Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

service codes

28K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Smokin Ace 
#1 ·
My 2009 only has about 8700 miles lately when i start it a service light comes on and says A6??? does anyone know what these codes mean? i'm hoping its just a reminder for an oil change?
Thanks.

#2 ·
I assume your '09 came with an owner's manual. It's great to read through it when you have the time, because the Ridgeline is a very different vehicle than most trucks. The "A" code is for the oil change and the "6" is for the rear differential (VTM-4) fluid change. I believe the maintenance minder codes are on or around page 242.

#8 ·
First or second oil change?

#9 ·
The Owners manual is your friend. Saying that, I do wish Honda provided a CD ROM. Let's get up to date with the times...

Edited to add, or at least let us buy it for like $5.00...

#10 ·
You can download it as a PDF and save it. CDROMs are so 1990's. :)

#11 ·
I wish I could find the pdf manual for our 2006 Pilot. The link at the owner site only brings a 1 page table of contents.

#13 ·
#12 ·
jbrumrunner, not sure what's going on with your Ridgeline, but the A 1-6 service usually comes at around 15,000 miles. Perhaps the conditions of your driving is causing it to come early....as it would if you're towing, or driving on dirt roads, etc.

My '08 Ridgeline recently showed the A 1-6 code, after about 15,000 miles I couldn't figure out what that meant until I carefully read the Owner's Manual. Just look at the "A" service, then the "1", then the "6." This will show you all the things needing to be done for A 1-6 service.

I checked with the dealer....and looked in the Service Manual (ALWAYS good to do)...and found that I could very easily do all the work myself for the A 1-6 service. My dealer wanted $280 for the total service. I realized I could to everything except change the VTM-4 (differential fluid). (BTW, this seems very simple, based on the posts by other ROC members.) By doing the work myself, I saved almost $200. DIY, my friend. Even if you're not very mechanically minded, you can still do this stuff. Even if you have to buy some new tools, you'll still come out FAR better doing the work yourself. Just be SURE to save your receipts..and make good notes, so your warranty won't be jeopardized. Post away if you need more info.

#14 ·
Thanks for that. Would still like the 2006 manual online. I don't know why the Honda site has the RL manual but not the Pilot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.