Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Fan Motor will not turn on and then will not shut off

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  robokp66 
#1 ·
I own a 2006 Ridgeline with 41,000 miles on it. I use the truck for volunteer work in town as well as traveling to my many doctor appointments. Duroing my recent heat wave I noticed a problem that had started in the winter BUT I thought that it had gone away.
There are many times when I will turn on the blower motor for the heat/ AC or defrost and the motor will not turn on. I need to keep turning it back & forth until it kicks in, sometimes this still will not happen until a few minutes down the road when all of a sudden, out of the blue it will turn it self on. There are also many times when I have gone to turn down or turn off the blower motor and it will not shut off or even turn down the speed of the motor. Then all of a sudden a couple of minutes later the motor will stop working. I have no idea what is going on here, do I own a haunted truck, is this normal ( yea right, what is normal??)

I have also run into another issue with my Ridgeline. Every now & then the battery will just go =dead, nothing was left on, just goes dead. In order for me to get it to the Honda dealer for them to look at it I would need to jump start it, guess what, by the time I drove to the dealership it was all charged. This happened at least 8 times. One time after being away for 6 days we went to start it and nothing. We could not even get it to jump start. I had to have it towed 100 miles to a Honda dealer who in turn went through the whole truck and found that SEVERAL fuses, main fuses had blown, have no idea why , just gone. Is there some type of issue with the charging system that I should know or ask about?

Besides the 2006 fuel pump recall, are there any others that I was NEVER told about????
Thank you.
robokp66

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.