Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Tents for Ridgeline

107K views 168 replies 81 participants last post by  MarkTw 
#1 ·
#27 ·
Just spoke with Napier........it appears that Jackie is forwarding the requests to the "product development people" who do not have names. There is no timeline for production at this point.............very vague and non-commital. She said to keep checking.

#29 ·
My latest query to the VP. Roman is the founder and Pres. I you want it let them know.

The following is a copy of the message you sent to Christina Milan via Napier Enterprises - Tents, Camping and Adventure Products

Hi there,

We would still like a product for the Honda Ridgeline. Sounds like Roman is up for it.

from Roman's contact info

Roman Napieraj’s vision and inventions have reshaped the automotive and camping industry in ways that he could not had ever imagined. As President and Founder of Napier Enterprises, he has overcome the odds and changed the way people enjoy their lifestyle. Roman is committed to pushing the limits of design and developing new technically advanced products on the market without compromising quality. Roman’s passion for innovation aided his vision for perfection.

Let's see you put some action to these words!!!!!!

#30 ·
Does Napier have a competitor? Like, is there any other company making bed tents that may want to be contacted? I can imagine the inactions of one company are the benefits and actions of another.... :cool:

#32 ·
They replied:
Dear Mr. Smith:

Thank you for your e-mail it will be forwarded to Mr. Napier.

Best Regards,

Christina Milan,CMA
Napier Enterprises
Designed for the great Outdoors
cmilan@napierenterprises.com

rms56 said:
My latest query to the VP. Roman is the founder and Pres. I you want it let them know.

The following is a copy of the message you sent to Christina Milan via Napier Enterprises - Tents, Camping and Adventure Products

Hi there,

We would still like a product for the Honda Ridgeline. Sounds like Roman is up for it.

from Roman's contact info

Roman Napieraj’s vision and inventions have reshaped the automotive and camping industry in ways that he could not had ever imagined. As President and Founder of Napier Enterprises, he has overcome the odds and changed the way people enjoy their lifestyle. Roman is committed to pushing the limits of design and developing new technically advanced products on the market without compromising quality. Roman’s passion for innovation aided his vision for perfection.

Let's see you put some action to these words!!!!!!

#33 · (Edited)
Here's an anwer received from the Camp-Rite Owner after asking if their tents fit on a Ridgeline:

"Sorry no one makes a tent for the Ridgeline, but I’ve had a few requests. I’d need an order for about a 100 or more to make it happen.

David
Owner Camp-Right.com

PS that for looking into our tents"

Here are the websites for your perusal: http://www.camp-right.com/ & http://www.lakelandgear.com/

If you want it, just send your email to this adress here david@camp-right.com or call toll-free @ 888-301-GEAR

ROCamper

#91 ·
Here's an anwer received from the Camp-Rite Owner after asking if their tents fit on a Ridgeline:

"Sorry no one makes a tent for the Ridgeline, but I’ve had a few requests. I’d need an order for about a 100 or more to make it happen.

David
Owner Camp-Right.com
ROCamper
Something new from the Camp-Right web site (http://www.camp-right.com/truck_tent_size.htm). Here's what they wrote on their web page entitled "Truck Tent Sizing and Fit Guide".

Here is a list of common trucks there is NO TRUCK TENT to fit due to small size (no sleeping room), older models, or not enough demand.

Honda Ridgeliner (note if anyone is willing to place an order for over 300 tents for this truck, we will consider developing this size) Chevy S-10 step side, Ford XL and XLT Splash Step Side, Ford Ranger Edge, Ford Ranger Tremor, Toyota T3 Tundra.

Shouldn't Honda step in here to make this happen? I'm really disappointed that Ridgeline owners are being neglected with such product ... considering that GM has an exclusive line and due to it similarity, Napier already has a model for the Avalanche box.

:mad: ROCamper

#34 · (Edited)
:(
A reply from Napier Enterprises ... Guess this is their standard answer.

"Thank you for your inquiry.

Unfortunately we do not have a truck tent to fit the Honda Ridgeline at the minute. I have forwarded your request to our R&D department for future development.
Thank you for your interest in our products.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us.

Best Regards,

Customer Service
Napier Enterprises
Designed for the great Outdoors!
T:905-935-0427
F:905-935-2918"

:cool: Guess if we want to make something happen ... at least there seems to be some opening with Lake and Gear (posted on my previous reply). They do have a few that requested it ... if you want it, send over your names to Dave at Lake and Gear. Just 99 to go ... I guess !

ROCamper

#35 ·
this tent idea is interesting... we often slept in the back of our old tacoma but i figured that was pretty much out of the question now that we have a 5ft bed and no topper. i'm not interested in another topper(too hard to see out the back and too hard to remove) but maybe somthign mad from canvas would be a nice alternative to fiberglass and it could easily be modified to extend into a "tent" that would extend out over the tail gate.
here are some cool links but of course none of them specifically list applications for the RL :(
http://www.wildyoats.com/canvas_top_tech.htm

http://www.loftyshelters.com/IndexFrame.htm

http://www.can-back.com/

-md

#36 ·
#41 ·
That is the only good thing about the mid-gate I can think of. I wouldn't use it for hauling because I would not want my cargo sliding into my cab but if my truck was safely parked and I had a tent pitched in the bed of my truck then it might be convenient to be able to crawl into the cab .... maybe. :confused:

#38 ·
Just got a reply from Napier, they need 100 requests to start anything, but once they do it is a year to develop. :( Lets see if we can get enough inquiries to at least get the ball rolling.

"Dear Joe,

In order to develop a new tent specifically for a particular truck like the
Ridgeline, we need to determine the market for the tent. As we have done in
the past, we will record all inquiries regarding a tent for the Honda
Ridgeline and once the inquires exceed 100, we will develop the tent which
would take a year to develop. I will add you to our list and inform you if
we developed the tent.

Best Regards,

Katie Gordon
Marketing Coordinator
Napier Enterprises
kgordon@napierenterprises.com
www.sportzbynapier.com
Ph: 905-935-0427
Fax: 905-935-2918"

#40 ·
I submitted Lake and Gear's response (from David, Owner Camp-Right.com) to Napier Enterprises and did request if they (Camp-Right) are willing to build the tent if demand was sufficient (100 - just like Camp-Right owner) why not Napier? Unfortunately, their customer service department didn't even bother to respond.

:rolleyes: Are they keeping track (and will they)? Not sure. I'm very sceptical with their last response ... specially with the one year to design considering that this model is very similar to the Avalanche's and already on the market. Hopefully, they're not just buying time here.

:eek: So I guess in the mean time, we'll just have to cross our fingers, give their rocket scientists a chance to figure out how a tent could be designed for such bed and hope that they can deliver some miracle.

:mad: So much for good customer service!!!

#46 ·
Drop the tailgate & the area is 6'.

A tent in a Ridgeline bed would have a basement...

#55 ·
No ... not yet. Both Napier and Camp-Right have indicated that they will consider to design such tent if they get at least one hundred requests.

In the mean time, if you wish to see one of these tents out of the production line, send in your request and hope others follow as well.

#59 ·
I was sent over here from another "tent" thread by ROCamper.
From what I've read, I prefer the Camp-Right version of truck tents, primarily because they don't use the sewn in floor. A real advantege of this for the Ridge is access to the trunk. They discuss other reasons on their site. Now all we need is to convince at least one to commence production.
I've sent them (Camp-Right) an email.
Too bad more suppliers can't be like FIG, of hood prop fame. :)
exA4

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.