Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

*** SOLD *** FS: 08 RTL Black on Gray - 11k miles - $26,000 - extras

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  blueliner1776 
#1 · (Edited)
SOLD!
Yes, I know if you're on this forum, chances are you already have a Ridge, but here goes anyway if you're looking to upgrade or know someone looking...

Features:
- Standard RTL goodies: Heated Leather, Sunroof, XM, heated mirrors, etc.
- Westin Premier Stainless Steel Black Nerf Bars/steps ($500)
- Hood air deflector
- Front and rear mud flaps
- Cargo tray/deck mat
- Teflon wipers
- Anti-rust undercoating already done for this winter

I am selling because my family (including me) just bought a cottage and I just barely can't make the payments on this anymore. Please don't try to low ball me here, I am already over a barrel and pretty sad that I have to sell this truck. Purchased in March 2008... I would be willing to just sign over the payments (approx. $500/month, 52 payments left), the dealership said this type of transaction would have to go straight through Honda Finance.

Excellent condition, there are two small scratches each about the size of a quarter... one on the driver quarterpanel and the other on the passenger mirror. I'd have to point them out for you to notice and I will touch them up prior to sale.

I also have a set of RTX rims with Cooper Discovery tires and special RTX rim lugs included (10k miles on tires, NO curb rash, no TPMS) that are for sale, $750 for the whole set or they can be worked in with the above deal. These are currently NOT on the truck even though they are in pics. The standard RTL wheels/tires (tires with only 3k miles on them) will be included.

Lots of pictures on Autotrader, link on my next post.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: FS: 08 RTL Black on Gray - 11k miles - $26,000 - extras

I am selling because my family (including me) all went in on a lake house and I can't afford to make these payments any more. I really do like the truck a lot and I put a lot of thought into buying it and the accessories, but my financial situation has changed significantly from when I bought it.

#8 ·

I am selling because my family (including me) all went in on a lake house and I can't afford to make these payments any more. I really do like the truck a lot and I put a lot of thought into buying it and the accessories, but my financial situation has changed significantly from when I bought it.
It is a MUST that you sell it? Even at a loss you can take the lump and recover quicker than having them ruin your credit report. Everyone on so many levels is hurting and cutting back.

#6 ·

yeah, I have been thinking about just taking off the tonneau, wheels/tires/lugs and cargo mat and selling them on ebay. I just figure they make it more attractive.

#7 ·

I wish you well. I traded in a Ford 2003 Explorer with 48k miles for 5k (paid 25,550) because I couldn't sell it privately and needed a truck again. Used a trailer for part runs and pickups but rarely towed.

RTLs seem to run around 26k NEW on 08s, maybe less if they're still sitting.

I took the RTS 08 new in Aug for 21,200 T/T with OEM trailer package installed, no other option.

We were never using the SUV, getting poor mileage, limited towing to class 3. Put it was becoming a money pit with the brakes it went through and gas. 3 pairs of front pads and rotors and 2 pairs of rear. 48k miles. Dealer was paying all this under warranty and one last "good will" (had an argument over this 4 changes and never towed ANYTHING). Seems like a product failure 6k miles on rotors and pads! Only option was to put on new aftermarket parts and by the time I ran that cost I said forget it. Then I saw that ALL new trucks had HUGE mark downs.

In the end guess I got the same that would have if trucks cost more and trades got more. BTW I told my wife to say make sure you say we can't do a deal without like 5k on the SUV (she saw a paper they were originally giving 3800!) But we did get the 5k, the sure want to move them.

#9 ·

if you decide to part out the Torza, I am interested. Please PM me if you wish to sell separately.

#10 · (Edited)
Re: FS: 08 RTL Black on Gray - 12k miles - $24,000 - extras

Just wanted to make sure everyone noticed the new asking price since the title of the thread won't change for me. If anyone has a tip, please let me know how to change it. If I don't sell her in the next month or so, it's off to ebay we go... :(

#11 ·
***SOLD***FS: 08 RTL Black on Gray - 11k miles - $26,000 - extras

Just so everyone has an idea of pricing, I sold my 08 RTL with 12k miles (description above) including extra rims/tires/lugs, tonneau cover, cargo tray, hood air deflector, westin stainless nerf bars and rear splash guards

for $23,000. I paid 27,700 for the truck alone about 8 months ago.

Adios, everyone, keep on ROC'n.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.