Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Hello from FL

2K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  speedlever 
#1 ·
Hello! I just recently bought a dark cherry pearl 2009 RTL Navi Ridgeline. It has the factory roof rack, factory chrome side steps and factory rear under storage system. We really love this thing. I don't want to over accessorize but I just wanna keep adding stuff!

I've been working for a Honda dealership for the last 5 years and finally bought a Honda. This is the first one I saw come in that I couldn't pass up.

I'm looking forward to participating in the forums.

#3 ·
Welcome "Carfixer" to the ROC. Read, read, read, then use the Search, use the Search, then Post, post, and post.
I take it from your screen name you fix vs sell?
Enjoy your RL.

#4 ·
Welcome and keep on adding accessories!

Change out those OEM tweeter's, and you'll hear a world of difference, right off the bat! :act035:

#5 ·
Welcome to ROC from another FL member.

#7 ·
Put some spinners on it!

Welcome to the ROC.

#13 · (Edited)
Hahah! I gotta see that. Post up an animated gif of a RL with spinners if you find one!

Maybe this one would work!

#8 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I've been on the service side my whole career. Tech and then service manager. I have access to VIN Stats and TSB's so feel free to PM me.

My other cars are a 2003 Mach1 Mustang and a 2012 Boss 302. The Ridge replaced my old Grand Marquis, which was my family hauler. The Ridge has a more generous back seat than the old Merc, which my 3 kids really appreciate.

When I mean accessorize, I mean more like factory stuff like a sport grill and maybe paint my wheels to look like sport. No spinners or Dubs for me. It is so addicting!

I'm not much of a sound system guy so the stereo sounds pretty good to me. When I run out of stuff to accessorize, I may start on the stereo.

#21 ·
Finally got a picture of the cars together. The Boss just comes out on nice days. The Mach1 is my primary driver. I haven't been able to pry the RL from Melissa, she won't give it up.

I'd love to have a classic Boss as well. I'm out of garage space... and money.

#14 ·
Welcome to the family and congratulations on your new RL.

#15 ·
I was thinking more of the plastic ones they use to sell at walmart! I hear that those are making a comeback.

in regard to the stereo, if you have kids then that might be a good option. A lot of people buy those after market DVD systems for the kids in the back seat. IMO it is a much better option to just replace the stereo and run RCAs to the back seat monitors. Much cleaner to just use the stereo and what not. Or, if you are like my parents were then just give your kids a spoon full a benedril on long trips. I use to sleep the whole way to grandma's house...

#16 ·
Hello and welcome carfixer. I have to ask since you work in service with Honda. Do the service writers at your dealership know that the Ridgeline has a transfer assembly that needs service with gear fluid, normally with the auto trans service?

I know the dealership that I bought mine from performed a drain and fill on the transmission and I asked if the transfer assembly fluid was changed and he said ' I have never had a request for this service'. I asked him if he knew it had a servicable transfer assembly and he said no.

Anyhow, welcome and I sent you a PM about the transmission TSB.

#17 ·
Wow. Another dealership that is not aware of the transfer assembly on all RLs and on 4wd Pilots since 2006 and up.

That was a good question you asked mike099. How long have your had your RL?

#18 ·
Hello Speed. I have had it since July. It had 38K when I bought it. I am going to have the transmission drained again and of course the gear fluid, but at a shop that does service on honda/acura. They did the VTM and coolant for me a month ago. I could do it myself, but kind of busy with work and 2 grandkids that stay with us a lot.

Any snow yet your way. We did not get any last year here in middle tennessee. My tires are still ok with about 6/32 average, but are 6 years old. I am going to replace them next year at this time due to the age. Going with the OEM's since they are quiet on the road and ride is smooth. Maybe I can save 1000.00 by next year and pay cash.

#19 ·
Go ahead and convert over to DW1 tranny fluid. Honda calls for 4 drain and fills with exercising all gears between changes. I do them about a week apart. You may have at least 1 DW1 change in there already. If you have the time, the tranny fluid is very simple to change as a DIY job.

No snow yet. But the temps are getting into the mid or low 30s at night.

#23 ·
Carfixer, are you surprised at the number of service departments that appear to have no knowledge of the transfer assembly? I sure am.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.