Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Tents for Ridgeline

107K views 168 replies 81 participants last post by  MarkTw 
#1 ·
#104 ·
Anybody in the Seattle area?
I couldn't find the local tentmaker, but in searching I found these people, who I emailed and asked if they could custom make a tent:

George,

Thank you for your email. We are a custom fabric manufacturer with a history of making tents so this is something that we could do for you. However, we do not have a current design and would have to start from scratch which could be quite expensive. If your interested I would be happy to work with you on this. Please call or email me and let me know if you would like to come in for a short meeting.

Best Wishes,

Josh Lindholm
Industrial Sales Executive
Rainier Industries Ltd.
18435 Olympic Ave South
Tukwila, WA 98188

425-981-1260-Direct
206-854-2867-Mobile
800-869-7162-Toll Free
425-251-5065-Fax
www.rainier.com

At least he answered, which is more than some have done.
Anyway, if there are enough interested for a group buy you might get something going. I'm not wanting a tent, and I live far from WA. So somebody close should give Josh a call and see what he can do.

#105 ·
Hey guys I have just found the need to get one of these tents for my ridge, how goes the current news on one.

#106 ·
Hey Does someone live close by to the napier Factory?

Maybe they could stop by and see if a Sport Truck III would fit with minor mods to the attaching points. That way Napier could find out if it was easier to make minor mods and use one in production and it wouldn't take another 2 years or so to get one on the market.

Or put an ad in the paper, or does someone have a buddy or son and see if they have a Sport Truck III tent for their truck that they would be willing to meet you somewhere and try it out on the Ridgeline to see if it fits. Maybe a camping or truck gear store would be willing to do this to try to make the sale?

I looked in the Napier 2008 catalog and it still doesn't list our Honda Ridgline. One of these posts mentioned it being available in 2008.

#109 ·
Has anyone contacted Rainier, who I busted my butt to find and linked to in post #104? Josh did show some interest.
That's okay. I give my all for you people and noboby cares.
I'm gonna get me a Tundra. Mother told me I shudda.
:p
exA4

#110 ·
Got into a discussion on truck tents with my father over the weekend. He admitted that he bought a tent for his short bed ford a year ago and it is collecting dust in the corner of the garage. Apparently with the 36' fifth wheel camper he doesn't use the tent..... go figure. It'll be a week or so, but he and I are going to see just how close a fit the tent may or may not be. I'll be back with pictures and more info soon.

Not as good as a Ridgeline specific tent, but it may be the best we are going to get anytime soon.

#113 ·
Has anyone thougth about just trying to put in a two man tent into the bed. I was looking online and they have backpacking tents that measure 4.5' x 7'. It seems like you could probably squeeze one in and rig up a way to hold it down....any thoughts????:confused:

#114 ·
Idealy, if it rains, you want to keep the water out of the pickup bed. I guess you could rig a big rain flap.
It's important to me to be able to stand up in the tent.
I think I'll call Rainier (mentioned above, 2/21/08) and pretend to be interested in buying a truck tent. The owner did show some interest in the project.

#119 ·
I really want to take the anchors from the Kargo Master Ladder Rack, and use them for a low height platform for an expedition tent on the bed. Something that would sit around the height of a tonneau cover while driving, and then fold out over the side when in use. Maybe have a notch on the fold out part that would clear the angled portion of the bed. Better yet I'd really like to figure out how to have it sit in the bed, then elevate to a usable height when camping. Similar to how the roof of a popup camper works. Unfortunately, I'm not an engineer or a machinist. So these wishes will continue to remain out of my reach.

#125 ·
I've decided that if I want to go camping regularly, and I want to sleep up off the ground, I'll just get a used tent trailer. I had one back in the day, and it was much nicer than any pickup bed tent. And way more convenient.
I'm almost talking myself into it. :act006:

#128 ·
Well i do have a kayak and a 12' jon boat that can be carried on a pop-up, I have a 14' aluminum which would not so easily be carried. I'm looking for ~18' or so boat now ; I am keeping an eye out for something with a cuddy such as a trophy 1802, but I am 6'3 and it may be tough to sleep in it.

You should definitely get a pop-up though; such a nice feeling knowing you don't have to sleep in a tent....a mini speedboat would be nice too.

#129 ·
#130 ·
Somebody did earlier in this thread. Won't fit.
It's the inbed trunk that scares everybody off, I think.
No tent,
No bedrug,
No inbed trunk prop.
Sheesh, we get no respect.
Maybe I should've bought one of those "A" things?
:act060: ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch!

:act051:

#131 ·
This thread gets a big :act060:

I too would be interested in a tent for the RL, hell I would bet Honda wouldn't have any problems selling this as an OEM accessory. Why Honda.. Why do you continue to fail to properly market the Ridgeline when given ample opportunities. :mad:

#132 ·
This thread has been hanging around for about 3 1/2 years now. I think we might be out of luck. Same for the Bedrug. There just aren't enough of us to excite the makers of these products.
So, here ya go!:
No, really.
A 4x8 sheet of plywood will lay flat in the Ridge's bed, and could be hinged.
BTW; I bought the material to make my own bed liner from Bedrug. Now I gotta get offa my butt and make it. :act039:
A problem for both is the in-bed trunk.

#135 ·

Attachments

#136 ·
Great Find yinzguys! Since we don’t have any manufacturers willing to supply our trucks with a soft side solution, it’s up to each of us to being ideas like these to this thread.

I saw several at this year’s SEMA show that utilized the roof rack for support. Maybe used in conjunction with either of the camper shells to spread the load, this could work for some.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.