Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Show off your Black rims only

472K views 435 replies 229 participants last post by  Duran978 
#1 ·
This thread is to show off black rims only. Please post pics of your black rims

#50 ·
Hey Soul,
what size are those rims and rubber. Also where did you get them? Another Long Islander. TBP

#51 ·
I guess I'm the newest member of the "Black Wheel Club".

More mods to come in the next couple of weeks.

#52 ·
I guess I'm the newest member of the "Black Wheel Club".

More mods to come in the next couple of weeks.
Same wheels as mine, I run Kumho 275/45/20's on mine and have a 2" lift so I can clear the front flaps and inner fenders..
Look mean with The nittos on there though.. :)
Nice truck....

#61 ·
This is probably a dumb question, but for those of you with OEM wheels powder coated black, do you get sticky weights put on the inside of your wheels to balance them? Do you have any balancing problems? The reason I ask is I would assume you wouldn't want silver weights clamped to the wheel because it may not look good, but I have had bad luck with sticky weights in the past. I owned a civic with some aftermarket wheels and they never seemed to get balanced right. Could have been the place I was taking them to. Any thoughts?

#62 ·
I originally had the sticky silver weights that I got from getting my wheels balanced at a local aftermarket shop. They looked funky and I lost a couple of them which threw the wheels out of balance. There wouldn't have been any balancing problem with the silver stickys if the impatient balancer at the aftermarket shop had put the weights on properly.

Anyways, I ended up taking my truck to a Honda dealership who used a machine to custom make a gray colored solid strip weight that are all one piece. The strips vs. the individual silver sticky weights look much cleaner and are less noticeable and the wheels are in perfect balance. The cost of the 4 wheel balance was $70 but it was worth every penny IMO.

There is nothing worse than doing a project and having the last part of it look half assed. Don't get me wrong. The silver stickys are OK for some folks but I went thru too much hassle to be able to see the weights like that every time I walked by the truck. I'm much happier now with the more finished strip weight look.

#67 ·
I goota say, I like the green truck and black wheels. Very militaryish....if that's a real word. But a good looking combination all the same. Good job.

#69 ·
How do the powder coated wheels hold up on rock chips?? It looks awesome and I think I would like to do it, but I ride on a lot of gravel so I'm wondering about durability. Thanks!

#81 ·
Hey guys I want to ask a quick ? I really like these 20 inch rims Avarus AV4 the darker looking ones on my steel blue or I was thinking of the Elbrus 104 18inch with Goodyear Forteras:http://www.wheelrack.com/upgrade_ga...oModel=Ridgeline+RT&search=wheel&autoModClar=
and I want to wrap them in the Cooper Ltz 275/45-20

http://store.fastcommerce.com/prod_RhinozCustomWheelsandTires-ff80818116945a7a01169ec810970ecb.html. From what I read there should be no rubbing correct?

What do you think I can't make up my mind???

#87 ·
Here's 2 different rims. One set summer, one set winter.

Attachments

#90 ·
Nah, your computer wasn't stupid, I was. I just edited and added the pics.:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.