Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Rear camera wiring diagram

13K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  djdj 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm trying to wire up one of these cameras to my wifes car. Does anybody out there know anyone at Honda who has access to technical information on the wiring of this camera or happen to know which wire goes to where before I disect this camera?

There are 6 wires:
1. Black/Black
2. Red/Red
3. Blue/Black
4. White/White
5. Yellow/Yellow
6. Brown

Any help would be appreciated. I can't believe there is anything proprietary about the camera. I'm sure it's just a standard CCD camera with 12V power wires, ground, video signal, and reverse sensing. But which one is which is the question.

Thanks in advance,
Peter

#2 ·
The rearview camera uses a 6-pin connector:

1 (Yellow) Video
2 (White) Video Ground
3 (Blue) Camera Adpt
4 (Black) Camera Sh
5 (Brown) Camera Ground
6 (red) Camera VCC

I have no idea what Adpt and Sh are. If anyone ever figures this out, please let me know.

#4 ·
Success. Ok, still don't know what the black wire does, but if you ground the blue/black wire the camera works perfectly. I assume you could use this is a reverse sense wire and ground it when you go in reverse, thereby activating the camera.

Hope this information helps others who may want to use this slick camera on their other non-Honda vehicles.

Peter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.