Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Added some dash board decoration.

411K views 1K replies 378 participants last post by  Skylar86 
#1 · (Edited)
I had a small window of CNC time to machine a billet dash cubby cover for my Ridge before the long drive up the coast to what we hope to be one of our clubs largest gatherings of Ridgelines on the west coast.
It’s gonna have hinges mounted to the back and swing up or down to open but I’ve got more research to do to perfect that part. The surface finish matches the door pulls really well and the “louvers motif” matches the ones on the doors too.
I just thought some of you would like to see what I was up too……… Yeah, I’ve got prototype dress-bars in the works as well………

Big liability issues with the billet pedal covers to overcome but we haven’t thrown in the towel just yet on these babies either.

Anyhow, I would really appreciate everyone's thoughts on this project.

Thank you all.

ROC-On!......

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
5S Dude said:
I had a small window of CNC time to machine a billet dash cubby cover for my Ridge before the long drive up the coast to what we hope to be one of our clubs largest gatherings of Ridgelines on the west coast.
It’s gonna have hinges mounted to the back and swing up or down to open but I’ve got more research to do to perfect that part. The surface finish matches the door pulls really well and the “louvers motif” matches the ones on the doors too.
I just thought some of you would like to see what I was up too……… Yeah, I’ve got prototype dress-bars in the works as well………

Big liability issues with the billet pedal covers to overcome but we haven’t thrown in the towel just yet on these babies either.

Thank you all.

ROC-On!......

Looks Sweet..... Nice Work!

#4 ·
that would look great on my ride as well. please let us know when you plan on making some to sell and how much. great job!

Reactions: KiltedTailor
#5 ·
Ron, I knew this one was brewing and you'd be cranking it out one of these days. It looks great.

#7 ·
SWEET :cool: Sign me up! Will see you next week in Santa Cruz.

#8 ·
looks great how does it attach..and if you do make them to sell sign me up im in

#11 ·
forgot to add earlier... perhaps you can price this as a package with the door sills. i'd be interested in one!

#15 ·
Yeah, I know it's been a while but I had a little struggle with our shipping methods and I refuse to let my customer service drop off with regards to our door sills, one man show and all.

Thank you so much to all who’ve responded!

The company who originated this idea as well as the “Dress Bars” was a very forward thinker and I appreciate all of the positive input from our members. As soon as the patent search came up empty I began to re-engineer these items in billet. I will have a working model of the billet aluminum “Dress Bars” completed before the Las Vegas SEMA show next month and will post photos at that time.
I’ve only one more request from our members and that is your ideas on what everyone has in regards to the engraved design and surface finish that you would prefer to see on these pieces mounted below the rocker panel. Currently, they mount to the outboard threaded bolt holes used in the mounting of the OEM and aftermarket Running Boards and Side Steps.

Thanks again for your valued input.

ROC-On!........

#16 ·
Fine job. I'd be interested too! :)

#17 ·
5S Dude said:
I’ve only one more request from our members and that is your ideas on what everyone has in regards to the engraved design and surface finish that you would prefer to see on these pieces mounted below the rocker panel.
ROC-On!........
My idea, subject to change at any moment, would be to have the bars color matched with a crinkle finish and the word RIDGELINE engraved showing the billet color thru the painted surface. Of course, living in the Northeast would require corrosion from road salt protection.

Perhaps Ron, a new thread for Dress Bar ideas is in order.

#18 ·
I would definitely go for one of these!

I'd opt for hinges on the bottom (to swing down) and maybe a "push-to-release" type latch (like on some entertainment center doors).

On the back-side, maybe some sort of textured or "tray-divider" type surface, rather than smooth? Then it would have added value when opened.

What about mounting? Would an adhesive work on the dash surface for non-invasive mounting?

Great idea!

#22 ·
I like that much better then that other thingy I have seen for that space....

If I had the funds I would commission an entire interior including the grooves in the interior doors, cubby covers, cubby doors, 12 volt covers, and I think also on the back of the front seats on top of those pockets.... oh yeah…. and some sweet body side protectors...

#24 ·
I love that!! I was wondering how one would open it though since it sat in the opening with a real nice fit but the idea Otter mentioned "a "push-to-release" type latch (like on some entertainment center doors)" would be sweet!

#25 ·
Wow! So many awesome ideas from the downward swing to open and textured tray divider or drink trays on the opposite side to the spring loaded “push to release” type latch! You guys and gals ROC like no other group of product evaluators.

Having these actual owners’ responses from our great club is so much better than any stuffy corporate think tank, I guarantee it!

The billet aluminum door is a bit heavy to accommodate a non-invasive mounting technique for the hinges and I’m looking for a really solid open and close procedure that will exude a high quality movement without any “wiggle factor” and that has been my biggest hurtle. Thank you all for your input. This saga will continue………..

#26 · (Edited)
5S Dude said:

Thank you all.

ROC-On!......

That is nice Ron, Could I have one made in the Black Material like the door sills with my Raiders logo in the center? Push to release latch, no rush.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.