Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Beach Driving

6K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  carolinadriver 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone.....I live on the east end of L.I. and have pretty much zero'd in on a Ridgeline when my current lease is up...I do a lot of on the beach driving while surfcasting, surfing and just plain beaching....I was wondering has anyone had any experience driving a Ridge on the beach thru soft sand?....and how did it handle it?...thanks in advance for any info.
Regards,
SWG

#3 ·
Same here. We enjoy driving on Cape Hatteras beaches in the Outer Banks of NC. Same advice, 12-15 pounds of pressure and pull the VSA. Works like a champ. BTW, use the Search tool and look for Beach Driving. Several good threads on people's experiences -including mine :D

#6 ·
Hey I Plan On Surf Casting This Fall On The Cape. (race Point) Please Let Me Know About Pulling The Vsa Fuse . What Will Happen If You Don't Pull The Fuse. I Thought We Could Shut It Of With The Switch. I Know It Resets When We Restart The Engine But I Thought It Would Be Off As Long As You Kept The Motor Running. I Will Take Any Advice I Can Get Thanks. I Haven't Taken The Ridge Over Sand Yet. Sully

#8 ·
Hey Sully, not positive but I believe the problem with turning off your VSA is an over ride due to low tire pressure needed for the sand... That's why people pull the fuse. So that you don't get the VSA over ride...Or somethig like that...
I'm sure someone will post a better response...:D

#12 ·
The text below is copied in from LoRider90's post October 17, 2005. That's about when I first tried it too. It's an excellent thread and I'd include a link, but I'm just not sure how to reference a specific thread. Anyway the title is "Beach Driving with the VSA fuse pulled!" and I found it again searching for "beach fuse".
-----------
"I just pulled the 20 amp as well
"Re: Beach Driving with the VSA fuse pulled!
Actually, the fuses are clearly labeled inside the fuse cover. pop the cover turn it over, only thing, hope you have younger eyes than i do, better bring your magnifiers.

The VSA has two fuses the 20 AMP appears to run the sesnsors, the 40 amp runs the VSA motor.

I pulled just the 20"

#15 ·
I am a newbie...please help. I like to drive my truck on the beach so I can go surfing but sometimes when the sand is soft it can be challenge (I let some air out). I would like more clearance. To accomplish this, do your recommend I go with a larger tire (I have 245s now...should I get 285s), or a skyjacker 2" suspension "leveling" lift. THIS IS IMMENSLY IMPORTANT to me so if you can share a quick thought or any other suggestions I would be grateful! Thanks for your time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.