Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

2010 RTL with 11K?

5K views 47 replies 12 participants last post by  IanRTL 
#1 ·
Hey guys.

I'm desperately awaiting the new ridge design, but getting up close to 130K in miles on my 06. In another thread regarding the future of the ridge, a fellow ROC friend suggested I buy a late model ridge with low miles which will last me for another 4 or 5 years and get me past at least the first year of the redesign so the bugs can be worked out etc OR if the redesign sucks. I'm not stuck driving a ridge with 200K on it, but rather I'd have one with about 35K to 40K which will drive for a long time.

Anyway. I found a 2010 with 11Kish on it. For just under $31K How's that sound? I just started looking.

Thanks.

Bruce

#40 ·
I wish.

I haven't figured out how to post pics yet. I'm sure it's easy. But I haven't crossed that line yet.

Also I'm going right from the dealer to the airport so she'll get dusty and nasty in the parking garage anyway.

PLUS, I'm having the few major scratches and small dents taken out as soon as I free up a couple days. Then she'll look nice!!! Maybe then I'll figure out how to post a pic!

Bruce

#41 ·
Ha! I'm not great with pictures, either. I do know you can attach them with your post, but I have yet to figure out how to actually put them into the body of the message. Post them to an online album, copy and paste? I dunno. Maybe someone who knows can help us out and teach us a few things... :act014:

#43 ·
Oh I definitely think I made the right call. I like the new truck and some of it's amenities. We're just getting to know one another. :act006:

I saw the other thread came back to life. I'll still watch it as I'm very curious and of course still planning to buy one of the redesigns eventually if I like it.

Bruce

#44 ·
Yeah, me too. The dogs and I will keep following the progress on the new RL, but as I said earlier, we HAVE to have a topper, which may not be available (if at all) until several years after the new model is out. With all the talk about new engines and trannies, the topper issue seems very trivial. I like everything about the RL, but I'm probably the only guy out there with a "deal-breaker" like that. Gotta go...my lab says it's time to chase the pheasants!

#45 ·
I seriously considered a topper on my first one, but I really couldn't justify the need over a tonneau cover.

Good luck with the birds!

BTW, the dealer made good on all the "We Owe" items today including fixing the annoying whistle on the first try!!! Thanks to ROC for providing me great examples of fixes and shortcuts to finding the problem!

This group is amazing!

Bruce

#47 ·
It sure was Ian. Thanks a ton for the advice on that. They put some additional weather stripping under the existing stuff in that crack and she sounded nice and quiet for the 30 miles or so I drove her back to KC yesterday. It was fairly windy too so I think we got a good test. Of course we'll see if it stays quiet in other conditions or not. Fingers crossed.

BTW, just in case it comes up.....Rolling Hills Honda in St. Joseph, MO has a very, very focused and friendly service dept. They were right on top of this. I think my usual dealer in KC would have figured it out as well, but I doubt they'd have taken me up on my offer to take them for a spin AND had bot a tech AND the service mgr along for the ride. Not ONCE did they act like I was full of crap. That's refreshing.

Thanks again!

Bruce

#48 ·
Great to hear everything worked out! Good stuff!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.