Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

An Advantage of Being Single

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Car Compulsive 
#1 ·
I had winter tires (Michelin Latitude X-Ice XI2) mounted on my factory 17" wheels. I am storing my factory tires in the basement until I buy summer wheels in the spring. Hmm, how to get the wet & somewhat muddy tires to the basement without getting myself dirty before going out to dinner with my girlfriend? Sure, they'll roll just fine across the linoleum in the laundry room and the wood floor of the kitchen to the bare wood steps to the basement and across the concrete floor to the back corner using only my leather work gloves. A couple damp paper towels handled the tracks upstairs. A spouse would have added needless complication to the task.

#5 ·
GF and I don't live together - we're both in our 50s and don't believe in it outside of marriage. If we were married, her only response to bringing in the tires and cleaning up afterwards would probably be "Really?" while rolling her eyes and shaking her head. She's a keeper.

#7 ·
... If we were married, her only response to bringing in the tires and cleaning up afterwards would probably be "Really?" while rolling her eyes and shaking her head...
Over dinner, I mentioned what I did and this thread. She said she would have yelled at me - and then rolled her eyes. She's still a keeper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.