It's 2012 and people who should know, still don't - Page 4 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Dear Honda: (Feedback Forum)

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 05-10-2012, 05:43 AM   #31
CUinaRidge
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Re: It's 2012 and people who should know, still don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07inny View Post
Doesn't anyone remember the station wagons from the 70's and 80's that had the dual swing tailgates. My dad had a 1974 Plymouth Satelitte wagon that was the size of a boat and had one and it was the coolest thing around at the time. This dual mode tailgate is not something that Honda just came up with for this truck. But they are the only manufacturer producing a truck that has it.
Thats where Gary got his idea from.
CUinaRidge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2012, 05:46 AM   #32
CUinaRidge
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Nighthawk Black / Beige

Added note.... Do you remember those 70's cars with the door straps to pull that 500 pound door closed? More that half the straps in every car were ripped out and off. Hence did you ever notice how beefy that big silver pull handle is on the door of the RL?
CUinaRidge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #33
Spoot
ROC Rank: Freshman
2008 RTS
Formal Black

I just got my RL at a Chevy dealer. I popped the trunk to look for paperwork the PO mentioned was in there. The sales guy says "'Hey, that's cool !"
He also took pics of the front of truck (with the black-out grill) and he seemed to enjoy the looks/features of truck more than I was.

When I go to the track, I get some stuff out of truck, first swinging the door open (I feel many gazes from afar), then reach into the trunk and pull something big out. Now the gazers are staring.

I think it's awesome.
Current: '08 Black RTS / Bak-Flip / OE Hitch, Running boards, Auto-Dim rear-view/ Hunter bully bar / AVS hood & window deflectors / GrilleCraft grill / Muth blinker-mirrors / Wet Okole seat covers / LED interior mod / Sportwings molding w/RL emblem / Acura flip-key / Pop&Lock / Infinity 1031t tweets / Bazooka 8250 / iSimple Ipod adapter

Other toys: '98 Honda VTR1000F Superhawk - track / '02 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird - street / '05 Honda Zuma scooter
Spoot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2013, 09:33 PM   #34
MikeT
Mall Ninja Moderator
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

An LEO that sidelines as a range officer at the private gun range I am a member at approached me and said he took delivery of a 2013 RTL because he had seen me using my truck at various work parties at the club. He said he was most impressed seeing me hauling everything from 4'x8' sheets of plywood, 4"x4"x 8' posts, bags of cement, sand, dirt, bricks, ect while driving up and down our mud bogs called access roads. He said the Honda salesman did not know of the trunk and argued with him about its existence as well as the swing out tailgate until he demonstrated both to the salesman. Honda's effort to sale and develop the Ridgeline is proof they simply do not care or "get it".
Old 02-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #35
cdepuydt
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

As I have said many times before on this forum...the RL is Honda's best kept secret. My RL will be 7 years old in Nov., and I still have people coming up and asking me/saying things like, "Wow, nice looking vehicle...what is it...?...who makes it...?" When I give people the nickle tour, I get nothing but, "...wow, that is so cool...I didn't even know there was a truck out there with a trunk...I'd use that all the time...", and those kind of comments.

Whenever I take my RL on a hunting/fishing trip, friends and family members are always amazed how much gear I can get in it, especially when I only have one passenger and use the trunk, bed, and back seat area.

Honda needs to put together a 1/2-way decent ad campaign that shows the utility of the RL; the "Swiss Army Knife" of trucks, as it were. And they need to lose the ad agency that put together the lumberjack floating through space and herding cats ads. The ads should show what the truck can do. The ads should not leave people scratching thier heads thinking, "WTF was that all about?!?"

The Honda Classic PGA golf tournament is this coming weekend. It'll be interesting to see how many ads include the RL. Last year I watched the whole tournament over the Sat/Sun rounds, and there was 1 ad that had an almost "glancing" shot, for lack of a better term, of the RL. The lions share of the ads were Civic and Accord ads. It's almost as if Honda doesn't want anybody to know they make a truck...and a dang good one at that!

RTL w/Nav and Sunroof, Running boards, Bug deflector, Leer Cap, OEM Hitch, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Weathertech Floor Mats, OEM Foglights w/Painted Bezels, OEM Side Door Protectors, '10 Pilot Touring Wheels, Kumho Road Venture KL61 Tires (New in Oct. 2012 and New Again in May of 2014), new Monroe OE Spectrum Struts (New in May 2013), RTX/Accessory Grill, and Figs Hood Prop Kit.

Last edited by cdepuydt; 02-25-2013 at 10:40 AM.
cdepuydt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 01:12 PM   #36
ShanesG
2007 RTL
Nimbus Gray Metallic

I love how many people get amazed when they see the trunk.
ShanesG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2013, 02:49 PM   #37
cdepuydt
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Billet Silver / Gray

Watched about 3 hours of the Honda Classic coverage last night. Not one Pilot, Ridgeline, or Odessey commercial. About 1/2 dozen Acura commercials along with a couple Civic/Accord commercials. They also have Accords and Civics placed around the golf course. Namely behind the teebox on one of the final par 3's (16 I think), so you see it every time somebody tees off there. I didn't see a RL anywhere.

RTL w/Nav and Sunroof, Running boards, Bug deflector, Leer Cap, OEM Hitch, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Weathertech Floor Mats, OEM Foglights w/Painted Bezels, OEM Side Door Protectors, '10 Pilot Touring Wheels, Kumho Road Venture KL61 Tires (New in Oct. 2012 and New Again in May of 2014), new Monroe OE Spectrum Struts (New in May 2013), RTX/Accessory Grill, and Figs Hood Prop Kit.
cdepuydt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #38
pella cholla
2008 RTS
Nimbus Gray Metallic

Location: The flat lands of the midwest. get altitude sickness when I leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoot View Post
I just got my RL at a Chevy dealer. I popped the trunk to look for paperwork the PO mentioned was in there. The sales guy says "'Hey, that's cool !"
He also took pics of the front of truck (with the black-out grill) and he seemed to enjoy the looks/features of truck more than I was.

When I go to the track, I get some stuff out of truck, first swinging the door open (I feel many gazes from afar), then reach into the trunk and pull something big out. Now the gazers are staring.

I think it's awesome.
Ha Ha! That's what she said! Sorry had to.
pella cholla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2013, 07:39 PM   #39
SmokinJoe
2006 RTL
Billet Silver Metallic

Good stories guys, Apparently the US border guys do know as I had to wait longer as mine was used as a training exercise for the new guys. This was traveling through Port Huron Michigan from Canada
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Dear Honda: (Feedback Forum)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.