926
B43
Banned
2006 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mevers View Post
The point did come from way out of left field (or right depending upon your POV) and seemed kind of random.

Rick I think you do a pretty good job in keeping your mod/participant hats separate in this thread and while I usually disagree with you politically I respect that about you. That being said not everyone here is as adept at that skill.
Yes, he does...pretty good...but I don't understand the purpose of his comment (below), nor do I really care. Just agreeing that he does a "pretty good" job as a moderator compared to the pretender mentioned earlier by LingeredI.

Quote:
Even you, oh mighty and all-knowing B43....
If that's supposed to be a compliment, then, thank you!

Last edited by B43; 02-17-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:03 PM   #12927
speedlever
2008 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by B43 View Post

If that's supposed to be a compliment, then, thank you!
Ok, B. Since it appears that you need the obvious pointed out to you, I'll oblige. Your earlier comment was this:
"LOL, is this a surprise to anyone? The "Liberals" have been under double secret probation throughout this entire thread. I would challenge anyone to dig up a reprimand on a Rightwinger."

There are very few public reprimands. Ergo, you will have a hard time finding one for the Lwing or the Rwing. Of course, you are free to interpret public moderator responses as you see fit, regardless how they may be intended.

However, in many cases it seems like you merely like to stir the pot, as you are now. You have demonstrated the ability to have intelligent conversations and also the ability to foment discord.

And so I'll publicly say that you, moreso than any other participant that comes to mind, push the limits of acceptable forum behavior, imMo. Sorta kinda reminds me of a certain banned member you may be intimately acquainted with.

Now you may take this as a reprimand. I don't intend it that way. Else it would have been a PM and you might have earned a warning or a vacation.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #12928
B43
Banned
2006 RTS
Billet Silver Metallic

Quote:
Ok, B. Since it appears that you need the obvious pointed out to you, I'll oblige. Your earlier comment was this:
"LOL, is this a surprise to anyone? The "Liberals" have been under double secret probation throughout this entire thread. I would challenge anyone to dig up a reprimand on a Rightwinger."

There are very few public reprimands. Ergo, you will have a hard time finding one for the Lwing or the Rwing. Of course, you are free to interpret public moderator responses as you see fit, regardless how they may be intended.

However, in many cases it seems like you merely like to stir the pot, as you are now. You have demonstrated the ability to have intelligent conversations and also the ability to foment discord.

And so I'll publicly say that you, moreso than any other participant that comes to mind, push the limits of acceptable forum behavior, imMo. Sorta kinda reminds me of a certain banned member you may be intimately acquainted with.

Now you may take this as a reprimand. I don't intend it that way. Else it would have been a PM and you might have earned a warning or a vacation.
Thank you for the detailed explanation. I was commenting only on the public reprimands (as I thought was "the obvious" since I don't know what goes on in PM), such as the specific post by MikeT on the previous page. And, obviously, I am not the only one who feels that way since I was agreeing with the conclusion of another respected member, Lingered I.

ps. Please tell me who here is not stirring the pot by posting in this thread. I would say the closest example of that person is Lingered I, since he usually sticks to correcting grossly misrepresented statements. He's the last person here who I would think deserves a public reprimand, such as the one he got in specific reference to his post. I've seen several posts by 25yrhonda mentioning race, yet when Lingered I posts a comment, he gets the finger, or at least that's how it "appeared."
Old 02-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #12929
Sparkland
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club
2008 *Former Ridgeline Owner
Dark Cherry Pearl

Figured I would get this in before this thread is closed because obviously the "vote em out" concept or platform is not going very well.

Too many people are happy to be taken care of by the government and we get no help from the media to "inform and educate"

Attached Images

Sparkland is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #12930
Lingered_I
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

How does this help? You are part of the problem Sparkie, not because you just regurgitate the BS without thinking for yourself, but because you don't attempt to elevate the discussion. For what it's worth, CNN, and other professional news organizations, generally cannot run with allegations and gossip although, as we know, they all too often fall well below that standard. They just can't get into the tabloid stuff, although they have reported it. And, also fwiw, the Rubio thing was also BS, kind of like the continuation of this thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > ROC Member Central > The Ridge - Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.