Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

What did you pay per gallon @ your last fill up?

397K views 4K replies 723 participants last post by  FTM1 
#1 ·
Payed $2.85/ gallon this morning. BP/Amoco Route 71 Newark, IL.

#5 ·
I paid $3.189 per gallon at costco last thursday and the price at the other stations was $3.299 for regular and $3.499 for super . I put just over 12 gallons in the green dragon, which is about normal for me in a three week period .

#8 ·
315.9 this morning. While I was filling up, the attendant was lowering the price to 311.9 on the magnetic sign post. he laughed when I asked for my post-fillup discount. Prices vary from 309 to 329 in my area, but I was on fumes when 315 looked good to me.

#9 ·
In the Eureka/Arcata/McKinleyville area we have had the highest prices in the state since like forever . We would have to drive to Redding which is over 100 miles east or Crescent city 69 miles north to find cheaper gas, I am certain that there are a few stations that are around here that are higher than $3.50 already . I always see on the news that they say so and so is the highest in the nation and I say yeah right , you did not look at our gas prices here, because we are usually 5 to 10 cents higher than the highest that is reported on the news . During Katrina we got as high as $3.75 for regular at most of our stations for regular . I watch the news and during that time I got to the station early and stocked up on 25 extra gallons besides filling up my truck, by the time gas fell back down I still had 5 gallons left in one gas can for my tools .

#14 ·
My brother in law is trying to convince me that if I run the Premium gas in my RL, I will see enough of a mileage increase that it will more than offset the approx .20 cents per gallon the Premium costs over the Regular unleaded.

I dont know, that would mean it would have to push my RL mileage over the 19 mpg I am getting currently. I dont see how it can be done.

What do others think about this..

#16 ·
Just filled up this morning at a BP station in Quakertown PA.
Regular 87 octane $3.019 per gallon x 18.472 gallons = $55.77. Ouch! :eek:

#17 ·
Minimum wage is at $7.25 per hour , I charge $20.00 per hour for my work . I do about 160 miles a month average . I also have little overhead . I trade work for my bills and my share of the mortgage and I trade work for my accountant too . Everything is expensive here, milk is at $4.09 a gallon , good thing my truck doesn't run on milk, I would have to have a cow in the trunk , LOL :p

#18 ·
dragonslayer,

you have some creative ways to make it work... And I imagine that sunny california weather makes it well worth all the jard work..

160 miles per month.. .... i cant imagine that, I almost do that in a day. But kind of like you, i sacrifice in some areas to have a house, and other things.

#19 ·
Just got back from the Walmart gas pumps.

2.91/gal for 87 octane.

Pumped 12.63 gallons. Last tank was 18.8 mpg (about 50/50 highway/ in-town driving).

#20 ·
When on vacation in Californinia a couple of months ago, we were driving the Coast Highway a bit north of Hearst Castle area, and we were running low on gas with no idea where the next station was. There was a little motel/gas station area literally in the middle of no where. Gas was $4 a gallon. This is when regular was about $2.50 in the rest of the state. I took $10 worth. I wonder what that station has the price at today. If I was a tanker driver, I would never want to deliver to this station as it was 20 miles in either direction of very windy, hilly roads where one mistake and you would not live to tell about it. Anyone know what station I am talking about?

#21 ·
That must have been the station at Cambria, right on Hwy 1 on the coast. It's always very high. They can get away with it because they're in the middle of nowhere and depend on tourists who travel along the Coastal Hwy.
I just paid $3.159 in Monterey. It hurts, but I guess it could be worse....I could be driving a Ford F350 or a Hummer! :eek:

#24 ·
I filled up last Tuesday (May 25th) and paid $3.03 per gallon. $52 dollars to fill up my tank.

This is a first for me.:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.