Back seat doggie deck - Page 14 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
     Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Go Back   Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > ROC Member Central > Cats, Dogs and other Pets

RidgelineOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Ridgeline Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Notices

Old 10-04-2011, 10:13 AM   #131
Truckin'
ROC Rank: 5k Comma Club
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

Re: Back seat doggie deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miser View Post
Hey All,
I've owned my ridgeline for 3 or 4 months now and absolutely love it.

The whole point of the under the seat storage system is that I wanted some storage in the truck for when I take my furry friends on trips with us. I currently own a great dane (Molly) and a Chocolate Lab (Riley). . . as soon as I'm done I'll post pictures of the home made under seat storage as well as the doggy deck.

Thanks again for the ideas and inspiration.

Sean
You may have noticed as you go through the older posts that I am a HUGE Great Dane fan. I am anxious to see pics of your pooches and your creativity in service of their needs to be with you on family adventures (like trips to the store).

Congrats on finding a great vehicle and the best forum for ideas and community devoted to it.
'06 Steel BLUE RTL with NAV, OEM roof rack, running boards, backup camera, hitch, rear mud guards, air deflector, underseat storage, body side moldings, pin stripes, decals, Doggie Deck, Retrax, vent visors, bull bar, dash plate, tubular hitch step, XM!!
Truckin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2011, 05:35 PM   #132
fishnbanjo
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2006 *Not a Ridgeline owner
Steel Blue / Gray

This one's for you Truckin'. even though I traded the RL in on a CT Levi and I still ride every morning to go for his outings in his sheep wool custom lined seats in the CT. Here is a photo my neighbor took of he and I with my Nikon D3 and the 24-70 Nikon lens, it was used as the authors photo for my book The Cracker Barrel.

"Fly fishing is my Quisisana (the name is Italian for "place where one heals one's self.") "........ S.L.G.

Visit my website about Bamboo rods... Fishnbanjos Place

2010 Crosstour EX-L Polished Metal & black leather, 7 speaker stereo with 6 CD and XM, moonroof, fog lights, LUND vent shades, Navigation, backup camera.
fishnbanjo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2011, 11:24 PM   #133
Truckin'
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

Ah, you are tugging my heartstrings with that one! It's a wonderful photo.

What's this about your book? It's good to hear from ya! Levi and Sparkle would make a stunning pair. He's looking great. Sparkle just turned nine. How old is Levi now?
'06 Steel BLUE RTL with NAV, OEM roof rack, running boards, backup camera, hitch, rear mud guards, air deflector, underseat storage, body side moldings, pin stripes, decals, Doggie Deck, Retrax, vent visors, bull bar, dash plate, tubular hitch step, XM!!

Last edited by Truckin'; 10-04-2011 at 11:26 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:39 AM   #134
fishnbanjo
ROC Rank: Sophomore
2006 *Not a Ridgeline owner
Steel Blue / Gray

He tugs mine each and every minute of every day Truckin' still haven't figured out which was the rescuer and which was the rescuee in this. I got him in June 05 at 16 months old and he turned 7 on Mar 2nd this year so he's coming up on 8.

I feel like I'm part of a Seinfeld episode since I wrote a series of articles in the late 90's on a forum called the Virtual Fly Shop or VFS for short. It was the first iteration of Fly Fishermen Magazine Online and there uses to be turf wars between those that fished the more modern graphite fly rods and those that fished either glass or bamboo and others who fished each kind.

A lot of the dissing, razzing, what have you, was good natured but there were some who for other reasons, i.e. like to rock the boat, trolling etc, they are on every forum, would disrupt any civil conversation and it was actually beginning to get a bit mean and threatened to end the online forum.

I was asked if I would host a weekly session discussing the history of bamboo rods and bring it into the modern era where they were still being made. I was also a moderator on a website called Clark's Classic Fly Rod Forum which was about bamboo rods and classic tackle.

I wrote the articles and they became a hit as they were done during the winter season or what we refer to as Cabin Fever Season since most don't have any fly fishing available to them during this time and it causes some bad tempers.

The stories continued for several years and were well attended and prompted newer members to join the bamboo forum I spoke about earlier.
I was looking forward to retirement from the US Navy from an IM/IT position when Clark Davis who owned the forum decided he was going to end it because like the VFS the civil discourse was degenerating and it was too much work for him having grown from 9 original members back when it was hosted on Geocities to 1200 members on EZBoard.

I spoke with Clark about taking it over and he agreed as long as Clark's was removed as the name so I simply renamed it the Classic Fly Rod Forum. It was also about this time the servers that carried the VFS were having catastrophic issues and the owner of the website contacted me about trying to preserve my Cracker Barrel Series but it ended up all the conversations were lost and all that remained were the original articles that I had written.

One of the members who participated in the discussions was a grad student who later founded his own Editing and Publishing House, he also became a member of the Classic Fly Rod Forum.

In 2008 I became seriously ill and was hospitalized with Kidney failure only to later have a diagnosis of a rare non-curable form of non-Hodgkin lymphoma called Mantle Cell Lymphoma and began chemotherapy treatment.

I worked hard on the Classic Fly Rod Forum to help it grow and early last year I found it to be far too much to manage any longer so I offered it to one of my moderators and a rod maker in the west which I felt would be good for the forum. Sadly they could not take it over due to how large the forum had become, we were at 6000 plus members from the 1200 I inherited, had been written about in several bamboo rod books and was/is considered the most authoritative website on bamboo rods in the world.

I was contacted by the grad student, now owner, editor and printer of his own copy house about taking over the forum and after several days worth of email he told he much I had inspired him from the early days on the VFS when my weekly sessions of the Cracker Barrel were written and he was sad when the servers crashed and they were lost.

I told him the conversations were lost but I still had all of the written segments and had recently written some newer ones on my new website (I call it the quiet little place since it is not my intent to turn it into the Classic Fly Rod Forum but more like a place where you can set by the PC and do a little bit of reading or research with out the librarian telling you it's time to close). He then said to send him the segments and then offered to print it as a limited edition hard cover titled the Cracker Barrel and it was sold out and reissued in paperback.

Last week he contacted me and told me that an editor/publisher in Japan approached him seeking permission to publish the book in Japanese and adding a few chapters on current and past Japanese rod makers and would I consider allowing this to happen.

I told him that not only would I be pleased to allow it I wanted 50% of whatever royalties I earned from the sales to stay in Japan to go to any organization the publisher felt could use the funds hoping it would be an organization like several we have here in the states, i.e. Casting for Recovery (a breast cancer group), Reel Recovery (a male cancer group) and Project Healing Waters (a wounded warrior group of veterans injured in combat situations).

If anyone is interested in reading any of the old Cracker Barrel Series I wrote they are on my website http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory
You do not have to be a member to read anything but you do to comment etc, but it is free. There are also new segments and some segments to become another book we are discussing and there is also discussion about a sequel to the Cracker Barrel, as I said I feel like an episode from Seinfeld the Show about nothing, sorry for the long post. Regards...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckin' View Post
Ah, you are tugging my heartstrings with that one! It's a wonderful photo.

What's this about your book? It's good to hear from ya! Levi and Sparkle would make a stunning pair. He's looking great. Sparkle just turned nine. How old is Levi now?

"Fly fishing is my Quisisana (the name is Italian for "place where one heals one's self.") "........ S.L.G.

Visit my website about Bamboo rods... Fishnbanjos Place

2010 Crosstour EX-L Polished Metal & black leather, 7 speaker stereo with 6 CD and XM, moonroof, fog lights, LUND vent shades, Navigation, backup camera.
fishnbanjo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2011, 09:37 AM   #135
Truckin'
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

More heartstrings tugged this morning as I read your delightful explanation of the unexpected journey that you've discovered. Thanks for the long post to explain the way this opportunity came into your life. I knew you are a fly fishing fanatic with a special love for bamboo but i had no clue about your writings and the previous forums. In spite of your terrible medical problems you are a lucky man. I'm inspired by you too!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:48 AM   #136
kootenaigirl
ROC Rank: Freshman
2012 SPORT
Crystal Black Pearl

Thanks so much, this is exactly what we want to do. Can't have a dog who can't see out the window, that's no fun!
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 01:00 PM   #137
Truckin'
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

Thanks for bumping this old post again! I hope you'll post some photos of the solution you find for your dog(s) and, of course, include the pooches in the photos.

There have been many inventive and creative dog accommodations made in the RL. Our doggie deck has been perfect for us and is still serving us well.

PS -- I hope to get up to your beautiful area of the planet again someday. I've been to BC twice and I am wild about it.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #138
kootenaigirl
2012 SPORT
Crystal Black Pearl

I certainly will. Hubby is just pondering the specifics while we wait for our Du-Ha under seat storage box to come in.
Yes, BC is a nice place to live but I hear Utah is not too shabby either and we hope to get down there some time.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:32 PM   #139
Truckin'
2006 RTL
Steel Blue / Gray

I love to give advice of things to do and see in my neck of the woods, so if you get a trip planned for this area, shoot me a message.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #140
kootenaigirl
2012 SPORT
Crystal Black Pearl

Dog and doggie deck ready to go!
Took a short drive and it seemed strong so hopefully will do well on our next longer trip.
Thanks for all the ideas and info.
Will certainly let you know if we are heading to Utah and need some travel tips.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > ROC Member Central > Cats, Dogs and other Pets

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.