Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Ridgeline shop manual...

4K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  pegleg 
#1 ·
I like to purchase the shop manual for my vehicles. Helm publishes the shop manual for just about all vehicles and the Ridgeline manual costs $70.

I saw one on eBay and thought I'd bid on it. I figured if I could save $10 it would be worth it to buy off eBay instead of directly from Helm.

The auction closes today and I took a look at the auction. Someone has bid $102.50 for the manual!!

Guess I should buy a bunch of them at $70 and put them on eBay if people are willing to pay $100+

Here's the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7976331865

#2 ·
eBay is full of people like this. I make good money off of them.

#4 ·
I sell on eBay, I rarely shop on it. There's way too many scams these days. I've been burned too many times. It's nothing like it was 7-8 years ago.

#7 ·
I am also looking for a repair manual.

1. Okay the Honda service manual (hsm) is the best, but are there any other repair manuals out there for the ridgelines?

2. Is helminc.com the best (cheapest) place to get the hsm?

3. Does the 2006-2008 hsm have MORE info than the 2006 hsm or does it just have info on the other newer ridgelines?

Thanks.

#9 ·
From the first time I tried-out the Nav/DVD feature that I'd be getting before I purchased my RTL, I wondered if the OWNER'S MANUAL would be accessible "on-screen". Needless to say, after playing around with it in the dealership's lot, I found that it wasn't.
My salesman, when presented with the idea, stated that including that capability would probably be a future improvement that Honda would adopt.

Having the owner's manual, AND the service manual at our fingertips while AT our vehicles makes sense to me.

Offering it on CD-ROM would be cool... especially if one has a laptop...

#10 ·
A few days ago, I came across a thread that had a link to a website for the 2006 Owner's Manual on PDF format but I didn't get to save the website. Anyone know or remember what the thread name or website is? Thanks in advance.

#11 ·
A few days ago, I came across a thread that had a link to a website for the 2006 Owner's Manual on PDF format but I didn't get to save the website. Anyone know or remember what the thread name or website is? Thanks in advance.
Someone had posted a link to a private Honda site that was deleted. I know Honda has taken action against a couple of people that access that site without buying a subscription.

The thread was deleted, and I know the author did not intend to post "illegal" information.

-Joe

#15 ·
I have a Honda factory service manual that I no longer need. I paid seventy something, will sell for fifty. It is in perfect condition, still in the original shipping box. It is nearly three inches thick, about 2,275 pages. My address is "monopede@charter.net" if interested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.