Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Cruise Control button malfunction

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Ourfarm09 
#1 ·
My cruise does work, however the buttons on the steering wheel do not work properly. The set/decel button works exactly as it's supposed to. The cancel button works EXACTLY like the set/decel button and the resume/accel button doesn't work at all. This started a month ago. I replaced the whole switch assembly couple of weeks back and everything started working as it should. Fast forward to this morning on my way to work and the new switch is acting just like above. So, the issue isn't resolved. I searched and haven't see this problem anywheres. Any ideas before I pay the dealership to diagnosis? TIA Drew

#2 ·
Since the other buttons work it's likely not the spiral wire that connects the buttons to the main wiring harness. The buttons work by presenting different resistances on the wire, so if the others work, the wire is most likely good.

Chip H.

#3 ·
I don't know about the RL but on other vehicles I've had CC issues like that are often related to the clockspring.

#5 ·
I've wondered the same thing. There is no clockspring or clock spring mentioned in the FSM.

#6 ·
The spiral wire Chiph mentioned is commonly referred to as the "clock spring" by many technicians. That's what they look like and in the early days of steering wheel controls other then the horn, that's what they were called.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.