Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

CD changer

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  laserguy 
#1 ·
So I finally got a chance today to install my new head unit (after having it sit around for months). Only problem is, I just realized I forgot to eject the 6 CDs I had in my OEM CD changer before I did the swap. Is there any way to power on the unit so I can eject my CDs without uninstalling my aftermarket head unit?

#2 ·
Pin 2 is positive, pin 20 is ground, you will need to connect some wires or solder them to those pins then supply 12 DC volts and ground to the wires be able remove the CD's .

It may be easier with a female 20 pin Honda connector or simply plug the Hu back in and eject them.

#4 ·
I think you will need over 11 dcv to be able to turn it on. Yo can try it.

If you have one of those 110ac to 12vdc chargers or transformers and connect the leads from the tip, you will need some alligator clips, pins or extra firm young hands to keep the connection while you do that. Radio shack sells those transformers, tips and maybe leads to do that. An old car battery will work too.

8 tipple a or double a batteries all connected together will do the trick too, just hard and time consuming to connect them.

Good luck and let us know how it went

#5 ·
I ended up using alligator clips and my Ridgeline's battery, but I couldn't turn the CD changer on. The Security light was blinking red, but the Power button didn't do anything. I think I'm going to just swap it back into the car since I need to take her apart again anyways to install the steering wheel control module.

#6 ·
Most likely the HU needs power to an extra pin to spit the discs out. I do not think you need the code just press eject, Now that I think about it once I removed the xm plug while being connected it started ejecting all the discs, maybe that is what will happen to you. Be ready to catch them once you connect the main plug in or have your wife help you catch them while you hold the HU unless you place it in place :act035:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.