Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

If there ONE thing to say positive

5K views 34 replies 24 participants last post by  Jack 
#1 ·
I was driving yesterday in my Whiteline, enjoying it as usual, and it came upon me to ask you all:

If there were ONE, absolutely ONE thing you'd mention to a best friend, that you REALLY enjoy about Ridgeline, what will it be?

I'll keep mine for later. It's sort of strange. But I enjoyed same with my 04 CR-V.

#2 ·
There are so many possible answers, but I think the best is that the Honda engineers designed the vehicle from the ground up with the safety of the passengers in mind. From the unibody design, to the effortless four wheel drive, to the onboard computer maximized for safety, the Ridgeline has a wonderful and unique design. This is the safest vehicle I own.

#3 ·
I enjoy the absolute versatility of my truck.

Pack a half a pallet of grass in the back three bags of dirt, two bags of fertilizer in the cab. Redo the yard.

Pack a quarter cord of wood in the bed for winter (Remember, I live in Texas). Crap never enters the cab.

Pack the crap in the trunk that very few know about. Pack the kids in the cab. Make a run to the mountains. Dump the crap, kids and sometimes the wife, and make a run through the mountains.

Pack the scuba gear in the trunk. Drive to the dive site. Dive. Eat lunch, eat dinner, pack the wet scuba gear in the trunk. Fold up the rear seats, place blinders in the back windows, change to dry clothes. Drive home. Truck never smells like lake or salt water.

Pack the weapons and ammo in the trunk. Head to the local match or gun range. Shoot weapons and ammo. Pack the dirty weapons back in the trunk. Drive home. Truck never smells like burned powder and burned lubricant.

Pack the wife into the cab, head out to dinner. Place the left overs in the trunk. Drive home. Forget left overs in the trunk. Truck NEVER smells like day old (Or older) left overs.

Mow the yard, bag the grass, pack the bags in the bed, take them to a place that has a giant compost center. Good for my yard, better for the environment.

I love my truck and will miss it when time comes to part with it.

I have never missed my 1989 MX6, 1993 Probe GT, 1994 Honda Accord DX, 1998 Dodge Dakota, 2001 VW Jetta 1.8T GLS, or my old Silverado I had for less than three months, my old 1966 Rambler with three on the tree. I will miss the Ridgeline.

#4 ·
I like what has been said thus far and agree with the posters. My statement would be the "practicality without sacrificing comfort or safety." Kind of rolls in the previous statements, but adds the comfort of an SUV.

I really like getting my testosterone fix without suffering in the keester or ears (from my wife's complaints)! My RL Sport rides better than the Monterro and Explorer I had.

#9 ·
Just dropped off my older son's stuff at college in western MA... Bed, dresser, tv, small fridge, etc... then got home and took my lady to dinner at a nice restaurant in Town. All in comfort, safety, and style. It was a day like Honda should put in a commercial if they ever advertised the ridgeline!

#15 ·
"Reliability"-- if the vehicle won't start why own it?

#16 ·
All good ones. Safety, reliability, ride, comfort, (ingenius) trunk.
See, how easy it is to do it on one word.
Well, as thread starter, I'll do mine.

SEATS.

Ever since my 04 CR-V, I am totally amazed on how comfortable they are for me. Back in time, there was a lot of gripe about them being un-anatomical, but whatever. My back GLUES to that seat. I love it. Even our all time favorite seat, in 86 LeBaron, was not as comfortable, and that is second best seat we ever rode in.

#23 ·
Handling.

I have owned two RL, and I have driven at least 50 vehicles from sub-compact cars, mini-vans, SUV's, to Greyhound style buses to semi tractor-trailer rigs. Oh, and numerous sports cars, and race cars.

No other similar sized vehicle with similar utility (cargo capacity, safety, ground clearances, towing capacity, features like a bed, and a trunk...the list goes on) can claim the road handling capabilities this truck has.

There are a lot of vehicles that can claim better off-road capability. That's OK. I drive 30,000 miles a year of which 29,000 are on the highway. Nothing in a similar utility class beats the handling of the RL. The other 1000 miles are back woods dirt roads and I've never been stuck. Not in the RL, but I have been in other small trucks.

IMHO.

#25 ·
storage capacity

I am a general contractor, and though I never intended to use the Ridgeline for work, tough times required I sell my full size one ton. Notice I chose to keep the Honda instead of the *****. This little truck has an amazing amount of storage to which all the haters are ignorant of. And since the first heartbreaking scratch in the bed I have used it to the fullest extent; I am sad to say I have ruthlessly abused every square inch of the cargo bed, to which the truck has responded with a toughness that matched the abuse and then some. I can haul every tool in my arsenal (table saw, compound miter saw, tile saw, stands, every cordless tool made, big 20 gal compressor, small compressor, every nail gun made, hoses, cords, ladders, nails boxes, screw boxes, etc). I did have to add the aftermarket lumber racks for the longer items but would have had to do that w the big truck too.

And I can do 70mph up the grade and almost hear a pin drop in the cab while doing it.

#28 ·
Versatility!

I know its already been mentioned, but that was the main thing. Was looking for a new vehicle and never heard of the RL till 3 weeks before I purchased. The more I read about it, the more I realized it can do everything I would ever want (maybe not anything "the best") although the AWD/VSA on snowy roads seems to rock from what I read. When I buy anything, I want it to do everything all in one and the RL was it. Haven't looked back since.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.