Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

front accessory outlets

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  yesno 
#1 ·
Dear All,

My front accessory outlets went out so I checked the fuse and it was blown. I replaced it and it blew again. Does anyone know of anything else I should do, or should I just take to the dealer?

thanks in advance,
yesno

#2 ·
What are you plugging into the outlets? In other words, are you sure there is a problem with the outlets and it's not just a case of the fuse doing it's job?

Assuming the problem isn't user error, I'd pull the lower dash console and make sure the outlets are plugged in properly. The connection for the 12v outlets are a pair of spade connectors, it's possible the issue is a loose wire.

#3 ·
If nothing is plugged in to the outlets, lift the cover and look inside and see it any thing is inside that shouldn't be.

#4 ·
This happened to me for the 2nd time a week ago. I have an air compressor (bike pump) that will blow that fuse apparently every time I use it, I think because I had left the phone charger plugged in as well. First time it happened over a year ago I thought I might have an issue, haven't had to use that pump again until just this past week so I suspect the issue is with the pump. Whatever you were plugging into it, don't plug that in the front again. The rear has an independent fuse and seems a little more resilient, maybe stick with that one.

#5 ·
Dear All,

Here is what happened. The guy at the dealer and I figured out that if I twist the satellite radio jack in the accessory socket, it blows the fuse. ie, push the jacks straight in and take them straight out. Don't twist them once they are in the socket.

Best regards,
yesno

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.